Very large items for caches

Guest chipper

Guest chipper

I?m looking for some ideas about how to give cache seekers something really big. Occasionally I have access to new mountain bikes, computer printers, car seats and other large items. In other words these items just will not fit into a normal cache container. I?ve been trying to formulate a way to give the cache finder these items. The only thing I?ve been able to come up with is in the form of a multi cache. The person finds the cache and gives me ?the secret code? they found at the cache and I give them coordinates to my home or some other location where they can pickup the item. Or does this idea just stink?

Guest coralgeo

It could be a hand-made *gift-certificate* rather than a secret code. You'd still have to decide if you wanted the finder to come to your house or not. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

------------------

http://www.geocities.com/scubasue1/geocaching

Into a melody of deep blue; shells drifting downward to sink and settle on the seafloor. An earth song of creation kneads them into stone, draws aside the waves and lifts them into mountains.

-Nancy Penrose

Guest Julian

Maybe a key to a locker at a nearby bus station, or to one of those storage unit places. (although you'd be stuck paying a rental charge every month.)

Guest chipper

The homemade gift certificate idea sounds like a good idea. Something like, "This certificate entitles you to ...."

I would have to go to a bus station. I don't know what kind of units they have available. There are not a lot of bus stations here in Idaho.

Guest Hawk-eye

... just a thought ... I left a book of matches marked with the words BONUS CLUE, the first finder of my cache in Bolivia emailed me with the discription of what the Bonus clue was and I sent him the prize. Simple ... but it worked.

Guest chipper

ing than normal. I've been thinking about putting a cache out on an island on the Snake river. You would need a boat to get to it. After all you should have to put out some effort to reap the "big" rewards.

Guest Anton

Greetings!

How about using an antique safe, the kind seen in old movies with double doors, handles, feet with wheels, and a combination lock? Put the numbers in the cheat clue, in case there are any geocachers who can't crack a safe, and forgot to bring the nitro.

Anton

------------------

Anton Ninno - N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 07 June 2001).]