Which cable to buy?

gmaxis

I'll try to keep my insanity to a minimum, but I don't like the looks of either of those places.

I'm sure it soesn't cost $50 to make that cable, but $5 for that 2nd one seems a little too low. Also the 1st one said it's "gold plated" but you can see it isn't.

I'd get a Garmin brnad on sale somewhere. Just my 2 euro.

=====

It is the tale, not he who tells it."

We use the Garmin branded data/power cable. If you're patient, Amazon sometimes offers it cheaply; at the very least, shop around, because list price is a ripoff. The cable's performance is just fine, though we've taken twist-ties and tied the two cords together so the data part doesn't flop around in the car when we're using the power cable.

Also, if you're clumsy, you might trip over the cable on your way out of the car and jerk it out of its socket and then the cigarette lighter adapter plug might start to pull apart a little. (I mean, you might, I never would. Nope, not me.) But don't worry, it'll keep working.

I'd be leery of buying a used cable, but if you can find a new one cheap on Ebay, go for it.