Cache detail wav/midi/mp3/etc necessary ?!?

dteec

As a GeoCaching.com user, there's not many things more annoying to me icon_mad.gif than going to a cache detail page only to be serenaded by a wav/midi or other sound file that another user decides to place on their detail page. Is this totally necessary? I realize how some of the songs played play into the whole them of a particular cache, but I don't I need to be serenaded, especially when it interferes with other music that I may be listening to while browsing the site.

One option would be for GeoCaching.com to implement a play/stop button on the detail pages that would allow users, that don't want to hear the music, to turn it off. Until then, there not a whole lot any of us can do except to remove our headphones or turn down the volume when those annoying songs are played.

Yeah, I know, what's the big deal?? It's really not a huge deal, just something that bother's me and I'm wondering if it's bothering other users as well. To me, it falls into that mentality of "if it can be done, do it." What do you think?

dteec

I have my PC volume turned down to zilch whenever I'm on Geocaching.com. No offense to those that spruce up their cache pages with sound, but I've found it a little distracting. That's just my personal preference, so me turning down the volume works for me, & it just aint' that hard to do. icon_biggrin.gif

"Gimpy"

At home, where I have the screamin broadband connection, keeping the sound turned down until it's wanted works well. Unfortunately, sound files are often pretty big and many parts of the world don't have reliable 33.6k dial-up, never mind 56k (52k).

And before someone says that people don't geocache often in those countries, I do and I will frequently check caches I an planning for future finding while on those trips.