Magellan Thales / Geocaching Adventures - Prizes!

alexm

quote:
Originally posted by Team Smoke:

When is Garmin going to do something like this? We all know that Garmin eTrex is the best GPSr. icon_cool.gif

Team Smoke

With an attitude like that, NEVER would be my answer, why advertize if you already own the market?

The right response is "Off to the pawn shop I go to dump my (&)(*^& Garmin for money to buy a new Magellan!"...

Enough people start saying something like that and Garmin might do a "Rhino Hunt" or some such thing.

icon_cool.gif

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nebraskache/

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

quote:
Originally posted by Cacheola Crew:

Anyone want to share how to have the coordinates sent to your phone?

You need a friend at a computer watching for the updates...that's how the first finder in Illinois did it.

__"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."__

It's true.. I was said 'friend at a computer' helping Dru when he found his (Moraccan). Only half of assist on Ventura Kid's find of Destiny's Door though, Team Dakiba was more direct one that one.

That said, I suppose I should send in my hat coupon from two weeks ago.. but it really seems like it might make more a better souvenir (or trade item) on it's own. I actually think the hat looks kinda lame! icon_rolleyes.gif

CK

--

Geocaching: The World's Finest Outdoor Geeking

"Oh, look at me. I'm off with my way cool friends to sniff floor wax." - Brian, 'My So-Called Life'

quote:
You need a friend at a computer watching for the updates...that's how the first finder in Illinois did it.

Actually I was talking about this that someone posted over at the Magellan site for one of the hunts:

Ahhhhh...with the lengthy delay in new clues/coordinates, I now have a process in place (thanks Bill) that will detect when the coordinates get posted and instantly send them in an email alert to my phone. No more refresh button for me!! I'm just gonna leave work now and drive around Philly....

I took my grand prize coupon down to the post office on the day I found it (July 5) and asked them what I needed to do to get delivery confirmation. They gave me two choices, both over $4. I picked priority mail and tacked on the 45 cents for Delivery Confirmation. Well, just like on the last ebay package I mailed, Delivery Confirmation was useless. It was scanned leaving my post office, and scanned again 3 days later in California two miles from the destination post office, and has not been seen (by the usps computers at least) since. And I've not heard back from Magellan with any kind of confirmation, either. icon_frown.gif

ravenbrk

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

I've heard that some people have gotten their hats from the second place coupons. But, has anyone gotten their grand prize yet? I mailed in my ticket, certified mail, but haven't heard back yet. I'm wondering if they will wait to get them all and then do the drawing, or if they just pick a prize as the tickets come in.

That bites about the coupon getting lost.

As far as a friend at home... that strategy failed here in Michigan. icon_smile.gif Someone from Ohio (Tim) was parked about 100 feet in front of Dekaner and I in the park where the coordinates ended up being.

He had a friend. We had a wireless laptop icon_smile.gif In the end technology was the scale tipper. Research and an educated guess on where in a large park the cache would be got us both to the same parking spots and within 500 feet of the cache, but the wireless laptop gave us a 30 second jump on the coords which was all the difference in the world for that one.

It was a blast though. Stock up on the No-doze and Mountain Dew guys icon_smile.gif

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

Raven'

Don't give up yet A couple of months ago I returned My Platinum for replacement With delivery confirmation requested. I never recieved the confirmation from the USPS but I did get a free replacement GPS even though the warranty had expired 2 months earlier

Well, today I got my receipt for my certified letter to Magellan. I sent in my 'golden ticket' and they have it. Now to wait to see what my prize is. If I win the trip to Hollywood, who wants to trade with me? hehe

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan

Trades are always a possibility, it depends on what you've got. icon_biggrin.gif

I sent my coupon in last week, USPS Priority with Signature Confirmation, which shows it being signed for yesterday. I'm waiting with you...

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

Well, today I got my receipt for my certified letter to Magellan. I sent in my 'golden ticket' and they have it. Now to wait to see what my prize is. If I win the trip to Hollywood, who wants to trade with me? hehe

http://www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru/images/stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -http://www.theheavenlyhost.com/geocache

Never thought of that...LOL...that would suck if someone here in AZ won a trip to the Grand Canyon, Vegas, or L.A. Well, okay, I would still take the trip to Vegas!

Hey, Magellan, Arizona is STILL waiting....