Attatching GPS case to pack shoulder strap....

rm17

I've seen some cases for things such as knives and sunglasses (which might fit your GPS) that have a hook-and-loop-fastener (Velcro, for instance) loop that will go around a backpack strap.

There's always the carabiner through the lanyard trick.

I am Arrowroot, son of Arrowshirt. I have many names, you know

I also found the Walmart Special for $7 works real well.

The velcro strap is horizontal so it wraps right around the strap. I put a piece of foam rubber for a shim to keep it tighter so it doesn't slide down.

Since my pack sits on my fanny pack, there is not a lot of weight on the shoulder straps so when I want to do a track, I can just tuck the GPS under the strap and let it do its thing.

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.

I carried mine to a shoe repair shop and they sewed Velcro on to my pack and to my case. They also did my cell phone eye glasses case. Them I had them sew Velcro on my suspenders.

I think I could play that game where you take off running and jump up and stick to a wall

I just use lanyard to attach GPS to ring in backpack... Lanyard is actually real cheap dog leash with snap catch on one end and use mini caribiner to attach other end to back pack...

Actually carry GPS in hand most of time when not in pocket of BP....

Lanyard is so it does not get dropped or misplaced if I lay it down...

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

I also use a couple of plastic tie straps around the shoulder strap and then hook the belt clip on the back of my case from The GPS store behind the plastic tie straps. It holds like if it were on a belt and with this style of case your gps can still have a full view of the sky if you want to leave it on and create a track log.

sidewinder

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.