How do you join other cachers?

I went in search of a 4 last weekend, one I'd already found (twice)except this time I joined a group of 6 with a few dogs... Most fun I've ever had.... I normally cache alone and I'm thinking never again...

I'll tell you what... I had more fun with a group than I have before... I've been trying to find a few to get another 4 together but it's been difficult... Do you like caching alone, even on the difficult ones?

I'm not sure what your 4's are like, but ours are just short of needing special equipment...

I'm not sure of of the meaning of this post, except that I'll never cache alone again if I can help it...

EDIT: To fix spelling and punksuashun...

geosig.jpg

Contents Under Pressure...

[This message was edited by Acceptable Risk on October 22, 2002 at 05:02 AM.]

My wife and I cache together. I am amazed but she loves this stuff. Florida can get wild three steps from the car. She just charges in. She used to be afraid of little house spiders...go figure. Anyways my point is I'm not allowed to cache alone except for benchmarks which she considers borrrrring. icon_cool.gif

You can't be lost if you don't care where you are.

After checking out the celebration of cachers that gathered to help BruceS on his 1000th cache hunt this past summer, I decided to try it a group caching event this summer to mark my 100th.

What started as being a group of four cachers (including BruceS), turned into me and camp637. But we had a BLAST! Then a couple weeks after that Genius Loci and I went canoe caching. I, too, had an AWFUL lot of fun with another cacher.

Post in your local forum or with a local group - and just throw out a day that you're going to hit multiple caches. I would bet you'll get at least one other person. And there's nothing like caching with someone else who's got "the bug."

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

I never venture into the woods alone. What if I fall? I trip over stumps and rocks and roots a lot, and one of these times I might fall down and go boom. I started out caching with the Bryno. My significant other (the Mann) goes once in a while, I've introduced others to this as well. My friends, my aunts and uncle, my mom. As far as aunts uncles and mom goes I don't think they'll make a hobby of it, but they sure enjoyed it. Never alone though, unless it was a small local park, then I might go alone. Being the social flutter by that I am I need to have people with me when I go.

Cache you later,

Planet

I enjoy caching alone most of the time, but it's a nice change of pace when I have family members along or meet up with a fellow geo-cacher.

If I'm "speed caching" (trying to pick up a bunch of finds in a particular area) then I'm a lot faster on my own, although when my wife and I go together it can be very convenient for her to drive and me to navigate, especially in urban areas.

I like to cache with other people if I can. I take my son with me sometimes and Puzzlebug and I have our weekly Geocache Thursday when we both take a long lunch and find some caches. Not that numbers count icon_wink.gif but Puzzlebug is ahead of me so I have to go without him sometime so that I can catch up. I will probably try to take someone in the family with me but if not, I can have a lot of fun cacheing by myself.

Some times I cache alone, sometimes with others. If you have an active local scene then it's not hard to hook up with another goecacher. I know most of the regulars in the area. And now due to a newpaper article there are a bunch of new geocachers.

The key is to be friendly and open.

george

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

With the exception of Darby the Wonder Pup, I very typically cache alone. This is the one time that I take to be by myself and reflect.

I have enjoyed the few times that I have combined efforts with other cachers, but I really cherish my 'me' time caching alone.

HRM sends me on quests to cache in her name. I almost always go alone, though sometimes She makes a Royal Progress and will cache along with me.

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

Isha usually always go with me.

I like taking 2 or 3 other cachers as well.

The competitive spirit kicks in and a whole other element comes into play that I love!

My son and I many times race to see who can find it first. That usually leads to falling down laughing real fun!

He claims he is at a disadvantage becfause he uses the old XL12 garmin when I get to use the Vista.

I told him I'd give him the vista if he really wants to get into this.

Gives a guy a good excuse to buy a 76S doesnt it?

Cachin is just a bit sweeter when you've got a Isha!

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I join them with roofing nails... I tried glue, but they can usually tear themselves apart before it dries. I suppose you could join them with some heavy duty rope, but nails are much more fun.

I would try Duct Tape...that works for everything.

You can't be lost if you don't care where you are.

What works in our area is to find a cache or two that haven't been found (or have gone a long time since the last find). Post it to the local forums and see if anyone is interested in trying it with you.

I also prefer duct tape. But super glue works in a pinch.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

icon_geocachingwa.gif