Be gentle with newby

Ok. I am very close to submitting my first cache.

But before I expose my innermost being to Jeremy, I ask for your help.

1. I do not have beginning Lat/Long coordinates. My game is in several stages and the beginning steps avoid full lat/long.

2. If this is not unacceptable, it would be helpful if the members of the group could look at my game page and give me useful advice - advice that will help me win Jeremy's favor.

My games page

I anxiously await your help.

RobertLG

Just be as clear on your submission as possible. Who knows what will be acceptable. I honestly am not all that clever so I don't know where you are heading. But it seems many people enjoy solving puzzles.

Are you sure you want your first cache to be complicated? I mean the more complicated the less likely it is to be found. It's sort of like caches that require long hikes. They are enjoyable and I like placing them, but they only get a couple of hits a year.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

I don't see why there would be a problem with that but.....

Since you already give the Lat for the gazebo why not give the Lon as well and make those the coords for the submission. If you did that it keeps the puzzle aspect of your cache in tact but gives a real set of coords as a starting point.

It's close enough to me that I'll be watching for it. icon_smile.gif

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

I don't see why there would be a problem with that but.....

Since you already give the Lat for the gazebo why not give the Lon as well and make those the coords for the submission. If you did that it keeps the puzzle aspect of your cache in tact but gives a real set of coords as a starting point.

It's close enough to me that I'll be watching for it. icon_smile.gif

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

The only concerns that I could imagine would be whether the gazebo is private property and is there parking so you can do the stages.

If all these things are legal, then it looks like an awesome cache idea.

I support the Georgia Geocachers Association, or the GGA!

Very encouraging and helpful advice so far. Even the last one about my needing to remove the links to my earlier pages offering commercial items. I was initially having trouble reading the intent of the Guidelines on commercial caches. That was one reason why I posted my questions to the group.

I do not, however, see any problem with such links. The player does not have to click on them unless he or she wishes. This seems to me to quite fundamental in our free society. Before I posted my request I had done some lurking and reading of other's comments on this issue, and found quite a few who also do not see the need to refuse cache listings because of a commercial connection. (My intention here is NOT to restart a thread on this issue.)

For the time being, I will probably remove the links just to keep the peace. However, while I am developing a liking for Geocaching.com I cannot see myself ever becoming married to it. The way I feel right now (today, June 10, 2002), if another site develops that is friendly to the small entrepreneur, like myself, I will consider moving my caches there. Can/will my feelings change? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm still quite new at this, and learning.

Yes, the gazebo is on property accommodating to visitors. In fact, the gazebo is a traveler's kiosk. I tried to be very careful about each step, to insure safety, ease of play, and low impact on the surroundings.

I appreciate the suggestions about the coordinates of a community nearby as the starting coords. I can then easily mention in the beginning instructions that while they have no direct part of the puzzle, they place you in the area.

Thanks, too, for your gentleness.

RobertLG