Free Geo-Hiking Staff!!!

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

That's the deal...and believe it or not even you got votes UMC...go figure!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, and let me tell you what a pain in the butt it was creating all of those sock puppet accounts and posting here. icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

icon_smile.gifHONORABLE MENTION!!! I guess voting for a sept1c_tank would be comparable to eating limburger (sp?) cheese...not so bad when you get past the smell! icon_eek.gif

Seriously. Congrats to the winners. This thread has been fun and productive to geocaching. I'll miss it when (if) it dies.

"Tanks" El Diablo and Marky for all the excitement you have provided.

And I will vote for you, Huntnlady, again.

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

quote:

No negativity until now!! HOW THE HECK DID YOU WIN?!?!?!?!? Come on everyone, who voted for Marky and why? icon_razz.gif

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

I voted for Marky because his avatar looks like one of those medalions they make for a hiking staff and I think it would look really cool carved into wood.

If you get lost while geocaching, don't worry. Someone else will get lost while geocaching and find you. icon_wink.gif

I voted for Marky because I felt sorry for him...his avatar sucks! icon_wink.gif And I didn't think he had a chance in HeII, so it wouldn't really be a vote against me! icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

I voted for Marky because I felt sorry for him...his avatar sucks! icon_wink.gif And I didn't think he had a chance in HeII, so it wouldn't really be a vote against me! icon_rolleyes.gif

Good point, thanks for telling it like it is. icon_biggrin.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

El Diablo,

My dad sent me your response to his vote. LOL, no, I'm not a child.

But I do have a really cute 2-year-old girl who wants her daddy to win. icon_biggrin.gif (it's tempting to have her or my wife "vote" under Finn Family Moomintroll, our family account, but I'll refrain icon_wink.gif)

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

Congratulations to all the winners and KUDOS to El Diablo for putting this on. What a great gesture to the Geocaching community. I hope you get a ton of orders for your fine hiking sticks.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

Geocaching will get you through times of no money....Better than money will get you through times of no Geocaching!

quote:

===============_"If it feels good...do it"_================

**_(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")_**

Sometimes, you should listen to the other 9 voices... icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Strapped For Cache:

My avatar has his cache searching shades on and a very stylish wardrobe. A compass in hand ready for any backwoods, bushwhacking, mountain climbing adventure he can lay his spud on.

I think I've seen this tater's website! Doesn't he have a site of his travels? Grrr... now I gotta search for it!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

I'm getting bombarded with emails wanting details of the votes. Let me try to sum it up here and answer the majority of your questions.

Marky had 25 votes for 1st place.

Moun10bike had 21 votes for 2nd placce

Those tied in third place recieved 11 votes.

The ones in the Honorable mentions recieved between 4 and 7 votes. With the exception of septic1c_tank who recieved 10 votes and barely missed out on the tie.

About 70 percent of the avatars recieved votes...with the average being 1 to 2 votes each.

Who did I vote for? I voted for Moun10Bike, Renegade Knight and septic1c_tank...with a lot of thought going to WVDan.

Did I miss anything here?

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:

icon_confused.gif Not sure if I'm happy or glad or sad to know all that!

I know how you feel my friend...like having caught the biggest fish in the lake...just to have it come off the hook before you could get it in the boat.

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by mrkablooey:

To those who won, enjoy your new poles. icon_wink.gif

~robert

================================================

...And be sure to bring them to the staff meeting! icon_wink.gif

quote:
...Who did I vote for? I voted for Moun10Bike, Renegade Knight and septic1c_tank...with a lot of thought going to WVDan.

Did I miss anything here?

El Diablo

Cool. Thanks Diablo. Being considered 4th option by the creator of these awsome staves is better than honorable mention.

To those who did not even consider mine icon_razz.gif.

icon_biggrin.gif

If you get lost while geocaching, don't worry. Someone else will get lost while geocaching and find you. icon_wink.gif

Thank you for all the people who voted for me, I really appreciate that.

As much as I would like to own one of the staffs, I will graciously bow out of the contest in favor of either Dinoprophet or Renegade Knight. icon_smile.gif I am bowing out because hunting season starts Aug. 9, and I will be carrying a rifle for the remainder of the fall and would not be able to use the hiking staff.

So good luck fellows and use it in good health.

Huntnlady

Well that was mighty nice Huntlady. icon_smile.gif

I will take her spot, come on vote umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc umc

Ok so maybe that won't work but have I showed you the pics of my new ATV? http://www.umcmu.com/04grizz.htm icon_biggrin.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

On a serious note please don't take someone in her place as that will really mess with us! Leave it at two.

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Don't worry I'm not changing it. In less than 2 hours it will all be over with! I'll be able to go back into my little workshop in the evenings, pop a top on a cold one and do what I like doing best. Which BTW isn't answering 3 million e-mails and logging into the fourms every 15 mins! icon_wink.gif

El Diablo

icon_cool.gif w00t!

That's great news, because I just got skunked at two caches!

Thanks for the support, fellow cachers, especially my MiGO friends who rallied for me.

A politician?

<== Who would trust that smile?

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Contratulations Dinoprophet.

What's the rest of that beast look like anyway?

Maybe that will be the next contest: design a body for the beast.

Congratulations to you, too, RK and huntnlady. I love both of your avatars.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Congratulations Everybody!

What a fun and entertaining thread this was! We enjoyed all of it - but then, we don't have to do the work that El Diablo now has to! Gotta be worth at least a couple of six packs of Corona!

Thanks for all the enjoyment!

"Geocaching expands your horizons - not your butt!"

quote:

Now there's an idea...Hey, El Diablo! I'll buy the beer...let's do it again!

Or maybe we could just have a re-count! icon_razz.gif

I've already done a re-count. Originally I thought you were the winner, then I saw all those hanging and impregnated chads...

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by T10X:

This is the motivation I needed to make mine. Thanks for the kick in the rear.

==================================================

Actually, I've noticed a lot of users changinging, or modifying their avatars since this thread began. That kick in the a$$ has affected many of us (including me) in a way that must be productive to geocaching. After all, an avatar is just a logo, and a logo is an image. It's nice to see someone's thoughts posted in the forums and have a well thought out image to relate to.

Congrats Dinoprohet! I look forward to seeing how yours comes out. I'm sure it will be awesome.

I've restored all the avatars in the Avatar Gallery. Feel free to send me any suggestions on what I should do with this page. I'd like to leave it up and have a way to allow cachers to update their avatar if and when they change it. What other fields might you like on the alphabetized list page?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

I just got home from vacation and quickly scrolled through to see the winners. Congrats! Yay! I got an honorable mention! Also, two of my votes won! I voted for Markwell, Moun10bike and Dinoprophet.

OK, now I need to start logging all of my caches I got while on vacation, or at least try to get the travel bugs logged tonight!

pokeanim3.gif

O.K...the staffs are completed and were mailed this morning. A lot of you have asked if I would post a pic of the staffs after they were completed?

I feel like once I put their name on it, it becomes personal. Therefore I will leave it up to them to post the pics of their staffs. I have dealt with all 3 one on one and would like to say that they are all fine people. Then again I've never met a Geocacher that wasn't.

I will be doing another contest in the near future for the best signature line. This unlike the avatars will give everyone a chance.

El Diablo

Mine was waiting for me when I got home. It's a thing of beauty! I will post pictures as soon as I can. Unfortunately, my digital camera is already packed for our move this weekend. I hope to get a photo or two "in the field" sometime next week.

Thanks again for the votes, and unending thanks to El Diablo. He's a great guy who sincerely wants to make his patrons happy. Oh, wait, I mean....Man, is that El Diablo evil!

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Mine was waiting for me when I got home as well! icon_biggrin.gif I ripped off the packing material as fast as I could (which still seemed to talk too long icon_wink.gif). El Diablo had sent me a picture of it and I thought it looked awesome, but it didn't do it justice. In person, the thing looks amazing and feels great as well. Joani's brother, who had helped with the original smashed penny design, happened to be at our house when I got home, so he got to check it out as well. Thanks again El Diablo, you do excellent work!

--Marky