Free Geo-Hiking Staff!!!

quote:
Originally posted by TeamJiffy:

Here's ours.

Its a nice one but don't be surprised if nobody votes for yours because time for submission ended last night at midnight. icon_smile.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

Though I submitted only the basic version of my avatar, I'd like to take this opportunity to demonstrate some of its other incarnations as a show of how awesome an avatar it really is. Its simplicity belies its amazing talent:

49462_500.jpg49462_600.jpg49462_900.JPG49462_1300.jpg49462_2700.jpg49462_2300.jpg

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

QUOTE: "Though I submitted only the basic version of my avatar, I'd like to take this opportunity to demonstrate some of its other incarnations..."--Dinoprophet

================================================

icon_biggrin.gif I like the one that looks like Jeremy!

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

I appologize for anyone who didn't get into the gallery. I just didn't have time to go back through the thread. I did (as far as I know) get every avatar entered that I got an e-mail for, and kept up to date with the thread after about page 5. I'll add people who mention I forgot them. Again, my appologies.

Fuzzy, do you have a gif that doesn't have the text? I could add that to the gallery. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

Fuzzy, do you have a gif that doesn't have the text? I could add that to the gallery. icon_wink.gif

Never mind, I made one for you. icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

I submitted only the basic version of my avatar,

I also voted for it. It has a Picasso-esque simplicity and honesty. If I'd seen the new versions, I might have voted differently. I must admit the 'Jeremy pose' is funny. Be careful tho, Dino could suffer the same fate as Alfred E. Neumann. frog.gif

QUOTE: "...Be careful tho, Dino could suffer the same fate as Alfred E. Neumann."

And what was that?

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

Seriously though...if you want to vote for mine use it as your 4th vote.

Does this mean that those 2 who voted for you are allowed to submit one more vote without being disqualified? I'm referring to your rule #4 where you say voters are allowed to send you only one email during the voting period.

Psst... I also voted for Dinoprophet. I love his avatar and its variations.icon_biggrin.gif

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

quote:

Seriously though...if you want to vote for mine use it as your 4th vote.

Does this mean that those 2 who voted for you are allowed to submit one more vote without being disqualified? I'm referring to your rule #4 where you say voters are allowed to send you only one email during the voting period.

-

No...since I don't remember who cast the votes for me.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

Just as a reminder if you don't vote...you can't win There are currently a tight race between about 30 avatars and several of those haven't even voted yet. With less than 50 percent of the vote in, none of the top 5 have voted. icon_confused.gif

It would be a shame to be the majority winner of votes just to be disqualified!!

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

Well, since I've already voted, I guess I'm not in the top 5. icon_frown.gif

I woudn't sweat it...I've seen the leader board change several times already. Like I said there is a tight race between 30 avatars.

Look on the bright side...if the contest were to end right now...you could be the proud owner of a Geo Hiking Staff icon_wink.gif

El Diablo

Hm, I just noticed a potential snag when I got your reply. When I send email through the site, it gets my username attached to it, and not the name I display in the forums. You just got a vote from parkrrrr; it was from me.

Others might want to make the same clarification, since it might be rather hard to make the connection otherwise.

pirate.cgi.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

Hm, I just noticed a potential snag when I got your reply. When I send email through the site, it gets my username attached to it, and not the name I display in the forums. You just got a vote from parkrrrr; it was from me.

Others might want to make the same clarification, since it might be rather hard to make the connection otherwise.

http://parkrrrr.com/pirate.cgi.gif

Your right. When I got your vote I checked the list and saw it wasn't on there and disregarded your vote. They are recorded now however.

El Diablo

Nice idea, but what list is this based on? My avatar was on Diablo's original "suggested" list, but it's not on your page!

(sigh) See what happens when I leave you children alone a few days? LOL

quote:

_Okay, here's the http://www.yvanovich.com/~marky/geocaching/avatars.php page!_

If you hit refresh, you'll see that the order is random. Gotta love MySQL's ORDER BY rand().

--Marky

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

Nice idea, but what list is this based on? My avatar was on Diablo's original "suggested" list, but it's not on your page!

I asked people to e-mail me to get their avatars added, then, after about page 6, I was keeping up with the requests on the pages. Sorry I missed yours. It's in there now, for what it's worth. icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

Thanks... got sent out of town and missed the notice.

joefrog

quote:

I asked people to e-mail me to get their avatars added, then, after about page 6, I was keeping up with the requests on the pages. Sorry I missed yours. It's in there now, for what it's worth. icon_biggrin.gif

--Marky

Originally posted by joefrog:

The contest is based on avatars that are on this thread. There are 70= not in Markys gallery. Once again I encourage everyone to search the thread before voting!

El Diablo

Well I've voted, so I hope I'm in the top 30 icon_smile.gif

If not, I hope the people above me don't vote so they get dq'ed all the way to me icon_smile.gif

Good luck to everyone!

"Sometimes you are a very large fool Perrin Aybara. Quite often in fact." Annoura Sedai (Book Nine of The WoT)

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

QUOTE: "...Be careful tho, Dino could suffer the same fate as Alfred E. Neumann."

And what _was_ that?

A couple of examples would be the tricked-up images that we've all seen of "American Gothic" and "Mona Lisa". I won't worry either. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by CARDA186:

(though I could see how this could be a never-ending task, kinda like "clearing" all the caches in an area only to have 10 more appear).

I love THAT task!

After the contest is over, I think I will make this page into a self-service page where people can post/update their current avatars themselves. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

How do we vote? Is there a web site? Do we just send our votes to El Diablo? HOw many were we supposed to vote for??

I saw a couple/few that I think would work very well on a walking stick. I'd really like to vote for them.

Ode to a Pigeon: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, You Lookin' at Me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?! (b. katt, 7/14/03)

quote:
I updated the Avatar Gallery with every entry that I saw. There are now 145 entries in the gallery. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Six pack cat says THANKS! icon_wink.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

Yeah, same thing with us (Jay, Caine & Becca, account name 'wwp'). Don't throw away the votes!

icon_smile.gif

quote:

Yeah, same thing with us (Jay, Caine & Becca, account name 'wwp'). Don't throw away the votes!

icon_smile.gif

I don't have a record of getting a vote from either name.

El Diablo

Now I'm a little worried. Did you recieve my vote email?

If you get lost while geocaching, don't worry. Someone else will get lost while geocaching and find you. icon_wink.gif