Free Geo-Hiking Staff!!!

Ok, here is my entry.

Here is the full size version:

126215_2600.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61* 12.041 W149* 43.734

Okay - I'm trying again. Well, forgive me for two post - but hey, isn't she cute. Wouldn't she look great on a stick.

The story of this goes: We were in OKC doing caches and decided to take her picture at the Capital. Now when she sees that pictures she says, "Me at the Capital with PS". We think this picture is very patriotic.

"Nice find! I must go tell Harry, Ron and Hermione."

I think both calvin-and-hobbes-avatars should be placed on the same stick, and if chosen by the forum users, then each calvin-and-hobbes-avatar-owners get the stick...I would sure like to have one with that theme, and two different pictures of the pair in some caching adventure (or any adventure)!..or even three different pictures, with both of them in it. Almost like a storyline... icon_smile.gif

(A calvin or hobbes smilie would be cool to have.)

Kanto

| The Night Cachers |

Of all that have been posted, these are the ones that I feel are the most to turn out good on a hiking staff. I chose these keeeping in mind that they have to be carved and stand out on a staff. Here's my list...just to give you a guideline when you vote. I don't want you to choose one that is not possible or wouldn't stand out on a staff. These are in no certain order.

Bilder, Moun10bike, Sept1c_tank, Cap'n Cache, Curious George, Teacher Matt, Trippy1976, WV Dan, Junglehair, Markwell, Gecko Xtreme Team, StreetRat, Paulas, Cholo, Docmagoo, Dinoprophet, Joefrog, Team Misguided, Jeff35080, Rabbit and Turtle, Squirrel Nut, Cannonlaw, Bigslowrock, The Quantum Mechanic, Divine, Kanto, Carleenp, IV Warrior, Rattlehead, Botrytisfree and Erwinia, Lone Duck, Geo Fool, Perrin, Breaktrack, Renegade Knight, Huntnlady, Pdx Marathonman, 1911, and of course we can't leave out UMC!

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

This thread is going to set a record. The only one that might be longer is free moose nuggets with your hand painted avitar impressed in them before before glazing them to keep that earthy freshness.

I'll vote for Perrin. I like wolves in general and even more with that lonely howl haunting the nighttime air.

You should see the one I just created with wolves on it...one of my best but I can't disclose it because it is a b-day gift for someone.

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Perrin:

Sweet! I made the list baby! And got a vote to boot! Thanks Renegade Knight!

I'm putting in a vote for Renegade Knight. His dragon avatar kinda looks like my dragon tatoo.

"Sometimes you are a very large fool Perrin Aybara. Quite often in fact." Annoura Sedai (Book Nine of The WoT)

"Sometimes you are a very large fool Perrin Aybara. Quite often in fact." Annoura Sedai (Book Nine of The WoT)

Diablo - Here is mine. I would take the mitt holding the baseball and GPSR. Remember, baseball is the national pastime - although caching is coming on strong! Thanks for the contest!

Catcher24

"You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." Jim Bouton

I would *love* a walking stick. I think a be-'Trexed Oolong would make a lovely netsuke for the top of a walking stick. But that's just my opinion, of course...

Ode to a Pigeon: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, You Lookin' at Me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?! (b. katt, 7/14/03)

quote:
Originally posted by jeff35080:

1911, I also made the list and will also be willing to do the same... I think that is a great offer and one that bears my offering the same. I encourage everyone that is financially able to do so to do take 1911's lead and help support our hobby/sport. Cheers!

Jeff

http://www.StarsFellOnAlabama.com

http://www.NotAChance.com

If you hide it, they will come....

That is a great offer by both of you!

I'm curious Jeff...What is in the center of that badge..I can't see it.

I wore one for Escambia county S.O from 1981 to 1989.

El Diablo

quote:
I'm curious Jeff...What is in the center of that badge..I can't see it.

It says Sheriff's Department with a picture of Thomas Jefferson flanked by the Alabama State flag and the United States flag with Jefferson County in smaller letters underneath the picture of Thomas Jefferson. I'm a deputy with the Jefferson County S/O here in Bama.

Can you see it better if you click on my name and select my public profile then click on the badge in my public profile?

I have been with the S/O here for 13 years... and hope to have many more safe years icon_smile.gif All is Code 4 here! Cheers!

Jeff

http://www.StarsFellOnAlabama.com

http://www.NotAChance.com

If you hide it, they will come....

quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Cache:

I think that umc has the coolest avatar I've seen yet. I think he should take one of these Geo-Hiking Staffs home icon_smile.gif

Thanks

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

Mine should be easy! A staff would be cool and really needed for my old age caching moments.

Usually I find an old tree limb and just when I need it most.....<snap> They just don't make deadwood like they used to!

What?? It's not like we are Cache-a-maniax!

Last but not least aye El Diablo. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

That is not the official list to date is it? Its just a mention of what could be done to give others an idea of whats possible and what is not. Thats how I take it anyway.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

talking about donating funds, for those who don't win remember that El Diablo does make these staffs for anyone and sells them at a resonable price so if you are seriously interested outside of the 'free' deal, let him know.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Good point umc. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I won't win. I told my hubby a couple of months ago that I want to put one on my wish list.

I'll keep reminding him. I think I'll send the link to his work email.

I WILL HAVE ONE OF THOSE STICKS!!! icon_biggrin.gif

OG

Prophetically Challenged (or is that Pathetically?)

After looking at my new avatar, I really like it! It works for me. If anything, this made me change my avatar to something I like better! WTG El Diablo!

Take a good look at my AV. pic., because I'm pretty sure you'll be carving it into wood within a year or so!

Like I said before....I WILL HAVE ONE!!

Keep up the good work!

OG

Prophetically Challenged (or is that Pathetically?)

Cool... I made the list icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Cache:

I think that umc has the coolest avatar I've seen yet. I think he should take one of these Geo-Hiking Staffs home icon_smile.gif

Thanks

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Nice try umc icon_wink.gif Yours is nice too though. There's nothing like a bucket of BULK doot... icon_wink.gif