Free Geo-Hiking Staff!!!

As some of you know I create Geo-Hiking Staffs. I have seen some great Avatars in here and would love to carve them on a hiking staff. So here is the challenge.

I will create for free 3 Geo-Hiking Staffs for the best Avatars..these need to be unique and challenging! This will run for 2 weeks..after that your peers will vote the 3 best.

Post what you have...and good luck!

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by Kanto:

El Diablo,

What makes a certain design challenging, or is that for us to guess?

_Kanto_

Doot Buckets are challenging.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Yours is easy...interesting..but easy

OK so I'm easy.... Oops... not! icon_wink.gif

Let's start over... My avatar might be *easy* but consider that capturing the idea of Death is not easy and the idea is interstesing. Oh! and you have to carve the ankh in there or you don't capture Death!

Regardless, count me in!

pokeanim3.gif

[This message was edited by carleenp on July 20, 2003 at 06:44 PM.]

Two weeks. LoL, this thread will be on a different page or locked by then. I think you could shorten that time up a bit but just a suggestion.

Anyway. Just in case anyone hasn't noticed the URL in El Diablo's sig here is the URL to his work: http://www.geo-hikingstick.com/

There are two people here in MI that I know that have ordered the hiking sticks from him and they are awesome. He does very good work but its too good to actually use the darn thing.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Count us in as well with our geo-chihuahua!

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.---Matthew 13:44

Matt & Julia

To view our online geocaching diary/blog, click here

Dang, now I don't know whether to go ahead and have you make the one we were talking about, or wait and see if I can just win a free one!!!

Oh, and I'm still looking for a really good Armor Division pic for ya. I am going to find a good one.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

quote:
Originally posted by Perrin:

I think I needed to log out of the forums to make this work. This is the one I want.

It might be nice to change the background color, but I would want the silhouette to remain black.

"Sometimes you are a very large fool Perrin Aybara. Quite often in fact." Annoura Sedai (Book Nine of The WoT)

"Sometimes you are a very large fool Perrin Aybara. Quite often in fact." Annoura Sedai (Book Nine of The WoT)

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

There are two people here in MI that I know that have ordered the hiking sticks from him and they are awesome. He does very good work but its too good to actually use the darn thing.

I'll enter mine, but I doubt if I can compete with the brown-nosing of Mr. Doot Bucket. icon_rolleyes.gif

Free is a very good price. I haven't seen one of the staffs in person, but from what I have seen on the web site, they are really excellent. I'm sure Ryan would love to see his picture on a staff.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

Presenting Cap’n Cache! Leader of the Cache Brigade, and forerunner in the quest to spread caching throughout the globe!

capncache.jpg

We hand drew this with Photoshop. It took hours of labor! We had originally planned on using the infamous satellite hat in a photo. We even built a prototype.

sathat.jpg

We ended up just drawing Cap’n Cache. We lack pants with lightning bolts and neither of us has a peg leg or a dinosaur foot… The raging muscles on the other hand…

Cap’n Cache features a purple visor, which, of course, gives him unfathomable power above all other caching beings. The satellite hat is self-explanatory. He always has his trusty etrex at hand, ready to spring into action at a moment’s notice! Tragically, his left foot was lost in a blender, which is unrelated to geocaching… His red cape (90% cotton, 10% love) was found in a cache in the center-most point of Antarctica. And the dinosaur foot is simply a minor birth defect. It does not inhibit his caching abilities in any way (if anything, it amplifies them.)

P.S. I just added this as my avatar. It seems to take a while before it actually shows up…

I don't know how challenging mine would be. But it's an original creation!

I've seen the stick you did for VictoryMike, awesome work!

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

quote:
Originally posted by Bilder:

Can you carve doot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61* 12.041 W149* 43.734

I've seen that signature item of yours...I'm not sure if I could carve it or not...and I have no intentions of finding out either!! icon_razz.gif

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by Cholo:

I'll enter mine, but I doubt if I can compete with the brown-nosing of Mr. Doot Bucket. icon_rolleyes.gif

LoL, If El Diablo was the one deciding then I would have really poured it on but since hes not it was a free plug.icon_smile.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg