Stats Page

Is there a chance that the crew at GC.c will provide a stats page? Seems like a good way to get people to become members. Even though we all like to say that stats don't matter, we know they do. A game with no score isn't a game at all. It's still a great hobby but not a game. Although I appreciate Dan's site, and I know he is very busy, it has never given me the right stats from day 1. Most of it was my fault, i.e.changing names, using a name with a / in it, etc. Just wondered if it is ever going to be possible to have a stats page with the correct info. Don't bother providing me with all the hoops I need to jump through to make everything better. They don't work that well. I heard at 1 point that Infosponge I think was going to take it over. As I said, I appreciate what we have but....

I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

I had asked for a stats page before, although it was only for number of caches, caches per state, number of countries, and the sort.

I, in my own personal opinion, see no need for the kind of stats page you mention. A person's number of finds has little to do with anything and is reflective of nothing. I have been doing this since Aug of 01, and have only 57 finds. Others have been caching for six months and have hundreds. I geocache when I can, the numbers, mine or anybody else’s, mean little to me.

All that being said, I have nothing against what you're asking for, I just think that there are better things that should be prioritized before individual rankings.

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

I agree with the idea of stats being available and tracked by Country and State.

People like to see how they are doing against others as many like to be competetive. Of course, there are those that just do it from time to time and it is really not a big deal to them. Sort of like folks that don't like football but really enjoy baseball.

There is also a difference that would affect stats such as finding caches as opposed to putting them in. Some don't like placing caches and that could be registered differantly. There are others that don't like finding 'virtuals'. The question then is how many catagories should there, or would there be?

As I see it, stats would be good. If you don't want to be competetive then that would be your own choice. I have been doing caches for years, but only doing Geocaching for a couple months. This is alot of fun and I have seen people at 'gatherings' that enjoy the hunts and meeting people that have lots of finds. Heck, The Lil Otter just went over 1000 and it was interesting and fun to talk to her.

Just another 'personnel opinion'.