Sorry just venting!

n8aho

I had one of my caches destroyed over the week end. This one really made me angry. I think some of the local non geocahers ran across it by accident.

They urinated in the container and also in the ziplock bag holding the log book and stripped the cache of the goodies. My total loss $5.

I will never understand this type of moronic behavior! I never thought peeing in a jar as a fun thing to do.

The cache was getting a fair amount of hits for a new cache....sorry I had to take it down.

I guess I'll just have to make the next one hard to find. icon_wink.gif So these idiots can find something else to do to amuse themselves!

j.

Sommes-nous perdus encore?

I had the same thing happen with one of my caches. It was trashed, I replaced, trashed again, I replaced. Third time around I decided to call it quits. I've tried to be philosophical about it - hey, what other choice do I have?

Charlie

"One should never begin a journey by heading in the wrong direction."

It was probably some tree-hugger that needed to take a wiz, and didn't want to damage the environment. Lucky for him, your jar was right there. He emptied the treasure out so as not to pee on it. Then he emptied himself into your jar. He took the treasure, because leaving it there would be littering. He left you a thank-you note, but it must have been eaten by squirrls.

See, simple. I told you.

I haven't lost a cache, YET. Don't know how I will react, but try not to let it ruin your life.

Take care.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Seventeen minutes after her FIRST call for help, police officers arrived to find Ronyale White dead.

Prohibiting self defense is the ultimate crime. Police carry guns to protect themselves. What protects YOU ???

quote:
Originally posted by KD9KC:

It was probably some tree-hugger that needed to take a wiz, and didn't want to damage the environment.

??

I am impressed that you were able to figure out that an enviro-whacko was responsible for the destruction of the cache. These folks are known to wander around in the woods peeing on everything! Is there nothing we right-thinking people can do to stop them? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hang in there and keep caching,

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer

lighten the air and cause a little laughter.

Relax, smile, and lighten up....

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Seventeen minutes after her FIRST call for help, police officers arrived to find Ronyale White dead.

Prohibiting self defense is the ultimate crime. Police carry guns to protect themselves. What protects YOU ???