printer-friendly view

Guest pshlortz

Guest pshlortz

onal borders? You can have it open a new non-mazimized window if you like but it woudl be nice to save some ink and fit more on the page. I wish an average cache would fit on a single page, but I'll take what I can get :-)

Dynamic Adobe Acrobat files anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by pshlortz:

would it be posible for printer-friendly mode to be clean (white background) HTML with no navigational borders? You can have it open a new non-mazimized window if you like but it woudl be nice to save some ink and fit more on the page. I wish an average cache would fit on a single page, but I'll take what I can get :-)

Interesting but I do find most (?all) the cache pages in *my* area fit on one page if I don't print the logs.

Also, you should be able to print to a file - this would be a postscript file than convert to pdf using ghostscript. Or use Mac OSX, OR use a print to pdf software (avail for Mac or Win). no need to make Jeremy do more work than he needs to icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by pshlortz:

would it be posible for printer-friendly mode to be clean (white background) HTML with no navigational borders? You can have it open a new non-mazimized window if you like but it woudl be nice to save some ink and fit more on the page. I wish an average cache would fit on a single page, but I'll take what I can get :-)

Interesting but I do find most (?all) the cache pages in *my* area fit on one page if I don't print the logs.

Also, you should be able to print to a file - this would be a postscript file than convert to pdf using ghostscript. Or use Mac OSX, OR use a print to pdf software (avail for Mac or Win). no need to make Jeremy do more work than he needs to icon_wink.gif

Guest Martin67

I don't know much about the web or all that stuff you talk about. I just open note pad and while I read about a cache I highlight the parts I want and pop it into notepad. Its clean and simple. I just let them pile up one on top of the other and seperate with a row of say "//////////" and a couple of CR and printing is quick and save ink. Do about 50-100 around your area and stick it in your ride. You wont get maps, why would you need it with a newer GPS. The Geocache web site is just a little tool to the activity. I try to spend more time looking than playing but thats me. Yea and this will download into the cheapest of little pocket orginizers, I know.

Guest pshlortz

i can do all these things; but saving color ink is always nice... and i'm always printing cache pages at the VERY last minute so i dont like copying and pastign all sorts of stuff.

Guest Choberiba

Pshlortz: saving color ink is always nice

I mostly miss my Palm because now I'm forced to print cache information again.

When I do print, there is this well documented feature that offers a checkbox to print in black & white.

Choberiba