downloading caches in text format

bikerdj

Can anyone tell me how to download multiple caches from "seek a cache" in a text file. I can download them to "Easy GPS" but they are in a "loc" format. I need them in a "Lat, Long, name" format to incorporate them into Delorme Street Atlas" so I can print them on a map. Or, any other way to get a map of the caches in my area in a printable map. icon_razz.gifbikerdj111.mchsi.com

bikerdj you may want to try GeoBuddy. You can find a link to it from the geocaching home page. I just tried it recently for MS Streets and it works great. I'm not at home right now so I can't tell you if it will convert to Delorme format but I'm willing to bet it does.

wavey.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bikerdj:

I need them in a "Lat, Long, name" format to incorporate them into Delorme Street Atlas" so I can print them on a map. Or, any other way to get a map of the caches in my area in a printable map.

While you can do it with things like easy gps and geobuddy and intervening files in yet another inconvenient format, another option is to bounce the waypoints through your GPSR. Slurp the points into your GPS. Then in S&A (I have S&A9) import them from your receiver. It works fine and now you get little flags on the map for the waypoints.

[ Well, it works fine unless your magellan has comments in waypoints that are longer than 20 characters. Then it crashes S&A. I'm still arguing with their tech support over that but am getting nowhere. ]

quote:
Originally posted by robertlipe:

quote:
Originally posted by bikerdj:

I need them in a "Lat, Long, name" format to incorporate them into Delorme Street Atlas" so I can print them on a map. Or, any other way to get a map of the caches in my area in a printable map.

While you can do it with things like easy gps and geobuddy and intervening files in yet another inconvenient format, another option is to bounce the waypoints through your GPSR. Slurp the points into your GPS. Then in S&A (I have S&A9) import them from your receiver. It works fine and now you get little flags on the map for the waypoints.

[ Well, it works fine unless your magellan has comments in waypoints that are longer than 20 characters. Then it crashes S&A. I'm still arguing with their tech support over that but am getting nowhere. ]

OK, How do I "Slurp" the points into my GPS? I can download them from my GPS, but I put them in the GPS by hand. I was hoping there was a way to get them from "Seeking caches" in my area.