New flavors of GeoCola

What new flavor of cola are you most looking

forward to taking Geocaching ?

7047_200.gif

[This message was edited by Peanuthead on May 24, 2002 at 08:02 PM.]

[This message was edited by Peanuthead on May 24, 2002 at 09:36 PM.]

[This message was edited by Peanuthead on May 26, 2002 at 01:00 PM.]

none of the above. I take water. So far as soda goes, I like grape soda, strawberry soda, root beer, sprite, 7-up, cream soda, though I really don't drink soda that often.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

I thought it was called "pop". I drink water while on the caching trail. No real preference when it comes to pop. As long as it's not Fresca. BLECH! Do they still make that?

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night. Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Quest:

I thought it was called "pop". I drink water while on the caching trail. No real preference when it comes to pop. As long as it's not Fresca. BLECH! Do they still make that?

Hah!

Your post made me laugh. We visit Jamaica each year and it's called "pop" there, too ( or just "Fanta" -- the most popular brand name). While Americans drink Coke or Pepsi, Jamaicans drink "Ting". It's their brand name for Fresca!

Oh, and I drink water while caching...

quote:
Originally posted by CYBret:

Anyone here from an area where Vernors Gingerale is available?

Mmmmmmmm, Vernors. I can find it in stores around here if I look long enough. It's almost as exciting as coming across a cache when I finally can score a six pack.

Bret

YOu can still find 16oz. and 2 liters around Cleveland regularly.

Never hold a cat and a Dustbuster at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by Peanuthead:

What new flavor of cola are you most looking forward to taking Geocaching ?

I don't know about the flavor, but the brand would be Jones Soda. (The proposed label is of the Major Tom travel bug, with another character I found while caching. icon_smile.gif)

quote:

Yeppers! It's not real gingerale unless it's Vernors®! icon_biggrin.gif Shall I add a travel bug to a bottle, and send it out to find you? (Hmmm...I wonder what it would taste like after freezing, thawing, and hitting 110° a couple of times.) icon_wink.gif

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Peanuthead:

What new flavor of cola are you most looking forward to taking Geocaching ?

I don't know about the flavor, but the brand would be Jones Soda. (The proposed label is of the Major Tom travel bug, with another character I found while caching. icon_smile.gif)

quote:

Yeppers! It's not real gingerale unless it's Vernors®! icon_biggrin.gif Shall I add a travel bug to a bottle, and send it out to find you? (Hmmm...I wonder what it would taste like after freezing, thawing, and hitting 110° a couple of times.) icon_wink.gif

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

quote:
Yeppers! It's not real gingerale unless it's Vernors®! Shall I add a travel bug to a bottle, and send it out to find you? (Hmmm...I wonder what it would taste like after freezing, thawing, and hitting 110° a couple of times.)

It would taste like HEAVEN! icon_biggrin.gif

Didn't you ever drink it warm when you had the flu? And don't even get me started about Vernors floats!

The only problem is that you have to warn Vernors neophytes about the bubbles. I don't know how many times I've had to tell people, "Don't breath in while you're sipping it." Only to watch them choke and cough and sputter.

Makin' me thirsty.

quote:
Yeppers! It's not real gingerale unless it's Vernors®! Shall I add a travel bug to a bottle, and send it out to find you? (Hmmm...I wonder what it would taste like after freezing, thawing, and hitting 110° a couple of times.)

Didn't you ever drink it warm when you had the flu? And don't even get me started about Vernors floats!

The only problem is that you have to warn Vernors neophytes about the bubbles. I don't know how many times I've had to tell people, "Don't breath in while you're sipping it." Only to watch them choke and cough and sputter.

Makin' me thirsty.

Are there really other options?!

Have admit though, that's an after-cache treat and it has to be about 32.5 degrees. We drink water while geocaching. I did, once, take a cup of coffee on an early morning cache hunt but after I spilled it and burned my hand, it didn't seem like such a good idea after all. icon_eek.gif

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

Are there really other options?!

Have admit though, that's an after-cache treat and it has to be about 32.5 degrees. We drink water while geocaching. I did, once, take a cup of coffee on an early morning cache hunt but after I spilled it and burned my hand, it didn't seem like such a good idea after all. icon_eek.gif

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zuckerruebensirup:

quote:

The only problem is that you have to warn Vernors neophytes about the bubbles. I don't know how many times I've had to tell people, "Don't breathe in while you're sipping it." Only to watch them choke and cough and sputter.

Makin' me thirsty.

Get your taste buds ready...because a nice warm flu-fighting bottle of the stuff is on its way to a cache near you. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by Zuckerruebensirup on May 30, 2002 at 08:25 PM.]

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zuckerruebensirup:

quote:

The only problem is that you have to warn Vernors neophytes about the bubbles. I don't know how many times I've had to tell people, "Don't breathe in while you're sipping it." Only to watch them choke and cough and sputter.

Makin' me thirsty.

Get your taste buds ready...because a nice warm flu-fighting bottle of the stuff is on its way to a cache near you. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by Zuckerruebensirup on May 30, 2002 at 08:25 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

In California (and other wierd places) it is called "soda" or "coke" (yes, even Pepsi is called coke in Cali).

pop is also a Pennsylvania thing (when we go 1.5 hrs north to ski, it hits you speaking to the caf.workers who offer "soda-water" when you ask for which 'sodas' they have)

quote:
Get your taste buds ready...because a nice warm flu-fighting bottle of the stuff is http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=7950 to a cache near you. icon_biggrin.gif

Send it this way, I'll drink it and send the bottle back your way so you can get the deposit.

I'll see if I can find something nice to put in the bottle, too. icon_biggrin.gif

By the way, if you've never been to Michigan, one of the most entertaining things they've got is the bottle/can return machines in the grocery stores. I could have stood there for hours and watched the things! icon_wink.gif

Bret

quote:
Get your taste buds ready...because a nice warm flu-fighting bottle of the stuff is http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=7950 to a cache near you. icon_biggrin.gif

Send it this way, I'll drink it and send the bottle back your way so you can get the deposit.

I'll see if I can find something nice to put in the bottle, too. icon_biggrin.gif

By the way, if you've never been to Michigan, one of the most entertaining things they've got is the bottle/can return machines in the grocery stores. I could have stood there for hours and watched the things! icon_wink.gif

Bret

quote:

You amuse easily, I see! (Watching the bottle return machines isn't NEARLY as entertaining as watching the dandelions sprout overnight.) icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

You amuse easily, I see! (Watching the bottle return machines isn't NEARLY as entertaining as watching the dandelions sprout overnight.) icon_biggrin.gif

I tried Vanilla Coke, and I do kinda like it, although I haven't had more than a sip or two. One of the best ways to have Coke is to mix it with chocolate syrup - its excellent with a steakburger and fries at Steak n Shake. icon_smile.gif Coke with fresh lemon juice is also pretty good (not the Lemon Diet Coke though - that stuff is horrible...)

From my experiences, pop seems to be a northern term, and everywhere else its called soda. Except for the deeper parts of the south, where its all Coke (I didn't know it was the same way in California.)

When my girlfriend's family makes its annual summer vacation trek up north, they always bring back several cases of birch beer. I'd never had the stuff before, but they've gotten me hooked on it (until the supply runs out of course.) Its just not something that's carried in stores down here. icon_frown.gif

I tried Vanilla Coke, and I do kinda like it, although I haven't had more than a sip or two. One of the best ways to have Coke is to mix it with chocolate syrup - its excellent with a steakburger and fries at Steak n Shake. icon_smile.gif Coke with fresh lemon juice is also pretty good (not the Lemon Diet Coke though - that stuff is horrible...)

From my experiences, pop seems to be a northern term, and everywhere else its called soda. Except for the deeper parts of the south, where its all Coke (I didn't know it was the same way in California.)

When my girlfriend's family makes its annual summer vacation trek up north, they always bring back several cases of birch beer. I'd never had the stuff before, but they've gotten me hooked on it (until the supply runs out of course.) Its just not something that's carried in stores down here. icon_frown.gif

On my very very very first find, I traded a Cheer Wine for something in the box. I remember thinking after I was about three states away that may not have been the best trade - especially since it would freeze and thaw often. Nice ammo can, though, so an explosion would not have cause damage OUTSIDE of the box. icon_eek.gif It wasn't until after about 10 finders that the owner finally removed it. I even logged a couple notes begging someone to take it - to no avail. I thought it would have been grabbed in a day or two judging by the frequency of visits to that cache and by the fact that Cheer Wine is a soda from North Carolina that is somewhat coveted in other states.

I was wrong. Fortunately it did no damage, but no one wanted it, either. icon_frown.gif

(By the way - Cheer Wine is a non-alcoholic, cherry-Dr. Pepper tasting soda pop coke type beverage)

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

On my very very very first find, I traded a Cheer Wine for something in the box. I remember thinking after I was about three states away that may not have been the best trade - especially since it would freeze and thaw often. Nice ammo can, though, so an explosion would not have cause damage OUTSIDE of the box. icon_eek.gif It wasn't until after about 10 finders that the owner finally removed it. I even logged a couple notes begging someone to take it - to no avail. I thought it would have been grabbed in a day or two judging by the frequency of visits to that cache and by the fact that Cheer Wine is a soda from North Carolina that is somewhat coveted in other states.

I was wrong. Fortunately it did no damage, but no one wanted it, either. icon_frown.gif

(By the way - Cheer Wine is a non-alcoholic, cherry-Dr. Pepper tasting soda pop coke type beverage)

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

I thought it would have been grabbed in a day or two judging by the frequency of visits to that cache and by the fact that Cheer Wine is a soda from North Carolina that is somewhat coveted in other states.

I was wrong.

I placed Vern in a local cache, in hopes that he'd be quickly helped on his way to Illinois...but so far, a beautiful weekend just went by, without anybody stopping by to grab him.

I sure hope I have better luck than you did. Travel bugs tend to be more popular than regular trade items...or so I thought, at least.

quote:
I placed VERN in a local cache, in hopes that he'd be quickly helped on his way to Illinois...but so far, a beautiful weekend just went by, without anybody stopping by to grab him.

And here I sit with my ice cream gettin' all melty! icon_mad.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

quote:
I placed VERN in a local cache, in hopes that he'd be quickly helped on his way to Illinois...but so far, a beautiful weekend just went by, without anybody stopping by to grab him.

And here I sit with my ice cream gettin' all melty! icon_mad.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44