Subdued GeoCaching.com Patch Update

Folks, I just received a note from Bryan at Groundspeak and had a pleasant chat with him on the phone. After several back-and-forths with the supplier to get the correct colours for the subdued logo patch nailed down, it would appear that Bryan is now but one step away from seeing him (the supplier) 'get it right'. The latest attempt (see picture below) would have been perfect, if only the lime green detailing had instead been done in the same olive-drab used in the background. Bryan tells me that he'll have the supplier make the correction and - hopefully - we'll soon see the long awaited subdued patch available for sale.

icon_smile.gif

od_geo.jpg

That is nice for the green-country crowd.

Perhaps they will then do one in tan-brown for us desert folks. I would buy a few of them for sure.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

Folks, I just received a note from Bryan at Groundspeak and had a pleasant chat with him on the phone. After several back-and-forths with the supplier to get the correct colours for the subdued logo patch nailed down, it would appear that Bryan is now but one step away from seeing him (the supplier) 'get it right'. The latest attempt (see picture below) would have been perfect, if only the lime green detailing had instead been done in the same olive-drab used in the background. Bryan tells me that he'll have the supplier make the correction and - hopefully - we'll soon see the long awaited subdued patch available for sale.

icon_smile.gif

http://members.aol.com/cachecanucks/private/od_geo.jpg

Now that's one hoo-ah lookin patch!

P

carpe cerevisi

Remove the NOSPAM from my e-mail to contact me.

I like the green as it is. If you make it the same as the background (I figure you are going for the lighter one), it would be too "subdued." Also, if you make it the same as a background color, you lose not only contrast for the key feature, but violate the "three color" rule of basic design. Am I missing something? It seems "subdued" yet pleasing to me as is.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

"...I like the green as it is. If you make it the same as the background (I figure you are going for the lighter one), it would be too "subdued." Also, if you make it the same as a background color, you lose not only contrast for the key feature, but violate the "three color" rule of basic design. Am I missing something? It seems "subdued" yet pleasing to me as is..."

The forum discussion over the colours for the proposed subdued design took place months ago, and it's the resulting design from that (rather lengthy) discussion - after being reviewed and approved by the folks at Groundspeak - which Bryan is now working hard towards getting produced.

(If we open *that* can of worms again, the thing will never see the light of day... icon_wink.gif)

[This message was edited by Cache Canucks on June 14, 2003 at 08:12 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Desert Warrior:

"...That is nice for the green-country crowd. Perhaps they will then do one in tan-brown for us desert folks. I would buy a few of them for sure..."

quote:
Originally posted by Mzee & Associates:

"...I concur with 'Desert Warrior', Tan/Brown for us desert folks..."

Perhaps, if(when!) Groundspeak sees how well the OD patch finally turns out and sells, they'll give the idea of a subdued 'desert' version serious consideration as well (if I were living in your neck of the woods, I'd sure lobby for it!). I think that it really boils down to the demand for an item - that is, the quantity that Groundspeak can reasonably expect to sell - warranting their effort and expense to produce it. Aesthetically, I should think that a subdued 'desert' patch could be just as agreeable to TPTB as the OD version (if done using the same 'with due respect to logo integrity' approach). It's probably just a question of how many people would be interested enough to actually buy them.