You know you're hooked on Geocaching when...

I realized today that I must really be hooked on geocaching because I started planning our next vacation and chose an area because it had more caches nearby.

So, I guess my line would read:

You know you're hooked on Geocaching when...you base your vacation on geocache density.

Anyone else?

Jim

I certainly didn't base my vacation on cache density, more to keep the waters smooth on the homefront (family thing).

There were 5 caches in the city we flew into, which I had found within 20 hours of being there. It was another 40 miles in any direction for another cache, which I did do, but on a limited basis. Out of the 60 I had planned, I only found 12, but I loved every one of them so it panned out.

</tangent>

Brian

Team A.I.

quote:
Originally posted by krdunn:

When I look out hte airplane windows and think about the number of cache below me at that time.

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates,

when he said, "I drank what?"

Hahaha...when I snuck my Vista out I was watching myself fly over about 30 caches to within rather short distances +/- 25,000 feet. icon_biggrin.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

...when the first thought after I'll have free time in Athens (or enter any other city name here) isn't figuring out what to do, but where to cache first!

I'm so bad at this! I'm going to a friend's house, but he has school and work that he shouldn't get out of, so I have a few hours free every day.. And he was all like.. are you going to be okay with that? and I was thinking WOO HOOO GEOCACHING HERE I COME!!!!!!! I already have my list of caches all planned out.

Going on vacation, renting a car, and choosing a Suburban Assault Vehicle (SUV!!) just to attempt to get ONE particular travel bug from deep within a wilderness area of obscure, winding, rough mountain roads (me vs. the "Santa Clara Divide" cache when I went to LA last month!!!)

-Elana (a.k.a. "Sparrowhawk")

peepwall.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Czarniecki314:

when you realize that you haven't worn a skirt since the last day of school!

================================================

Can't remember the last time I wore a skirt! icon_rolleyes.gif

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

quote:
Originally posted by Czarniecki314:

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

....when you've stolen the AA batteries from every electronic device in the house.

I've done that!

"Hey baby, I'm sorry the smoke detector didn't work and the house burned down, but I got a first find today!"

In my shop there is a girl who orders all the parts. Sometimes I leave her candy. Last week I set up a cache for her. The note said, get on computer and look up this number, then go there. To make it worse, I made it a multi-cache and had her running all over the shop looking in our inventory for a candy bar. She had a great time! DubyaDee icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DubyaDee:

In my shop there is a girl who orders all the parts. Sometimes I leave her candy. Last week I set up a cache for her. The note said, get on computer and look up this number, then go there. To make it worse, I made it a multi-cache and had her running all over the shop looking in our inventory for a candy bar. She had a great time! DubyaDee icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like fun!

quote:
Originally posted by Wanderingson and Compass Rose:

When I can't stop looking for cool places in the office to stash my lunchbox.

...but because food is a definite no-no in caches, you never actually stash it. (At least never before lunch...)

quote:
Originally posted by southdeltan:

...when you quit mudding....

Hey, I did that!

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

When you can't walk through a store without checking out all the inexpensive little things that you could buy for trade goods.

When you drive your new family sedan on rutted, dirt, mountain, forest service roads at 3,000' elevation in January through 4 inches of snow to try for a cache on the approach to the Appalachian

Trail.

quote:
Originally posted by Cincinnati Bearcaches:

quote:
Originally posted by NeuroNomad & Sublonde:

When you are watching the ending of Shawshank Redmemtion and you think Morgan Freeman's character is GeoCaching.

LMAO. Watched that movie last week, and thought the same thing, especially when he was looking over his shoulder making sure no one was watching him.

Anybody know where that was filmed? That would be an excellent place for a cache!

--RuffRidr

quote:
Originally posted by Cincinnati Bearcaches:

I didnt see any reference to the movie in the logs. Is one the actual wall?

I haven't actually read all the logs (saving that for when I find a good wall), but if someone could find the wall used in the movie, and place a cache there, they could maybe log a find at the same time!

When court has taken a brief recess, and you tell your client you are heading to the courthouse library to do some "research" and then you immediately use the library computer to log on to Geocaching.com to see what's happening on the forums.

Sorry, gotta, go now... I think my case is being called. (I wonder... can I bill for this?)

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by seneca:

When court has taken a brief recess, and you tell your client you are heading to the courthouse library to do some "research" and then you immediately use the library computer to log on to Geocaching.com to see what's happening on the forums.

Sorry, gotta, go now... I think my case is being called. (I wonder... can I bill for this?)

_I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me._

http://www.cslaw.ca/geol4.JPG

Could it possibly be you're hooked on the forums? Next to caching...reading the forums is my other addiction! icon_smile.gif

...and go ahead and bill for the time...everybody else does!

quote:

when you realize that you haven't worn a skirt since the last day of school!

When you use it as an excuse to wear skirts -

http://www.utilikilts.com/

quote:

When you buy a new digital camera so you can take pictures of Caches, Cachers and benchmarks.

Guilty.

When you look for excuses to visit the in-laws so you can hit the caches in their hometown...

Ron/yumitori

---

Remember what the dormouse said...