Other hobbies

What else do you do for relaxation/pass time when you are not using your spare time to hunt/place caches?

I have a well set up wood shop and I build musical instruments. What about you?

(I have a feeling that this topic MUST have been started before but possibly there are enough newcomers, like me, who will not have seen it then)

Only nuts eat squirrels,

Snake

I think kids have to be my primary hobby before the geocaching. Also though I do photography and birdwatching. Two hobbies well compatible with geocaching. Course that means my pack tends to be heavy as aside from the GPS, etc I'll also be carrying a couple of bird books, binoculars, camera, a few lenses, and on and on. Still, the extra weight makes it better exercise. icon_smile.gif

My other hobby is quilting. I usually have three or more projects in various stages of completion. Currently, I have a quilted jacket that just needs the buttons stitched onto it and quilt blocks that need to be assembled for my next quilt. Along with that, I am a Cubmaster for my youngest's pack and I like to read mysteries and spy novels.

PeachyPA

Punxsutawney, PA

PeachyPA

Being a single dad with a 6 year old, I spend most of my spare time feeding him. Just kidding. Outside of work, I enjoy bird hunting, bike riding, online forums, spending time with the SO (marriage date is set and houses are being sold), pretty much anything except cleaning house and general chores.

See the happy moron

He doesn't give a da**

I wish I were a moron

My God, perhaps I am

Author Unknown

Bob likes to build things.... furniture and odds and ends, mostly from scraps from jobsites that are destined for the burnpile (you should see the gorgeous curio cabinet in the livingroom!). He is also a collector of coins, nascar stuff (mostly bottles, cans and special cars).

I like to sandblast and engrave art onto glass and mirror.

We both love our freshwater aquariums and are always messing around with those, and of course goofing off on our PC's which sit side by side in our room lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob - can ya beer me now?

Sandy - bite me

Hmmmm. Let's see.

Fantasy sports. Currently, four football leagues, one hockey and one basketball. I had three baseball leagues going up until last week.

Where's George? With almost 27,000 bills entered, I think you could say I'm addicted there.

Photography - I'm starting to use my digital camera more and more and my film camera less and less.

Model Railroading. I'm in the planning stages for an outdoor garden railroad in our backyard. I have an old tree stump that I'm going to run the tracks around and make it a lumbering themed train and layout, with possibly the Sierra Nevada Sequoia trains as possible back drop. Haven't decided the entire scenario yet for this one.

Playing catch with my son. He doesn't do this as much as he used to as he's gotten into reading quite a bit now and playing with his younger brother. I think he's finally figured out that his younger brother is OK.

Computer games. My favorite is RollerCoaster Tycoon. I can't wait to get a better computer so I can get RollerCoaster TycoonII.

I also keep an aquarium in the house, but it's not really a hobby like it used to be when I was in high school and had three and four aquariums set up all the time. This one is just pleasant to look at. My youngest likes it too and likes to help pick out the fish for it.

In my spare time, I read. Right now I'm reading a biography of JFK entitled An Unfinished Life by Robert Dallek.

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

sigavatar.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

Where's George? With almost 27,000 bills entered, I think you could say I'm addicted there.

Oops..... almost forgot one of Bob's hobbies lol.... although he doesn't have even 10% of what you have entered to date but give him time.... he will icon_razz.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob - can ya beer me now?

Sandy - bite me

My two young children seem to take up more and more of my time but I still get out once in a while and wet a line. I enjoy fishing, archery, misc. shooting sports and basically anything to do with hurling projectiles at poor defenseless animals...I also knit a mean tea cozy.

I make 12 and 16 strand bullwhips out of drum-stuffed Kangaroo hide I import from Australia (lottsa whips in movies these days, The Run-down, Underworld!). Then I like to 'crack 'em outdoors and do target cutting, wraps, etc..

I play acoustic and electric guitar and just finished building a hot-rodded Telecaster. (a pic of it is on my profile page at the moment. The body and compound radius neck were pre-assembled).

First Person Shooters!

First tier hobbies: birding, bicycling, boating (kayaks).

Second tier hobbies: geocaching, hiking, books, home projects.

Top priority: cultivating daughters' interests.

Yes, I'm busy. Seems unreasonable that everyone expects me to earn a living in between the important stuff. It's a beautiful fall day outside and my bike is whispering to me right now. Oh well, back to work.

It's around here somewhere...

quote:
(There is a spot on the profile page where users can list their hobbies.)

"If it feels good...do it"_================

**_

I know there is but that is great when you want to check out a particular user, this is just a fun thread, [wink] 'sides, it felt good![/wink]

Only nuts eat squirrels,

Snake

Beating the guy in front of me to the finish line...photos.html (see my avatar)

"All of us are standing in the mud, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

[This message was edited by Metaphor on October 06, 2003 at 04:22 PM.]

[This message was edited by Metaphor on October 06, 2003 at 04:24 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Bug and Snake:

I have a well set up wood shop and I build musical instruments. What about you?

I also have a woodshop for one hobby, scuba diving is the other. My woodshop produces mostly sawdust, since it's such a small space. icon_wink.gif I make picture frames, desktop clocks, occasional furniture items, and lots of arts & crafts type items for the local shows I do.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Mine are all on my profile. I have really only kept up with Sporting Clays since I started geocaching. I don't know even know who is in the lead of any racing series that I usually follow. Is Juan Montoya still doing well in F1?

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

I Autocross. We take a large vacant parking lot and set up a course using cones and see who can go tha fastest without knocking down and cones.

It is amazing what you can do with an ordinary family sedan.

The car that I race is a 92 Mustang lx.

I also do track events. Beat the crap out of my car at Watkins Glen and Summit Point.

Beside that I also like to camp and bike(road).

mustanglx

Aside from two of the 3 R's

*Readin' (currently approx halfway through Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, Rule of the Bone by Russell Banks, and The Best American Essays of 1997)

*Ritin' (Somewhere inside of me I have the great American novel and let me tell you, it took a lot of work and more than 2 cans of Crisco to get it there)

*'Rithmatic, not so much

I also derive enjoyment/aggravation from frisbee golf, long distance backpacking, cooking, Jeep-ing, the occasional boardgame, quarter/fifty/dollar poker, and B&W photography