The County has Spoken!!

quote:
Originally posted by Tahosa:

Meetings that went nowhere were held with the authorites. They still insisted that the coordinates for the Cache be removed from the web. Which I did, now all you have to do is walk the path and give the coordinates of the trail markers. An additional traditional cache has been placed in one of the parks, and the owner was informed about the trouble and decision of the agency. And the owner has left the cache there, so far nothing has been heard from the county, since the meeting.

One of the Caches in question was removed and replanted in a safe locale, the other was pulled and not replanted as of this date.

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.

Is your acquiescence going to improve relationships with other agencies like these? I think not. Did they do some arm twisting, or just why did you decide to remove the coordinates again for the virtual cache? I was beginning to think virtuals were our only option to combat these authoritarian (enter explanative here). Giving in to these guys certainly does not embolden other cachers who might be called upon to fight the good fight when pressured to remove their "virtual" caches. I would have told them to piss off until Jeremy decided to comply with their request and remove the coordinates himself.

Can someone tell me the difference between this:

http://www.co.larimer.co.us/parks/ParkAreas.htm

and this:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=10137

Don't they both tell you how to get to the same location?? ... and they are both posted on the web!

Just my 2 cents.

Team Gizmo

------------------------------

Team Gizmo

"Honk if your horn is broken!"

This is from the park's website on the following page:

http://www.co.larimer.co.us/parks/bbone.htm

"An interpretive brochure that corresponds with numbered stops along trail allows visitors to learn about the native flora, abundant fauna, outstanding geology, and remarkable history of the site."

Wouldn't this brochure be basically the same thing as the cache??

------------------------------

Team Gizmo

"Honk if your horn is broken!"

quote:
Originally posted by Team Gizmo:

This is from the park's website on the following page:

http://www.co.larimer.co.us/parks/bbone.htm

"An interpretive brochure that corresponds with numbered stops along trail allows visitors to learn about the native flora, abundant fauna, outstanding geology, and remarkable history of the site."

Wouldn't this brochure be basically the same thing as the cache??

"

That is what I exactly told them, there was no answer to the old phrase what is good for the goose is the gander. And they had no real hard facts about the trespassers as to wheather they were Cachers or others just out for a stroll.

I just removed the coordinates not the Cache and they haven't said squat since.

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.

I'm not one who appreciates many managers interfering with our hobby. However, I read Madam Ranger's letter and it doesn't seem wild eye to me actually rather thoughtful.

SHe expressed her concern with private lands, trespasing, lack of notification during a 6 month trial period. SHe then requested the virtual be removed I suppose realizing that she had no real power to enforce it.

The fact that a virtual does not need permission doesn't mean it's a good idea if in fact it's dangerous or creates other problems. After explaining the problems this virtual created, it seems reasonable to me for the hider to archive the virtual if in their opinion they agree with the ranger. Why take a hard position just to prove a useless point?

Alan