Thanks for the fun guys (and gals)!

Kealia

To all cachers on these boards (and especially a few friends that I've met and shared thoughts with):

Just a note to say thanks. I got laid off in June (just after starting caching) and just started a new job this past Wed. The boards here and my fellow cachers really helped keep me sane while searching for a new job.

Of course the caching kept my mind and body busy, but coming onto the boards here helped fill somewhat of a void from not having any social interaction at work with others.

It's been fun chatting, sharing ideas, jokes, etc. with you and I wanted to express my gratitude. Heck, I'll even throw a thanks to a few of you who are a real pain in the a$$ since you replaced those people at work as well icon_wink.gif!

My presence on these boards will diminish for a while until I settle into the new job and longer commute.

If you want to get a hold of me or think there's something on here that may interest me, please email me as I won't be checking in as often as I was before.

Here's hoping that I settle in quickly!

</Hallmark moment>

quote:
Originally posted by Kealia:

Heck, I'll even throw a thanks to a few of you who are a real pain in the a$$ since you replaced those people at work as well icon_wink.gif!

Hey! I resemble that remark! icon_wink.gif

Congrats on the new job. I hope it works out very well for you. icon_smile.gif

--

perl -MMIME::Base64 -e "print decode_base64('SU1BR0VTIFJFTU9WRUQgQlkgT1ZFUkJFQVJJTkcgQURNSU5T')"

I am interested (no joke) in if your gerocaching thought processess translated to your job hunting processess.

Stuff like evaluating your current life "TRACK" vs. your new life "BEARING" and how to make corrections so you found that JOB CACHE.

You seem like a "thinker" so I am interested in your thought processess.

Along those same lines, I am thinking about the similarities between scanning the "HELP WANTED" ads to find the target job opportunities vs. scanning teh million possible geocache opportunites and deciding what to search after and how to prepare to get there, etc.

I am finding that I am using these geocache metaphores successfully when teaching and am interested in your real world expereince.

C3

PS I'll accept in advance all advice "to get a life." =)

Thanks for the well-wishes.

To clarify, I figure I'll check things out once or twice a week so I won't completely be gone - just not as active as I have been lately.

That being said, how about livening up the replies here? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the sentiments but how's this? You have my expressed permission to treat this like a roast!

I really posted the note so you all wouldn't think I dropped off the planet if you didn't see me posting. I didn't really expect any replies; so if you want to reply feel free.

Bring on the roast! Snoogans? BrianSnat? Criminal?

Oh, and for getting paid to read/post here? Can't say yes.......you never know who else is a cacher icon_wink.gif!

quote:
Originally posted by Brian - Team A.I.:

Congrats you ugly mofo.... icon_smile.gif At least that's based on your avater.

Glad to hear you have a new job. Unlike so many here, I didn't take the time I had to go caching. Getting laid off was too much of a mindjob for me to deal with much else.

Mind telling us what you'll be doing so we can adequately flame you for it? icon_wink.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

I'm back in the eMarketing space specifically working with e-mails.

So you can bet that the ton of SPAM you receive daily is coming from me! icon_wink.gif

Kidding of course, it's all permission based. But my clients are very well-known big brand names.

Talk to y'all soon.