WHO ARE THE ADMIN/APPROVERS?!?

Jomarac5

quote:
The approver with the most votes wins a hiking staff.

I'll go with NJ Admin, just because I'd love to see his bust at the top of a hiking staff.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

The approver with the most votes wins a hiking staff.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

[url=http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

Wow, that's a tough decision. I think it's worthy of it's own thread, though. icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by Bloencustoms on March 32, 1999 at 25:60 PM]

quote:
It's a game that is being ruined in my neighbourhood by a local cacher/approver. Perhaps if you knew what was going on, you wouldn't be so smug.

Is he stealing and moving cache contents?

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

El Diablo, I appreciate your generous offer. Perhaps instead of a vote, you might consider a writing contest? The approver who describes the most creative use for a hiking staff wins one. I have some thoughts.

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

quote:
Keystone Approver wrote:

El Diablo, I appreciate your generous offer. Perhaps instead of a vote, you might consider a writing contest? The approver who describes the most creative use for a hiking staff wins one. I have some thoughts.

Now there's some good moderating. What do the forum guidelines have to say about this?

J5, you constantly ask a question and when you get an answer if its not the answer you want you ask over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

As a child I imagine that you were like this:

"I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! I want a Pony! "

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

It's a game that is being ruined in my neighbourhood by a local cacher/approver. Perhaps if you knew what was going on, you wouldn't be so smug.

Don't tell me your local approver is a cache pirate? Those guys really ruin things for a lot of cachers.

--------------------

bad_boy_a.gif Personal slave of The Frog. bad_boy_a.gif

quote:

quote:
Keystone Approver wrote:

Now there's some good moderating. What do the forum guidelines have to say about this?

That the thread has gone off topic and needs to be closed?

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

Here we go again! icon_frown.gif Have I ever mentioned that I love this hobby and all it gives to me and my family for FREE? Also, to stay on the topic of admins., I would like to take this opportunity to say a big hearty "thank you" to TNGeocacher. He/She does a fantastic job around here and is also very kind and also polite in all instances. And I don't even know him/her as anything but TNGeocacher. Imagine that! But I wouldn't want it any other way.

Thanks Groundspeak for all that you've allowed me and my family to enjoy over the past 6 months! icon_biggrin.gif

Happy cachin'!!!

quote:
I guess this is the reason that nothing ever gets resolved in these forums. No one directly answers a question and if there's anything that NEEDS to be dealt with it's minimalized.

You posed the question and got some answers. Because you don't like the answers doesn't mean your question wasn't addressed.

quote:

quote:
Jeremy wrote:

Who is Jomarac5 ?

Cute. It's your smart attitude that reflects a great many problems here.

LOL

I have to admit, I'm a fan of controversial threads, but Jomarac5, you are the champion of them. Its almost as if you NEED them.

Anyway, I think your implication that Jeremy's posts can reflect a "smart attitude" (perhaps even an attitude that some may call inapproppriate for his position) is interesting, however, I find it even more interesting that you dismissed his question, particularly in light of the topic of your thread.

If any post was deserving of a icon_rolleyes.gif, Jeremy's was. I only say that because I actually physically did that eye movement when I read his post. Then I laughed at myself. However, his question to you is much easier to answer than yours to him. Why do YOU choose to hide behind an alias, rather than choosing a screen name composed of your first and last name?

Personally, I'm confused by your initial question, and that's probably because I haven't read through the "couple" of threads you refer to in your first post.

It seems like you may have a list of geocaching.com user names that are admins/approvers, some of which you believe there is a problem with. Further, you seem to want to know what their "other" geocaching.com user name is. Particularly, you want to confirm that someone causing trouble in your area is a admin. Is that right?

Or do you want to know the names, addresses, personal emails, and phone numbers of all geocaching approvers?

I guess I'm confused on what information you are looking for, exactly, when you ask who the admin/approvers are, and how such information will alleviate your problems.

Can you expand upon exactly what information you're looking for and give more specific reasons why you require such information?There is a myriad of unanswered questions in your initial thread post, it might help to expound upon some of them.

Oh, and the forums crashed a while for me when this thread initially hit the airwaves. Too bad, because the second post in this thread would have been "I bet Jomarac5 repeats his questions 42 times before the thread is locked."

Pan

Fact is that there is nothing out there you can't do,

Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you...

Floyd of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, from "Can You Picture That?"

quote:

I guess this is the reason that nothing ever gets resolved in these forums. No one directly answers a question and if there's anything that NEEDS to be dealt with it's minimalized.

Pretty mature icon_rolleyes.gif

Way to go people. You've sunk to an all new low.

it is crystal clear that you are the only one who believes this in regards to THIS particular thread. very few, if anyone agrees with you about anything you have posted in this thread. It would be good for you to continue to believe that the world is wrong and you are right.

If we are voting, I vote for Mtn-Man. Long before we got our own approver, who btw is NOT a secret admin, He was the one that took the time to answer my questions, give suggestions and even come cross country to attend our event.

Thanks Mtn-Man

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

quote:

Pretty mature icon_rolleyes.gif

Way to go people. You've sunk to an all new low.

If your question is why do approvers have multiple accounts, the answer may not be in the forums. Geocachers in this forum don't know the reason any better than you do. Everything you see here is speculation (though many of the reasons provided follow logic). You have said that the forum is not helping you find the answer you seek. Perhaps the answer you wish for lies elsewhere.

[This message was edited by Bloencustoms on March 32, 1999 at 25:60 PM]

quote:
CYBret wrote:

I have to ask...why are we not hearing from other cachers in your area about this?

Maybe because they are not online at the moment?

It was being discussed by another cacher in this thread.

Doesn't seem to be much point in discussing it any further here though as there is a complete lack of respect for the topic. Even by moderators and Admins.

Guess we'll just let things fester some more...

Even if you think this thread, or Jomarac5's question, has no merit, I do not think it is appropriate to hijack his thread with irrelevant posts.

I think it is even MORE inappropriate for moderator's/admins/gc.com representatives to be doing such.

Pan

Sorry for the locking, that was an error in they system. I looked up site events and it did not show the thread as being locked.

Please continue the discussion. Pan i will be moving your thread to here.

cute.gif hydee cute.gif

I work for the frog

Please don't throw sand when playing in the sandbox!

I'm not certain... but isn't the irony in the picture the fact that Jomarac5 is the one who created it?

I may be wrong.

Pan

I think that the approvers have every right to use an anonymous name, just as we do. Remember, this is a public site. You do not have to be a member to surf here. Perhaps these VOLUNTEERS would rather not have their real full name and location posted for just anyone to see.

BTW, if you ever deal with AOL, all the volunteer moderators have fake AOLnames, something like HOSTJane and similar. They do not use their regular AOL screen name when performing their moderating duties.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geocaching-HamptonRoadsVA/join

"You have brains in your head; You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...."

Dr. Seuss