Is this the fastest approval ever?

Mark 42

It was pretty straightforward.

No one has found it yet... one person asked for an extra clue, which I gave her since it's been up for more than 12 hours, and I really identified with her story of frustration (Been there, and felt empathy).

But, I think she wasn't quite thinking like a geocacher (or maybe I was being too dveious?)

"I'm not Responsible... just ask my wife, She'll confirm it"

As I was editting it last night I became concerned

of the same thing. I kept trying to make the text look

neat (nothing fancy), and thought "What would happen if

they approve it between edits?"

But it all worked out okay.

BTW Criminal, it's still got no finds logged, if you're

looking for something to do today (enjoy the rain?)...

quote:
Originally posted by Mark 42:

No one has found it yet... one person asked for an extra clue, which I gave her since it's been up for more than 12 hours, and I really identified with her story of frustration (Been there, and felt empathy).

You give extra hints on a cache that's been up for only twelve hours, and no one even has posted to the page?

You're easy. Way too easy.

quote:
explosive diarrhea

I know that's a common term, but it sounds like the html description of an emoticon!

BTW (on topic) Mountain Climber approved one of my recent caches in about 15 minutes.

These guys don't fool around!

bad_boy_a.gif

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

quote:
As I was editting it last night I became concerned

of the same thing. I kept trying to make the text look

neat (nothing fancy), and thought "What would happen if

they approve it between edits?"

You can 'temporarily disable' your cache listing, that will remove the listing from the approval queue. When you are done with edits 'click to enable' and your cache will return to the approval queue for to be reviewed by a volunteer.

cute.gif hydee cute.gif

I work for the frog

Please don't throw sand when playing in the sandbox!

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

quote:
Originally posted by Mark 42:

You give extra hints on a cache that's been up for only twelve hours, and no one even has posted to the page?

You're easy. Way too easy.

She said her kids were very disappointed...

I guess I'm getting soft (minded) in my old age.

But the hint was really just something an experienced cacher would have thought of anyway.

And, if no one has the initiative to go out there ahead of her (on her second attempt, assuming it's not right behinde her house), then maybe she deserves to be FTF.

Plus... if she has kids... it may be nearly impossible to cache twice in the same day!

But I mainly just wanted to show people an exceptionally beautiful (not so little) chunk of wilderness in the midst of a populated area.

You submitted it in 1939 and it didn't getting approved until 1953? I'm sorry, but 14 years is way too long for any cache to be approved! I don't care if Geocaching, or for that matter, global positioning systems hadn't been invented yet. Groundspeak should've had the foresight to see this coming! Sure, there was a World War and other things to worry about, but geesh!

Oh wait, I missed those colons when I read your post. Never mind.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

I noticed it last night and was going to go for it today, but somebody offered to take to lunch at Anthony's at Pier 66 and I couldn't turn it down. I may be able to give it a shot tomorrow afternoon. I know the park, but have never been exploring in it. I see nobody found it yet so maybe I still have a chance for FTF although Kiltsurfer works in West Seattle and might try it at lunch.

This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Weight Man

I haven't actually timed it yet, but the way I normally hide a cache is to first go to the site, find my hidey hole, get the coordinates, go home, write and submit my cache page, then take the cache container and hide it while double checking the coordinates. Twice I've actually met people on the trail with their GPS in one hand and a print-out of the cache page I just submitted in the other. BTW, my hides so far are at most a 20-30 minute drive from my house.

"There comes a time in every rightfully constructed boy's life when he gets an urge to seek for buried treasure"--Mark Twain