For those of you who carry sidearms while in the backwoods

Bilder

quote:
Originally posted by GlfWrVt:

quote:
Originally posted by Cire Yamel:

"I often carry my GPSr with me although I never really need it (except to Geocache). It however, wasn't designed to KILL people."

That's almost a poetic conclusion, seneca.

But, ummmmm...well...yes, actually, it was.

It's called the US Military; that technology has been used to kill a lot of people.

cy

You beat me to it. It was most certainly designed to kill people and break things.

The "logical" arguments of “carriers” never cease to amaze me (that’s kind of why they scare me). Now my E-trex Vista is a lethal weapon?? That’s rich... real rich.

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by clearpath:

quote:
Originally posted by Spzzmoose:

BloenCustoms... Your dead on!!! Great post! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Nice choice of words, now drop the "on" and it really stands out.

Okay, what about the fact (read the paper, watch the news, listen to the radio, etc) that there are far more "accidental shootings" in this country than there are 'justified shootings" by civilians?

Accidental shootings aren't caused by responsible gun owners, they're caused by idiots with guns. Since you are so adept at finding statistics, tell me, what percentage of those accidental shootings were licensed gun owners? What percentage were police officers,(who ARE civilians) and what percentage were felons who aren't supposed to have guns in the first place?

Kids like to play with guns. Ever tell a kid to leave something alone? "That's not safe, it dangerous!" Guess what, you just made it that kid's personal goal to find out everything he can about guns. He'll find out from an instructor at a range with your blessing, or the kid down the block who took his dad's pistol.

Is it your belief that taking away the right to carry concealed will prevent accidental shootings? You can't be serious. If you want to make America a firearm free country, start with people who have a criminal record. Save the good guys for last. It's like you are afraid of others owning guns. Why? I'm not going to shoot you. You're a good citizen, right. One who doesn't go around commiting acts of violence towards others. You have nothing to fear from gun owners. And if you are afraid of being accidentally shot, stay home, because you have a much better chance of dying in a car wreck. I don't see any big push to ban cars.

eyes.GIF

"The fertilizer has hit the ventilator"

quote:
Originally posted by GlfWrVt:

And if you whacked someone just right, you could bruise them real bad with a GPSr.

Or better yet - we could pull a camouflaged sheet of plastic over an abandoned well, and then post the coordinates as a cache! Then GPSr’s would be killing Geocachers left and right! icon_smile.gif (Oh my God.... maybe I’ve given them an idea....).

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by BloenCustoms:

Accidental shootings aren't caused by responsible gun owners, they're caused by idiots with guns.

LOL!!! Which one are you? Is it not possible to have a responsible gun owner that is also an idiot? Anyways, more accidental shootings (innocent victims) happen in this country (USA) than do justified shootings (criminals getting shot) by civilians. Responsible or idiots, whatever, it doesn't matter, it appears that more innocent people die than do actual criminals at the hands of civilians.

Again, I am not anti-gun. I own many different firearms. What I do have a problem with are gun owners that have this "Billy The Kid" type of attitude. Gun owners (civilians) that 'always' carry a weapon (paranoids), people that glorify the use of deadly force (Hollywood) and gun owner's that feel the need to ridicule non-gun owners. These type of actions undermine the firearm freedom that many of us (myself included) have worked so hard to acquire.

quote:
Originally posted by clearpath:

quote:
Originally posted by BloenCustoms:

Accidental shootings aren't caused by responsible gun owners, they're caused by idiots with guns.

LOL!!! Which one are you? Is it not possible to have a responsible gun owner that is also an idiot? Anyways, more accidental shootings (innocent victims) happen in this country (USA) than do justified shootings (criminals getting shot) by civilians. Responsible or idiots, whatever, it doesn't matter, it appears that more innocent people die than do actual criminals at the hands of civilians.

Again, I am not anti-gun. I own many different firearms. What I do have a problem with are gun owners that have this "Billy The Kid" type of attitude. Gun owners (civilians) that 'always' carry a weapon (paranoids), people that glorify the use of deadly force (Hollywood) and gun owner's that feel the need to ridicule non-gun owners. These type of actions undermine the firearm freedom that many of us (myself included) have worked so hard to acquire.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I was implying that someone who accidentally shoots someone is an idiot, if I ever have that unpleasant distinction, feel free to call me an idiot.

I would not call someone responsible who is stupid enough to shoot someone by accident.

Now, as to "paranoids" carrying all the time. Please tell me when the best time to carry is. I'd rather not have to lug a gun around all the time for a day that may never come. They are heavy, and cumbersome. So, can you tell me when I may be attacked so that I can carry that day? Remember, I work in some pretty rough areas of the city. We get threatened all the time, one of my coworkers has already been shot. So, I guess concern over personal safety = paranoia.

Then again you're fearless. Does that = naievete? Are you worried that someone will accidentally shoot you? If not, then why use that point in this discussion. How will making carry illegal prevent accidental shootings? Go back and do some more research. How many of those shootings are hunting accidents that have nothing to do with concealed carry? You haven't presented the whole truth about theese shootings. I suspect you don't even know the whole truth. And spreading the attitude that gun legislation in any form is good is doing nothing to fight for freedom. Go take a gun from a criminal before you bother with law abiding citizens.

Answer me this, would you want to have a gun in your hand if you were being attaked and in danger of losing your life?

eyes.GIF

"The fertilizer has hit the ventilator"

Every single "gun hater" can easily be converted. All it would take would be to see your son/daughter with a thug hovering over them with a big knife - about to plunge it straight through them and into the bed where they lie sleeping. As the thug heaves his arms upward to gore as deeply as possible - ask yourself: DO I WISH I HAD A GUN WITH ME RIGHT NOW????

And please don't tell me that your "house is safe" and that you are "in control." You are never safe as long as there are menacing people out there. And the one "tool" that menacing people understand and avoid is a gun. Period. Whether it's in your home, or on the trail.

I can see some people don't have children, nor anyone else in their lives worth protecting if the moment came down to it.

Here's a thought to ponder. You don't have any thought about whacking annoying flies, do you? Nope. They annoy you, they get on your food... and you roll up a paper, curse them and whip your hand back for a quick snap down on them. Follow me, even I understand this. icon_wink.gif Now, there's a wasp! icon_eek.gif Oh my. Different ball, game, isn't it? Mr Bug-Swatter isn't so courageous now, are you! Nope. All of a sudden you have this revered respect for a similarily-sized bug... only difference is this one can launch a zesty stinger right into your skin. I guess you could say "one is armed," right?

Well, there are too many "people-swatters" running loose out there today. So I choose to be a wasp as opposed to a poop-fly. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Which is okay by me, anyway. I prefer sweet nectar to a steamy dog-pile any day of the week. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

If you hide it, they will come.

Grandmaster Cache

Tank at: FISH WHISPERER'S LAGOON