Request for images of friendly cache containers

DisQuoi

I am going to meet with the manager of a park in my local county this week. She has reviewed the geocaching web-site and wants me to come answer questions. This particular park is geared towards kids (a working farm) and I'd like to have a couple of good examples of well prepared cache containers to show her. I'd like to show her a picture of an ammo can that has been painted to look less military issue. If you have an image of something like this, please email it to me.

Thanks.

schriever_dan@bah.com

ClayJar's clay jars are VERY friendly. He sent me a link to one in geocaching chat a while back ... I'll email him and see if he can post it here for you

there's also the stash stone (do a forum search and it comes right up -- Markwell taught me that!)

and then there was one a while back where a guy used local leaves as stencils to spray paint the ammo can -- I think there were pix, but I can't find the thread, and I gotta go to work!

p.s. traveled to Boise for a competition at Centennial High, and coaxed caching buddy wavydave to help me with the driving with the promise of hunting some caches ... so he goes off or a few hours, and who does he meet but rodness! Do I get to meet him? No! I'm at the school .. I was so jealous that he got to meet a fellow cacher on MY trip! They visited for a while -- wavydave's planning to do a hemp plant hanger and I've finished a small windchime so far ... 'k, 'nuff catching up icon_smile.gif

ClayJar's clay jars are VERY friendly. He sent me a link to one in geocaching chat a while back ... I'll email him and see if he can post it here for you

there's also the stash stone (do a forum search and it comes right up -- Markwell taught me that!)

and then there was one a while back where a guy used local leaves as stencils to spray paint the ammo can -- I think there were pix, but I can't find the thread, and I gotta go to work!

p.s. traveled to Boise for a competition at Centennial High, and coaxed caching buddy wavydave to help me with the driving with the promise of hunting some caches ... so he goes off or a few hours, and who does he meet but rodness! Do I get to meet him? No! I'm at the school .. I was so jealous that he got to meet a fellow cacher on MY trip! They visited for a while -- wavydave's planning to do a hemp plant hanger and I've finished a small windchime so far ... 'k, 'nuff catching up icon_smile.gif

I found a site with a lot of examples of caches and their contents:

http://www.joethielen.com/geocache.html#others

quote:
Originally posted by DisQuoi:

I am going to meet with the manager of a park in my local county this week. She has reviewed the geocaching web-site and wants me to come answer questions. This particular park is geared towards kids (a working farm) and I'd like to have a couple of good examples of well prepared cache containers to show her. I'd like to show her a picture of an ammo can that has been painted to look less military issue. If you have an image of something like this, please email it to me.

Thanks.

schriever_dan@bah.com)

I think it was Buck8Point's ammo cans that you're talking about with the sprayed leaves, I can't remember which thread they were in though...

Here are a couple ammo cans that I painted and placed today!

16908_300.jpg

[This message was edited by shybabe924 on March 14, 2002 at 07:38 PM.]

There is someone in my area that has painted some of his ammo can caches with the leaf pattern. I know I've seen a good pic of them somewhere, maybe in the forums. His user name is Spiny Norman if that helps you search. Below is a link to a pic that someone took at one of his cache sites. Warning, if you're in D/FW, the pic appears to be a spoiler even though it wasn't identified as such.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=21515&L=201476

T-storm

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching