SURVIVOR (IDEA)

Guest bearboy

Guest bearboy

I think someone should Call Mark Barnett the Producer of Survivor and suggest a Geocaching Immunity or Reward Challenge.They could stash a cache of food or something out there and give the people so long to find the cache.Whoever gets to their cache first gets the goods.I think this would promote Geocaching and would be great fun.I think they could use the GPS for finding their camps and many other things.Im sure you folks can come up with some real good ideas.

Guest charlesml

I think survivor is a pretty stupid show, the name of the show has nothing to do with the show! I mean how can you call it "survive" when there's a bunch of EMT people standing by 24hrs a day?! Oh and how about the reenactments? I really kind of dislike this show along with all the other "reality" shows, the only reality there is all these people just want to get those $$, or get famous. Eco-Challenge is the show the watch, not those shows with all those people trying to get rich.

Guest Quinnow

You mean those people on that show really weren't stranded and left there all that time by accident? sheesh!...after all this time I thought when they were voted off that the others just ate them! icon_smile.gif If someone threw the very good chance of winning a million dollars as well as another million in ad's and showings at you, I bet you'd be skipping your heels to head out just like all of the rest of the people. And that show that you mentioned by the way is not really that much different than survivor, because you can bet that if someone got hurt they too have the option of calling help and getting out. It has happened before! So they have cameramen and survivor has cameramen, they can bring food with them and survivor can't. So I think that survivor is real and if they make money for going through all that then more power to them icon_smile.gifSo I say "Go Geocaching Survivor!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest Quinnow

You mean those people on that show really weren't stranded and left there all that time by accident? sheesh!...after all this time I thought when they were voted off that the others just ate them! icon_smile.gif If someone threw the very good chance of winning a million dollars as well as another million in ad's and showings at you, I bet you'd be skipping your heels to head out just like all of the rest of the people. And that show that you mentioned by the way is not really that much different than survivor, because you can bet that if someone got hurt they too have the option of calling help and getting out. It has happened before! So they have cameramen and survivor has cameramen, they can bring food with them and survivor can't. So I think that survivor is real and if they make money for going through all that then more power to them icon_smile.gifSo I say "Go Geocaching Survivor!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest wtmrn

never seen the show, but quite sure those people could'nt survive a day in the real world without a bunch of producers around to bail em out. But publicity is publicity, what the heck. wtmrn

Guest Dan Bollinger

Bearboy, I'd thought of that too! Great minds think alike, eh? I'll pass our idea on it on to the Survivor Challenge Producer.

Guest makaio

Save this idea for the real Survivor show - the one where they drop them off in the middle of NYC with no money, nowhere to sleep, and only the clothes on their backs. They can use some of cache_ninja's caches since nobody seems to be hunting them too much yet (plug for ya ninja icon_wink.gif). Some challenges could be riding one of the roughest subway lines at midnight while singing Dixie, standing outside Yankee stadium in ful Red Sox regalia, or serving a gourmet meal with rat as the main course.

Guest makaio

Save this idea for the real Survivor show - the one where they drop them off in the middle of NYC with no money, nowhere to sleep, and only the clothes on their backs. They can use some of cache_ninja's caches since nobody seems to be hunting them too much yet (plug for ya ninja icon_wink.gif). Some challenges could be riding one of the roughest subway lines at midnight while singing Dixie, standing outside Yankee stadium in ful Red Sox regalia, or serving a gourmet meal with rat as the main course.

Guest bearboy

I agree that most of those people are not very good at surviving on their own.I hate the title of the show! I do think it is a great idea for a game though.(Thats what it is)I watch it religiously.I would like to see them drop 16 people out of a plane with nothing more than a knife.Over some Island and come back in 42 days and whoever is left gets a million bucks.There would be no other rules,Except their could only be one winner.

Guest jeremy

It's pure Hollywood. The genre is now considered "reality-based" tv, not reality tv now. Sometimes (such as the "Real World," another oxymoron) they'll even put together clips from different days to make it look like there's conflict, when there really isn't.

That's a major factor why Big Brother failed. Reality can be somewhat boring in Hollywood terms.

Jeremy

Guest garyc

I think it would be a cool idea as stated in the original post. It would promote the sport. Oh yeah, the nearest hospital was hundreds of miles away in a helecopter so they did have to "survive" without getting hurt. Isn't that what we do in a way when we go on a long hike in the woods? Just a different point of view here...

Guest kbraband

Since others are voicing their opinions on the show.... I am proud to say I have never watched Survivor. I boycott it because of the artificial concept of the program, and because of the hype that surrounds it. There.... I feel better for having vented.