quote:
Originally posted by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders):

quote:
Originally posted by seneca:

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

... and even I’m not that much of an @sshole. icon_mad.gif

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

Now that would make an interesting avatar!

_I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me._

Careful what you suggest to Criminal. I can see it now, A moon with the Irish hand sign! icon_biggrin.gif

John

It's hard to remember that your primary objective is to drain the swamp, when you're up to your a$$ in alligators.

88cdb8a9-99d2-4620-a0b1-9dacf175f072.jpg

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

Ah, Sweet beer. How's about some misc. beer quotes I've collected?

CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE BEER DRINKER

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true, than be selfish and worry about my liver."

--by Jack Handy

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

--Frank Sinatra

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with fools.

--Ernest Hemingway

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her.

--W.C. Fields

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

--Henny Youngman

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?

--Stephen Wright

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!

-- Brian O'Rourke

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

--Benjamin Franklin

Then there's been my personal favorite ... "beer, breakfast of cahmpions, necter of the gods"

...the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Wow, my ears were burning awhile ago and I thought it was because I finally got my furnace to work and turned the heat way up in celebration.

With beer: I like pale ale the best. I have brewed a few porters and gave them to people who liked them (because I did not care for them). I guess Pale is as dark as I like. Regardless, people who like such things liked my chocolate porter quite a bit. Unfortunately, the coffee porter (at their suggestion or I never would have made it) was a thumbs down.

With John Denver: I grew up liking him. My brother (who is autistic and got hooked on him and in an autistic way would always ask for the music) loved him. Denver later recorded with a label in Nebraska and a friend of mine at the studio said he was often drunk and mean. Such sadness...

My new avatar: I'm going for more realistic. E.g. closer to how I dress and look, but keeping with the anime theme. For those who like the colors of the old one (which I will seasonally go back to), here is a full pic:

icon_razz.gif

pika waving

I think that CarleenP won the avatar contest, Guinness won the beer contest, and we are all winners for overpowering the negative sentiments that prompted this thread. But it's time to put this thread to bed so that the title "geostealing" will slip off the front page of the forums.

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"