A new sport - geostealing

geostealing

As a former geocacher, I am shocked to see the harm that geocaching does to the environment. From the cache itself ruining the environment to those idiots who dig up the ground and destroy gardens to find a cache, I got a new idea to help shut down geocaching.

Geostealing.

I suggest us who have geocached but realize the harm it is doing simply do this. Start finding caches again. But this time, remove them. Leave a note on the cache page that the cache has been geostolen so that others won't try to distrube the environment looking for it. Make it clear that if is replaced, it will be restolen. Enough people do this, we will shut it down once and for all. Other than virtual caches, this hobby or "fad" has no business to exist.

So in saying this, I am going to begin geostealing in my community. And we will continue to petition state and local parks to get your cache's kicked out, just like we did the the Park Service.

I'd just like to point out that when I reported this post three minutes ago, there were zero replies. By the time I clicked "continue," there were four.

And as for avatars, I like just about any that play on the Irish hand-signal theme. Hence, my own.

(edited to fix grammar)

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Yawn. icon_razz.gif

Now avitars are interesting, I like Carleenp's "Other" avitar.

I like her earlier avatar, but the new one is excellent too.

Snoogans also has a great one.

What about beer?

I just had a pint of Guinness from one of those draft cans -- it was almost like a real draft.

What kind of beer do you like?

I think that beer, especially Guinness, would make for an excellent avatar.

But I'd like to know what Geo-Stealer thinks of that.

Oopsie! The account's been banned. Too bad, we'll never know.

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

I've had some provocative avatars...I was tired of pandee...I'll work on something when I get some time...

--

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than

the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.

-George Bernard Shaw

I thought about closing this thread, but ain't it refreshing for *everyone* to disagree with the topic starter? Refreshing, sort of like sitting back and having a nice mug of Guinness. Don't you think so, Geo Stealer?

Oops, I forgot.

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

More to the point, I need to replace my avatar.

39219_2300.jpg I used this one as my Halloween avatar, so it's time to put the costume away and find something new.

39219_500.jpg Or maybe go back to the old familiar one.

39219_2100.jpg Or this one even.

But then again, maybe it's time to move on. Anyway, as long as we're discussing important stuff, what do you guys think?

Your pal,

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

CYBret's Geocaching Page

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

It should read "You_'re_ just in denial". Sheesh dude!

What are you talking about?

Everyone else is talking about Guinness.

I like Rum and Coke.

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Yeah, you like rum and coke, your avatar says, "powder powder powder", and you have plenty of the stuff available at work. I know what's gwine on....

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

quote:
Originally posted by seneca:

quote:

... and even I’m not that much of an @sshole. icon_mad.gif

Now that would make an interesting avatar!

_I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me._

Careful what you suggest to Criminal. I can see it now, A moon with the Irish hand sign! icon_biggrin.gif

John

It's hard to remember that your primary objective is to drain the swamp, when you're up to your a$$ in alligators.

I like my avatar the best.... seriously you all seem old enough to apreatiate John Denver, icon_wink.gif And without doubt... talking beer... I've been places... (Germany)... after being there... and visiting the house of 100 beers.... Diebels Alt ale.... Cannot be beat... Though Molson does come a close second.... Man do the Vancouver Canucks Rock or what?

--Alsid Prime--

GeoCaching for a goal.

Nah, we do the the talking, but the beer takes over the thinking... or lack there of... .. Jason King rules, .... About the original Topic though... This does seem like an odd place to say somthing like that... And i do not think the enviromental dammage caused by GeoCaching is in any way significant, more of the Inability to... Ie... Too much Bush wacking... Over all i believe That the vast majority of GeoCachers take alot of care about how much they tread on "Mother earth" One such example Is obviously CITO, i guess it's all opinion though right?

--Alsid Prime--

GeoCaching for a goal.

quote:
Originally posted by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders):

quote:
Originally posted by seneca:

quote:

... and even I’m not that much of an @sshole. icon_mad.gif

Now that would make an interesting avatar!

_I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me._

Careful what you suggest to Criminal. I can see it now, A moon with the Irish hand sign! icon_biggrin.gif

John

It's hard to remember that your primary objective is to drain the swamp, when you're up to your a$$ in alligators.

88cdb8a9-99d2-4620-a0b1-9dacf175f072.jpg

I got an idea too, lets start waypointing all the trash we find instead of removing it, cause there's a nice guy who started this thread who's volunteered to go pick it all up after we've gone icon_wink.gif We could have microtrashes, virtual trashes, multitrashes and for those windy days, even locationless trashes.

anyhoo, I like everybody's avatar, and I like mine too, but it needs improvement.