Garmin contacts?

Guest chukhung

Guest chukhung

Does anybody have any ideas on what's the best way to make suggestions to Garmin for enhancements to the eTrex software?

Is there a users group or some other forum that Garmin listens to when deciding which features they'll add to the eTrex?

I had an idea that I thought would be pretty trivial to implement and would make the eTrex more useful. I tried emailing my suggestion to Garmin, but that seems to have ended up in the bit bucket. I got an autoresponse but haven't heard anything else since then (it's been two months now).

Anybody know the email address of someone who works at Garmin software development?

Thanks,

C

Guest chukhung

I tried that initially. They told me to write it up and send it as an email to sales@garmin.com. (Why "sales"?)

Maybe Garmin is taking my idea seriously. I just haven't gotten any feedback. It would have been nice to know if a real human actually ever received my suggestion and considered it.

Thanks,

C

Guest Mike_Teague

Apparently they do take it seriously, the newer version of the firmware has a new satellite screen, from what I hear.. I (as well as many others) complained about the original child-like satellite status screen from the beginning...

Guest chukhung

I agree; the 2.10 software for the eTrex is definitely superior to what came with my unit out of the box (2.04, I think).

Unfortunately, Garmin hasn't released any eTrex updates since October 4 when 2.10 came out. They've managed to post two updates to the eMap software in that time (grrr). I'm crossing my fingers that when the next eTrex update is released it'll include my suggestion.

Thanks,

C

Guest topografix

quote:
Originally posted by chukhung:

Does anybody have any ideas on what's the best way to make suggestions to Garmin for enhancements to the eTrex software?

Is there a users group or some other forum that Garmin listens to when deciding which features they'll add to the eTrex?

try doing a search on the sci.geo.satellite-nav newsgroup. (thru deja.com, e.g.) They were bundling up everyone's suggestions into a big list, which was then sent to Garmin. Strength in numbers...

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Why would someone bump a 3 year old thread?

<<SNIP>>

Because it's there!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

The fool who knows he is a fool is for that reason very wise. The fool who thinks himself wise is the greatest fool of all.

Shakyamuni

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

<<SNIP>>

o

<<SNIP>>

c

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

The fool who knows he is a fool is for that reason very wise. The fool who thinks himself wise is the greatest fool of all.

Shakyamuni

I say give the newbie a pat on the back. He had a question, he used the search to find the thread, and he bumped it back into view.

Most of the time when people ask a question that has already been asked (even if it was over a year ago) they get markwelled and in some cases ridiculed for not knowing how to use search.

sd

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner