Cemetaries?

Guest ClayJar

Guest ClayJar

Okay, I was just wondering, what do people think about caches (usually either virtual or micro, usually as a leg of a multi) in cemetaries?

Today I went out to look for two multi-caches (because they were right near me). I found the first leg of one of them, and on the way to the second leg, I passed the start point of the other. It was in a cemetary, so I decided that I'd have to scratch it off my list.

Anyway, I made it to the second leg of the other cache, and what did I find? It was also in a cemetary. I decided to just see if I could find it, but after a cursory inspection of the area, some other people drove up with flowers and such about 200 feet away, so I decided to just scrap it.

I've basically decided that any cache involving a cemetary is not a geocache, at least for me. It just doesn't feel right, and frankly, it just seems downright uncreative. There are other places to get numbers for math-multi-caches, and for the microcache legs of multis, go find something neat to look at.

Anyway, I know that just because I find something distasteful and disrespectful (of the people who may come to remember, not of the dead people -- they don't give a hoot) doesn't mean that anybody else does. So, what do the rest of you think about cemetary caching?

Guest Choberiba

Our buddy Prime Suspect once wrote:

" Congratulations, you've found my grave!

Intentionally or not! What is this hidden container sitting here for? What the heck is this thing doing here with my remains in it? It is part of a worldwide game dedicated to ... "

My take on cemetaries is that as long as you're the one in it...

What if the grave site belonged to a cantankerous old coot who spent his entire life getting his jollies over the dispair of others?

HREF="http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000137.html" TARGET=_blank>THIS thread.

I have a cache (not virtual) in an old Civil War cemetery. The reviews on it have been exceptional. The groundskeeper knows of it, and thinks its neat that folks are visiting the old cemetery.

There was another submitted by another cacher in our area, that was rejected by the geocaching reviewers for being in a cemetery. The submitter has sought permission from those in charge at that cemetery, but it was eventually declined on liability concerns (not because it was in a cemetery, they thought that was fine).

I've searched for other caches in cemeteries; there are a few.

It seems that caches (virtual, micro, or standard) may be okay in old, non-active, or abandonded cemeteries, but are probably cross the line in active cemeteries. If those in charge permit it, well that's another story...

------------------

Team CacheCows of Wisconsin

Guest cedricmackay

I would think if it was in an old historic cemetarie and it was a virtual cache just to bring you to some historic people or something that would be okay.

Of corse every time we goto see my famliys plot I get lost so I might bring my gps to mark it so I can find it next time

[This message has been edited by cedricmackay (edited 10 November 2001).]

From looking at the maps of the 10,000th cache it looks like it is in the middle of a cemetary.

I have been kicking around the idea of doing a virtual cache at Boot Hill down in Tombstone Arizona. Perhaps something like what is said on the headstone at these coordinates. For those not familiar with Tombstone, it is the real cemetary where some of the dead from the gunfight at the OK Corral are buried and it is currently a tourist attraction. Many of the headstones have something witty or down right funny on them.

Of course they charge admission so I don't know if I want to do that or not.

For some reason I think that a regular cache in a cemetary is wrong.

Guest jsfocke

I have been to at least five cemetary caches. Here are a few of them. It's hard to remember them all if their name doesn't give it away.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=7381

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2552

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=4936

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=4150

I don't have a problem with cemeteries as long as I am not intruding on someone elses privacy. I am certainly not going to disturd anything while looking for clues.

[This message has been edited by jsfocke (edited 10 November 2001).]

Guest TresOkies

I think it boils down to whether the cemetery is in active use and having new plots created.

Old historic cemeteries are neat places to visit and the caretakers generally do not mind non-traditional visits. I recall a beautiful cemetery in Lexington, MA near the Battle Green that seemed so serene and sad at the same time. A lot of people were mingling about the place although I don't think anyone had been buried there for over one hundred years. I don't think the caretakers would object to a virtual cache in a place like that because the pain of loss is no longer present for visitors.

At an active cemetery, it's another matter altogether. It's not just during the funeral or interment that people are grieving. Think about the people you've lost--would you want some stranger trodding over their resting place to find a piece of Tupperware or a film canister?

Picture this: Here we are trying desperately to get approval from the NFS, NPS, BLM, etc. and someone puts a cache in an active cemetery. A visitor notices the strange container and calls the police... who send in the bomb squad... who ... give us a really big black eye and all the bad publicity we will ever need. I suppose there is humor to be derived from that. Remember the whale video from a few years back?

Anyway, maybe I'm too sensitive because I've attended entirely too many funerals these last few years, but I can't imagine anyone outside our group looking at this favorably.

-E

------------------

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

tupperware bombs in graveyards... is that a big problem these days??? ok, so this is what i say. people leave things in cemetaries all the time. and, if this is a person(in the grave) that you knew and loved, then why not. if it were a loved one of mine, i may consider it as a way to honor that person. we all have someone who we love enough that we think everyone should meet them (or not, maybe we want them all to ourselves icon_wink.gif ) so why not a cemetary cache along the same lines, on the lid of the cache have a pic and a short bio, and as trading items maybe a few things that represent that person. then everyso often if its a grave you visit regularly anyway, you could "refresh" the cache. just my thoughts, thats what i think.

tupperware bombs in graveyards... is that a big problem these days??? ok, so this is what i say. people leave things in cemetaries all the time. and, if this is a person(in the grave) that you knew and loved, then why not. if it were a loved one of mine, i may consider it as a way to honor that person. we all have someone who we love enough that we think everyone should meet them (or not, maybe we want them all to ourselves icon_wink.gif ) so why not a cemetary cache along the same lines, on the lid of the cache have a pic and a short bio, and as trading items maybe a few things that represent that person. then everyso often if its a grave you visit regularly anyway, you could "refresh" the cache. just my thoughts, thats what i think.

I think I remember seeing the name ClayJar around some local cache site postings, so one the cemetary cache sites that the originator of this discussion was talking about is probably mine.

I set up the cache with waypoints to four headstones. Combine the right numbers from the headstones and you get the co-ords for the actual cache. The cache itself is not IN the cemetary, but is certainly within a stone's throw of the headstones.

As to why I chose a cemetary...

My Nan used to love checking out the headstones in old graveyards. The area we live in has quite a few dating back one or two hundred years, and you can often find possible relatives, or famous names in amongst the weeds. As a solid reminder of real history, they are hard to beat.

Not a lot of people would choose a graveyard as a spot to visit for anything other than paying their respects to a dear departed. One of the things I like about GeoCaching is that it gets you to go to places you wouldn't normally venture to. And call me strange, but I think a glance at some hundred year old headstones CAN be interesting.

The waypoint headstones that I chose were for people that died in the 1920's or up to a hundred years earlier, so as to avoid any recent sad memories for people.

quote:
Originally posted by SteelRat:

I think I remember seeing the name ClayJar around some local cache site postings, so one the cemetary cache sites that the originator of this discussion was talking about is probably mine.

Um, nope. I haven't been down there yet. (It's a bit far to drive, even for me.)

As we shead this mortal coil,and go to our eternal rest, we could leave something behind for our fellow geocachers, the lat/lon of our plot and one of the brass containers that we use for flowers as a microcache. Afterall, the owner would always be there, and would be free to haunt the place, thus cutting down on the plundered cache rate. This idea has some appeal...

My son and I did a lengthy multi in a local cemetery. We had to walk through most of the cemetery. My son was 9 and didn't understand cemetery decorum - I was very uncomfortable. He thought it was just another fun geocache. I'm going to skip them in the future.

P.S. An old cemetery with no possiblity of close relatives visitin would be O.K. It intruding on peoples privacy and quiet moments that made me uncomfortable not the graveyard thing.

[This message was edited by Team GeoDat on July 10, 2002 at 06:17 AM.]

I think I know what two caches Clayjar was talking about way back when....and I think I know the Backroads Jenkinson that hid them too icon_wink.gif

So is this discussino still active then??? What's the statute of limitations on these threads? I like the cemetary hides when there's something neat about the cemetary. I think those graveyards in question weren't just picked at random; they fit the "themes" of those multi-caches that they were parts of. (Is that a dangling something at the end of that sentance?)

I've been to a few graveyard cache sites, and most have been respectfully placed. And they were in interesting areas.

-pizzachef

I think I know what two caches Clayjar was talking about way back when....and I think I know the Backroads Jenkinson that hid them too icon_wink.gif

So is this discussino still active then??? What's the statute of limitations on these threads? I like the cemetary hides when there's something neat about the cemetary. I think those graveyards in question weren't just picked at random; they fit the "themes" of those multi-caches that they were parts of. (Is that a dangling something at the end of that sentance?)

I've been to a few graveyard cache sites, and most have been respectfully placed. And they were in interesting areas.

-pizzachef

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=27898

This one is in the Philippines. It is a virtual (which I don't usually go for). However, if I had the chance, I would probably go to this one due to its historical and educational significance.

To quote from the cache description "one of the cemeteries around the world that claims to have the most US servicemen buried". Do they mean even more than any one cemetery here on American soil?

Was at a cache this week where I had to go through a cemetary. It feels kind of odd walking around the cemetery looking at my gps when all these people are there looking at the headstones, and at me kind of funny. I feel they are ok, as long as they aren't real near any active cemetery areas where new graves are being dug. It's probably a good idea to check with the groundskeeper before hiding it, and making sure to respect the area.

I made a clarification on the cache page regarding it being the largest outside the US. It's also not a virtual but a traditional cache since there is a log for visitors to sign. Just don't leave any trade items. icon_wink.gif There is a requirement to e-mail what is engraved on the stone in front of the building for verification, which is where the confusion may have come from.

I made a clarification on the cache page regarding it being the largest outside the US. It's also not a virtual but a traditional cache since there is a log for visitors to sign. Just don't leave any trade items. icon_wink.gif There is a requirement to e-mail what is engraved on the stone in front of the building for verification, which is where the confusion may have come from.

I've got a virtual multicache that starts in a cemetery (Up the Close and Down the Stair). But the burying ground is (a) no longer in current use, and (:cool: appropriate for a historical cache about body snatchers.

I'd be uncomfortable about a non-virtual cache in a currently active area of a cemetery. If the whole cemetery was inactive, or the cache was far enough away from an active area, then I can see the appeal. I'd still prefer a virtual one.

The way I see it, as with any land that we share the use of, the intended users should have first priority. And the Golden Rule applies - how would you feel if the cachers turned up in the middle of Granny's funeral?

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

Cemeteries are great!

I personally feel cemeteries are great places for a cache. (this coming from someone who has traced their family back to the 1500’s)

Cemeteries have a lot of history and can tell many stories. Cemeteries are one of the greatest places to share with family and friends! It would be an amazing thing to show your children where their great great great grandparents are buried. I would be proud to hide a cache where a relative is buried! I don’t think they would mind either. icon_rolleyes.gif

As for grieving people in the cemeteries….leave them be and come back later. I am a photographer by hobby and I have spent more time taking pictures of my dead relatives then I do of my living relatives at Christmas time. You find ways to stay clear of other people. They usually aren’t paying attention to what you’re doing anyway…

Basically cemeteries are not only there for morning, they are there for remembering our loved ones. Some of the most beautiful places in the world are cemeteries. Let’s share these places! Oh, the more movies you watch the creepier they get !

icon_eek.gif

cempic.jpg

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

[This message was edited by Bonnie & Clyde on July 10, 2002 at 07:21 PM.]

Cemeteries are great!

I personally feel cemeteries are great places for a cache. (this coming from someone who has traced their family back to the 1500’s)

Cemeteries have a lot of history and can tell many stories. Cemeteries are one of the greatest places to share with family and friends! It would be an amazing thing to show your children where their great great great grandparents are buried. I would be proud to hide a cache where a relative is buried! I don’t think they would mind either. icon_rolleyes.gif

As for grieving people in the cemeteries….leave them be and come back later. I am a photographer by hobby and I have spent more time taking pictures of my dead relatives then I do of my living relatives at Christmas time. You find ways to stay clear of other people. They usually aren’t paying attention to what you’re doing anyway…

Basically cemeteries are not only there for morning, they are there for remembering our loved ones. Some of the most beautiful places in the world are cemeteries. Let’s share these places! Oh, the more movies you watch the creepier they get !

icon_eek.gif

cempic.jpg

[This message was edited by Bonnie & Clyde on July 10, 2002 at 07:21 PM.]

Okay, am I wierd? Sometimes while riding around town I'll take a spin through the cemetary. If there is a funeral going on I'll avoid that part of the cemetary, but other than that I consider them fair game. I reguarily see people out jogging/walking/etc. through them.

I think as long as you get permission, it's okay. Bit I think you should get permission for everything but a virtual.

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

(shameless plug) Here is one that was started by some famous magicians. They have been sending people here to see the outcome of their card trick for a while now. I just turned the trick into a virtual cache.

Here in Hollyweird, people go to cemetaries all the time. I guess it is a big tourist attraction to see where Marilyn or James Dean's final resting place is. I loved seeing Mel Blanc's tombstone that said, "That's all folks". (voice of Bugs Bunny et al)

Although, it does take a little decorum to look for the tombstone of your favorite celebrity while a family is right next to you visiting dear ol' granpa. But, they don't know why you are there. You have as much right as anyone to walk around respectfully and look. I see people on the weekends having picnics next to the graves of their loved ones. Now, to me, that is weird.

stealyourcache.jpg

I'm not as young as I used to be...

It takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

Well, no offense meant to anyone, but I personally don’t find cemetery related caches to be any more improper, distasteful or disrespectful than caches located in other places - as long as they are treated respectfully by BOTH hider and seeker.

I feel that wherever you go caching, you owe it to that place to treat its hallowed ground with the respect it deserves. Personally, I'm more disturbed by people who throw beer cans into the bushes of empty lots than by those who walk quietly and respectfully through cemeteries (no matter what their reasons are for being there).

I can understand that some, even most, people feel that cemeteries deserve more respect than other places. I can also understand that some, even most, people feel that priests deserve more respect than other persons. However, I hope that I may learn to treat all persons, and all places, with an equal - and that means a high - degree of respect.

If you believe that geocaching is basically an activity that is respectful of the earth and all its inhabitants, and if you visit every cache with that attitude, then it matters little to me where you do your caching.

- Genius Loci ('the guardian spirit of a place')

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

Okay, I was just wondering, what do people think about caches (usually either virtual or micro, usually as a leg of a multi) in cemetaries?

Today I went out to look for two multi-caches (because they were right near me). I found the first leg of one of them, and on the way to the second leg, I passed the start point of the other. It was in a cemetary, so I decided that I'd have to scratch it off my list.

Anyway, I made it to the second leg of the other cache, and what did I find? It was also in a cemetary. I decided to just see if I could find it, but after a cursory inspection of the area, some other people drove up with flowers and such about 200 feet away, so I decided to just scrap it.

I've basically decided that any cache involving a cemetary is not a geocache, at least for me. It just doesn't feel right, and frankly, it just seems downright uncreative. There are other places to get numbers for math-multi-caches, and for the microcache legs of multis, go find something neat to look at.

Anyway, I know that just because I find something distasteful and disrespectful (of the people who may come to remember, not of the dead people -- they don't give a hoot) doesn't mean that anybody else does. So, what do the rest of you think about cemetary caching?

ClayJar,

I asked a similar question some time back and I was amazed by the range of the resopnse I got. Several expressed an awed reverence for the sacred ground of a cemetery. They thought it would be shocking and indecent to hide a cache in one. Many others said, "what the ****, go for it!" So I went and sat near the place I had been considering -- just to imagine cachers visiting. What I saw was amazing! There is all kind of activity in that cemetery! Skaters, photogs, nature-lovers, walkers, bicylers, and siteseers. Of course, there were mourners and rememberers, too. This is a cemetery that gives tours, and has many public activities during the year.

So I sat and watched and decided that there was no way to hide a cache in such a busy place! So I made a virtual out of James Whitcomlm Riley's grave. It's a very cool place: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13554.

Since then I have visited many caches at, or near graves and I'm convinced that if done in a sensitive way, it's perfectly OK. I have had quite a few visit my cache, and they all express appreciation. I say, "go for it".

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer

if there is a funeral no one is at, you should go. i heard a story that according to one of those shows that researches urban legends is actually true about a lady who visited a funeral w/ no ones will. turns out the deceased was a millionaire that no one liked, his will, everything he owned would be divided evenly between the people at the funeral; the only one there gets the prize... but seriously the key isnt where you step but your attitude while you are there. be quiet and respectful at anytime, whether family members are there or not, these places are something placed there to honor a loved one, and though a cache in and of itself is not disrespectful, we need to be sure our behavior there is not disrespectful either.

"...this coming from someone who has traced their family back to the 1500’s..."

I use my GPS to record the locations of the gravesites for my genealogy. A hundred years from now, that headstone may well be unreadable. The coordinates will always remain. I doubt I offended anyone while doing so. Maybe we're just being a little overly self-conscious. As long as I'm not disturbing anyone and I'm respectful, I see no harm. Recently, I found some newer graves where a family of four (with two young boys) were buried at the same time (auto accident?) It so touched me, that I had to stop and say a prayer for them. There can't be anything wrong with that. There's so much history to learn in a cemetery! I often walk away with a greater appreciation of life. I think that's a message the dead would like to leave with us.

We have had a couple great caches at cemetery's...one was just before Halloween, the cache was located on the edge of the cemetery, you had to cross it to find it.....it was filled with things for the holidays, spider webs, bats that kind of stuff, you were only supposed to take items and not replace anything because it was going to be removed after Halloween. The cemetery was located way back in the woods, on top of a hill, with markers from as early as the 1800's, with the most current from around 1940....folks that were born and raised around here were surprised they never knew about it.

There is a virtual cache at another cemetery...when I looked at the picture in one of the post's, I realized that the grave site they showed was that of a very dear friend...when word got out about it, everyone who knew him went for the cache...none of us felt it was disrespectful.

It was wonderful to walk around and read the dates and epitaphs, and learn a little of the history of these places..Most of the cacher's I talked to did the same things I did when I visited the caches, we cleaned the place up (people actually left trash) put rocks and flowers back and put the tombstones back up.

As they say in the Himalayas......"just do it with good heart" icon_smile.gif

It's not about the mistakes we make, it's about what we learn from them....

We have had a couple great caches at cemetery's...one was just before Halloween, the cache was located on the edge of the cemetery, you had to cross it to find it.....it was filled with things for the holidays, spider webs, bats that kind of stuff, you were only supposed to take items and not replace anything because it was going to be removed after Halloween. The cemetery was located way back in the woods, on top of a hill, with markers from as early as the 1800's, with the most current from around 1940....folks that were born and raised around here were surprised they never knew about it.

There is a virtual cache at another cemetery...when I looked at the picture in one of the post's, I realized that the grave site they showed was that of a very dear friend...when word got out about it, everyone who knew him went for the cache...none of us felt it was disrespectful.

It was wonderful to walk around and read the dates and epitaphs, and learn a little of the history of these places..Most of the cacher's I talked to did the same things I did when I visited the caches, we cleaned the place up (people actually left trash) put rocks and flowers back and put the tombstones back up.

As they say in the Himalayas......"just do it with good heart" icon_smile.gif

It's not about the mistakes we make, it's about what we learn from them....

It was a pretty neat place and I'm sure we'd have NEVER went there had there not been a cache. Of course we respected the sanctity of the place, no kids climbing headstones or disrupting of mourners, but we also enjoyed the hunt, traded, and signed the log. We've certainly found caches in less interesting places...

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

quote:
Originally posted by pizzachef:

YES...The caches originally in question are both mine:

Computer Graveyard

and

Bayou Views

I have family in both Cemetaries, and both are tastefully done, as can be attested to by the folks who have actually logged them.

Since then ClayJar and I have long since discussed all this in detail, and I understand his views, and why he feels the way he does, and he understands my stand that Cemetaries are Beautiful, Historic, and Serene Gardens of Memories that when visited for whatever reason, can be an enlightening experience for those who choose to do so.

I do feel that, if done properly and tastefully, a cemetery cache can be a great experience for many people, though understandably not all.

Buck8Poin

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

quote:
Originally posted by pizzachef:

YES...The caches originally in question are both mine:

Computer Graveyard

and

Bayou Views

I have family in both Cemetaries, and both are tastefully done, as can be attested to by the folks who have actually logged them.

Since then ClayJar and I have long since discussed all this in detail, and I understand his views, and why he feels the way he does, and he understands my stand that Cemetaries are Beautiful, Historic, and Serene Gardens of Memories that when visited for whatever reason, can be an enlightening experience for those who choose to do so.

I do feel that, if done properly and tastefully, a cemetery cache can be a great experience for many people, though understandably not all.

Buck8Poin

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

One of the reasons many of us place caches in a certain spot is to draw attention to what we think is an interesting place. Cemetaries are certainly, to me at least, interesting places. I'm referring specifically to old and/or historic cemetaries.

I was in Sacramento last week and found two caches in a very interesting, old cemetary. One was a virtual and one was physical. The presence of these caches brought me to a place that I probably wouldn't have found if not for Geocaching. After finding the caches, my wife and I walked around for quite a while checking out the headstones. It was a very historic place and we didn't feel creepy, or weirded out at all.

On the other hand, placing a cache in an active cemetary, with no historic value is pointless.

I don't know about the rest of the country/world, but around here, the micro caches we have are hidden specifically with the fact that the hunter might have issues with people in the area blocking the route to the cache.

For example, a playground in a city park. If there a lots of kids playing that would see the hunter get the cache, the hunter is expected to know to back off and come back when the area is less crowded.

So, as I see it, same thing goes for Cemetaries. If people are having a funeral, GO AWAY. Don't be so focused on getting your cache that you lose sight of common sense. Common sense also dictates that a cache in a cemetary would not be hidden anywhere the hunter would have to trample bushes or overturn rocks to find it.

---------------------------------------

Friends don't let friends NOT geocache.

---------------------------------------

The only cache I know of near Vegas that is in a cemetary is one that is out in the desert near Boulder City. The thing is, it is a pet cemetary that has been there since the '60s, but is still active. This is right near a highway, but well hidden by desert growth. Everyone that have been to the cache is suprised that it is there.

As far as real cemetaries go, I think that as long as the hider and seekers are respectful, everything is cool.

Shannon

VegasCacheHounds

Originally posted by CarmelCachers:

I use my GPS to record the locations of the gravesites for my genealogy. A hundred years from now, that headstone may well be unreadable. QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly! I plan to add GPS Coordinates for every person I can in my family tree! I already have a bunch of tombstones that are almost unreadable. I also plan to use GPS coordinates to relocate cemeteries that I may never be able to stumble upon again! icon_biggrin.gif

My Cemetery Cache

Originally posted by CarmelCachers:

I use my GPS to record the locations of the gravesites for my genealogy. A hundred years from now, that headstone may well be unreadable. QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly! I plan to add GPS Coordinates for every person I can in my family tree! I already have a bunch of tombstones that are almost unreadable. I also plan to use GPS coordinates to relocate cemeteries that I may never be able to stumble upon again! icon_biggrin.gif

My Cemetery Cache

I visited a local cache placed in a cemetary. I'd seen the place before, from the highway around Pilot Butte. From those brief glances it looked like a pretty crappy area. I was very pleasantly surprised when I went to do the cache. It was a multi-waypoint cache that gave a good little tour of the place.

Unless the cache box is hidden inside someone's headstone, or requires you to stand on a grave to reach it, I don't see any problem.

One of my more fav.caches leads you to the grave of Bonnie Parker and I think as long as you show respect and don't go steppin over graves there cool by me.I cached a cache in a cemetary last weekend and we had our luch on a bench. icon_biggrin.gif

I would follow my GPS to the gates of Hell if it pointed that way.

One of my more fav.caches leads you to the grave of Bonnie Parker and I think as long as you show respect and don't go steppin over graves there cool by me.I cached a cache in a cemetary last weekend and we had our luch on a bench. icon_biggrin.gif

I would follow my GPS to the gates of Hell if it pointed that way.