Here's the situation...

gmaxis

New 1/1-star cache posted at a popular regional park.

The weekend morning it was posted, I go to the park and find several cars at the parking lot.

Now if you were there too, how can I tell which vehicles are owned by a fellow geocacher? What are the indications that your automobile is a cachemobile?

-Does your SUV have an "I'd rather be GEOCACHING" license plate frame?

-Do you have MAPBLAST printouts of directions on the passenger seat?

-Do you have a Geocaching sticker on the window?

-a travel bug tag hanging on the rear view mirror?

-ammo boxes on your car floor?

-a set of street clothes and a pair of leather shoes in the backseat?

Inquiring minds want to know... icon_confused.gif

Have GPS, Will Travel.

quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:

The weekend morning it was posted, I go to the park and find several cars at the parking lot.

Now if you were there too, how can I tell which vehicles are owned by a fellow geocacher? What are the indications that your automobile is a cachemobile?

Inquiring minds want to know... icon_confused.gif

Have GPS, Will Travel.

You'll know when you see me coming back to the car having beat you to the cache.

icon_razz.gif

Otherwise, you might see some print outs on the dasboard since it was too new to be uploaded to my palm. Plus, if you look, you'd see the crumpled up printouts on the floor board for the ones I had already found.

george

Almost always you would find my printouts of cache descriptions on the front seat. For most caches I would take all my gear with me, but for a 1/1 stroll thru a park...you will probably see my GPS belt pouch on the passenger seat. I only carry the pouch for long hikes, to carry batteries, a knife, a compass, a lighter, and small trinkets for caches.

If it were mine....

You'd find Norwegian skibunnies polishing my hubcaps, anxiously awaiting my return.

Unless of course it happened to be the first Saturday of the month when I'm active in the "help an old lady find a cache" program.

Which reminds me.... What are your plans three weeks from tomorrow Mopar?

quote:

Now if you were there too, how can I tell which vehicles are owned by a fellow geocacher? What are the indications that your automobile is a

Well, I don't normally jump for those 1/1 caches, but if I did, my car would be easy to find.

It would be the car parked right behind Stayfloopy and BassoonPilot's cars. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and the geocaching.com sticker across the back window, right under the "Work sucks, go jetskiing!" one.

Illegitimus non carborundum!

I drive an extended-cab pickup with a cap on the back:

Old printouts on the back seat

Bunch of ammo boxes and tupperware in the bed of my truck

Probably a little yellow eTrex on the dashboard (I usually hunt GPS-less)

I'd be the guy coming back from the cache with a geocaching.com hat on my head and a wagon with two little kids holding Happy Meal toys.

25021_1200.gif

Area cachers know that i've beaten them there when they see the honda with all the dents on it illegally parked on the curb and no visible parking pass. in the back seat is usually an inflatable kayak with paddles, life jacket, backpack that i'd be wearing if it weren't a 1/1, sleeping bag, buttload of mixtapes, and "the enigmatic cube of audrey hepburn." From the front seat, you can tell it's my car by the overflowing ashtray, jerry-rigged cd player, torn and wet cache sheets (of course), atlas of oregon and washington, empty cans of PBR, and the smell of spilled coffee emanating from inside.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

"As I passed the vehicle I noticed a Geocaching symbol hanging from the mirror and grinned."

My signature item is a totem pouch, containing a totem stone of an animal, along with description of that animals spirit, with the geocaching logo right on the front of the pouch. Works for me icon_smile.gif Though I'd still love to have a big old static cling that was tinted friendly!!!

• *Green Suzuki Grand V with Logo on rack wind deflector

*Logo decal in rear window

*Cache sheets and topo print outs in seats

*Del.Topo atlas in seat

*Fast food bags/wrappers/cups in various places

*Last but not least ... and most important ... vehicle is perfectly aligned with Satellite #35 (nah, not really) icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

You'd see a geocaching.com decal in my window, printouts of other caches on the front seat, and if it was a 1/1, my backpack is probably on the back seat. Then again, if it's a 1/1, I'm probably in sight myself.

Stamp out and eradicate superfluous redundancy

Always thought it would be nice to know if any of the cars in the lot belonged to cachers. I have some software that prints signs shaped like the "Do Not Disturb" signs on hotel doors. I printed a Geologo on one to see how it looked hanging from my rearview mirror. Hang it there when you leave the car. Looks good, easily to see, but I've never used it. I guess I just don't want people to know I'm going into the woods for a while; car will be unattended. (But I guess they already know that don't they!) Maybe I'll use it today

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

_

_You'll know I'm there when you see this:

http://goombah.home.att.net/pics/subie_logo2.jpg

Cheers ..._

_~Rich in NEPA~_

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/1132_1200.jpg

__=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===__

Is that you driving away from a cache I am going too?

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

1240 plus miles and only 8 caches?

You can tell it's me by:

1. Geocaching.com window decal

2. Cache On!! Bumper Sticker

3. GPS HUNT license plates

4. Back of Subaru stuffed with camping/hiking gear

5. Walking stick wedged in roof rack

6. Wrecked lower front bumper from getting a bit too anxious to "get there"

7. GPS Cradle on dash, cig plug adapter

box of trading items on the floorboard

8. This time of year, muddy car, since I have always either just got back from, or just heading out for another one, icon_smile.gif and I seldom can "find time" to wash it. Gotta wash in good weather, and we ALL know what good weather is REALLY for.

9. If I am in your neck of the woods, you will probably see my big box on top of my car stuffed with MORE gear. I like gear. Except when I am backpacking, then I HATE it.

bunkerdave

6327_1600.gif

quote:

What are the indications that your automobile is a cachemobile?

STOP FOLLOWING ME!!

icon_biggrin.gif But seriously, some of this indeed applies!

1) My SUV has a "I love my ferrets" license plate frame which might, to local cachers, call to mind our signature ferret pins.

2) Cache listings, maps, aerial photos and the like will appear in the front seats and floorboards.

3) The logo portion of one of the Geocaching.com cling stickers is on the front window above the registration, etc. stickers.

4) There is an ammo box cache ready to go in the floorboard.

5) There are sets of extra clothes for each family member in the back, complete with shoes, so that a misstep with mud, creek, etc, doesn't end the caching day!

6) In cooler months there are a combination of full water bottles and empties. In warm months there are also coolers with extra water.

7) If the hike isn't tough, there are a pair of hiking sticks in the back.

8) If the trail is not suited for strollers and the like there is a kiddo wagon in the back.

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching