Geocaching/Travel Bug Etiquette

dteec

Got a question. If someone leaves multiple travel bugs in one cache, is it fair for one person to take all travel bugs? I'm curious because my family and I were hoping to get our first travel bug today and the geocacher ahead of us took the last two travel bugs. What do you think?

This actually belongs in the travel bug forum, but anyway I once did teh same thing and thought about it afterwards, that next time, I'd just take one. So now I just record the numbers of the bugs I didn't take to put on my list...I know some don't like this practice, but I like a record of all the bugs that have been in my possession, even for just a moment.

Anyway, this way the next cacher gets a bug. Only exception is if I'm going to be on a road trip very soon, I might take up to two since I would be dropping the things off soon...e.g. cache out by North Bend that I did recently.

quote:
Originally posted by dteec:

Got a question. If someone leaves multiple travel bugs in one cache, is it fair for one person to take all travel bugs?

If that person is able to help the bug toward its specific goal then maybe. But just picking up a bunch from a cache for the sake of having many seems greedy.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg