Cache Diet versus Crash Diet

A big smile when I stepped off the scale this morning...minus 30 pounds since January 1. Most of the success is attributable to the help and encouragement of my loving wife. However, in a strong second place is active participation in this great hobby/sport. On top of seeing all those neat places I'd never see otherwise, and meeting and reading the messages from all the nice folks who make this sport what it is, I'm losing weight due to the exercise!

The exercise this sport affords is another great benefit, and oodles cheaper than any weight loss program out there - even if we opt to become a supporting or charter member.

Yup, a cache diet is the only way to go. icon_biggrin.gif

It's amazing how much less a hike FEELS like a hike when you are focused on a GPSR! Several miles and a few thousand feet in elevation changes rarely bother me anymore because I have a destination. I forget about the effort and concentrate more on making the numbers on my Etrex screen go down. It's great. I have eaily dropped an inch on my belt since winter...with a steady diet of good caches.

Best part...it's free! (unlike my gym membership)

When I'm caching, I don't even think about eating. Last weekend I did a series of caches in a nearby town. I got home about 3:00pm and realized I had had nothing to eat since breakfast. If I hang around the house, that kind of willpower is impossible for me. I get out and hike, I get away from the TV, and I have a great time. What could be better than that?

"Could be worse...could be raining"

yeah, i'm not so much on my bike either. to the good, people tell me i've lost weight. seems i don't have as much time to eat.

it will be interesting to see if my legs are still strong when i bike.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.