Another Member Only question...

Slower Pace

I'm about to hide a Member Only cache. Can any person access them by going to Profile, then checking the caches hidden by that user? Is there any way a non-member can view the cache page, or register a find? Would they need to log on using a Member's computer to view or claim a find?

My reason for Member Only is thefts of caches. I don't believe the thiefs are members. Some in the community are good, honest Geocachers, though not yet members. Could I e-mail them about the hide, have them find it and log it?

All good questions. I don't think a members only cache can be discovered unless someone is logging on as a member. Charter member that is.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Some in the community are good, honest Geocachers, though not yet members. Could I e-mail them about the hide, have them find it and log it?

Seems to me that this would be defeating the purpose of "members only" caches. No offense, but, I too, wanted to see what the members only caches consisted of when I was a simple geocacher. I tried every way imaginable, but to no avail.

But as I am giving my opinion, I see that I may need clarification. Your friends are geocachers, but NOT charter members, right?

The way I perceive charter membership is that (concerning members only caches) it's meant for members only, point blank.

Maybe I have approached this the wrong way, but members only are as it is plainly stated...Members Only.

And not to degrade geocachers vs. charters... A geocacher (who does right by the rules and guidelines) is entitled to be respected just as charter. But, the charter pays the $30/yr. and should have a little extra twists and such. Go figure. It's really not a big deal, hell it's just 30 bucks. Or three bucks a month.

Don't buy that pack of Marlboro's and go charter for a month and see how you like it.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Opey Ones wife is the hot one on the right of the pic.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

O.K. UMC. Why do you have to differentiate the hot one and the guy? Is it that much of a problem for you to notice the difference between a "hot gal" and her "old man"? icon_razz.gif I should assume that others would have figured that out by now.

Now, let's see a pic of your ol' lady icon_eek.gif Just kidding. Now, back to my useless and stupid questions where I need to quit drinking and go to bed icon_biggrin.gif