go ahead, call me a suckup.

flask

maybe i am a spiralling sycophant (the rest of you can look it up), but i'm quite firmly floored by a post or two i've read.

for goodness' sake, don't whine if your cache doesn't get appoved. negotiate. take a poll. make adjustments. let it go. don't make imflammatory personal attacks on people who do good work.

or even people who do poor work. and DON"T toss it all back to discrimination. i'm sick of people whining.

there. i'm done now.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

quote:
Originally posted by flask:

maybe i am a spiralling sycophant (the rest of you can look it up), but i'm quite firmly floored by a post or two i've read.

for goodness' sake, don't whine if your cache doesn't get appoved. negotiate. take a poll. make adjustments. let it go. don't make imflammatory personal attacks on people who do good work.

or even people who do poor work. and DON"T toss it all back to discrimination. i'm sick of people whining.

there. i'm done now.

Flask: I think you need to step away from the buttocks of the Website.

[EDIT] Darn! Dinoprophet beat me to it. If it wasn't for that 4yr old cutting me off, I would have beat him to the post!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Buttocks of the website

It's where me, Mopar, Hartclimbs and Da Rebel hang out. Since 3 of the 4 are from New Jersey, I take it as an insult to the entire community of New Jersey geocachers!

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

I am so tired of the Anti-Approvers and Anti-Admin threads that have popped up lately.

As if no one has been told no before. Then take it personal, launching personal attacks in the forums.

TeamJedis thread was absolutely ridiculous!

The only intelligent thing to do when your told no, is to ask what can be done to make it work.

Why bash, relentlessly, when told no. "Why isn't that in the Rules?" "I didn't see anything written on the FAQ."

Who cares! Ask what you can do to get it approved.

When it comes to criminal law, not knowing the law isn't an excuse. I'd love to see someone demand to see the FAQs in a criminal trial.

lightbar4.gif

39197_2700.jpg

I am the result of genetic manipulation of superior Geocacher DNA. Faster, stronger with superior reasoning and logic.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

It's where me, Mopar, Hartclimbs and Da Rebel hang out. Since 3 of the 4 are from New Jersey, I take it as an insult to the entire community of New Jersey geocachers!

And all along I thought it was the armpit state. Now New Jersey has a claim on the buttocks too? icon_smile.gif

Just remember that the difference between brown-nosing and @ss kissing is depth perception.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:

_Buttocks of the website_

Truth be told - I believe you, Mopar and Da Rebel were in the nether-regions.

I was designated as a sick SOB, but no reference was made to my location.

- Keeping it clean

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Helen Keller (1880 - 1968), The Open Door (1957)

Like it or not, we are "customers" of geocaching.com. We buy from this site a place to advertise caches, talk with each other, and have a good time. Even those of us, myself included, who are not (yet) paying members are customers. We spend our time here because a quality product is being offered at BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICES icon_smile.gif. In reality, Jeremy and the crew go way beyond providing a quality product for the money (or lack thereof) that is asked of each customer. However, what some people (specifically a certain StarWars fanatic/cacher) fail to realize is that GC.com is not OBLIGATED to perform services for us. Nor do the rules of geocaching require you to ever visit this site. I would never walk into a barber shop and demand that the barber give me haircut this instant or else. Then compain about the lack of service if my demands were not met. The barber is not obligated to cut my hair. And if I'm not happy with my haircut I am certainly free to find another barber. If a certain someone is not happy with the service he has been given by GC.com, let him go elsewhere. I for one would not miss that person's presence and I'm guessing that GC.com might not miss that person's business.

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." -George Burns

[This message was edited by flat_lander on April 08, 2003 at 02:04 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

If it wasn't for that 4yr old cutting me off, I would have beat him to the post!

Another reference to 4 year olds driving cars!! This site has really gone down the sewer! Sickness abounds!

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

"Winter's just the curtain. Spring will take the bow"

-- Richard Shindell, Spring

quote:
Originally posted by flask:

there. i'm done now.

Ok, so let me get this right, you are whining about people whining? icon_razz.gif

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

quote:
Originally posted by flat_lander:

Like it or not, we are "customers" of geocaching.com. We buy from this site a place to advertise caches, talk with each other, and have a good time. Even those of us, myself included, who are not (yet) paying members are customers. We spend our time here because a quality product is being offered at BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICES icon_smile.gif. In reality, Jeremy and the crew go way beyond providing a quality product for the money (or lack thereof) that is asked of each customer. However, what some people (specifically a certain StarWars fanatic/cacher) fail to realize is that GC.com is not OBLIGATED to perform services for us. Nor do the rules of geocaching require you to ever visit this site. I would never walk into a barber shop and demand that the barber give me haircut this instant or else. Then compain about the lack of service if my demands were not met. The barber is not obligated to cut my hair. And if I'm not happy with my haircut I am certainly free to find another barber. If a certain someone is not happy with the service he has been given by GC.com, let him go elsewhere. I for one would not miss that person's presence and I'm guessing that GC.com might not miss that person's business.

Now there's some truth if I EVER saw it -- in nice condensed, short-attention-span form. Good post, Flatlander.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:

_Buttocks of the website_

Hmm. As the one that's from the Deep South, I'm not sure I like where that leaves me. Does it help that I was born in Somerville?

Anyhoo, I ain't worrying about name calling or some dweeb's rantings. I worry about more important stuff. Like BBQ, Fords, and 'possums.

wave.gif Have a Dixie Day!