You Californian's are lucky!

Wow. The ultimate geocaching vehicle out there for the environmentally conscious cacher. It's the NEW Toyota RAV4ev!

From the Toyota Website:

When the engineers at Toyota developed the RAV4 EV, careful thought was given not only to the environment, but to functionality as well. Take for example, the RAV4 EV’s permanent-magnet motor. In addition to generating zero emissions, the revolutionary 67-hp motor is capable of approaching 78 mph, more than adequate for both street and highway driving.

Practicality was also in mind when creating the RAV4 EV’s energy storage system. Utilizing 24 high-capacity, nickel-metal hydride batteries, the RAV4 can travel up to 126 miles on a single charge. For most of us, that’s enough to get us to work and back.

Toyota’s approach even extends down to the tires as the RAV4 EV’s steel-belted radials have been designed to minimize rolling resistance, increasing energy efficiency. Consciousness of both the environment and your everyday driving needs -- that’s the RAV4 EV.

What on earth are they thinking? An SUV that will only go 126 miles?!?!? Better avoid the mountains...and valleys...and potholes! And 67 horsepower? That's enough to carry one, maybe two people! It's only available in CA, and probably costs $40k+.

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

Wow. The ultimate geocaching vehicle out there for the environmentally conscious cacher. It's the NEW Toyota RAV4ev!

From the Toyota Website:

When the engineers at Toyota developed the RAV4 EV, careful thought was given not only to the environment, but to functionality as well. Take for example, the RAV4 EV’s permanent-magnet motor. In addition to generating zero emissions, the revolutionary 67-hp motor is capable of approaching 78 mph, ....

---------------

Honda introduced a Civic many years ago had a variable transmission - like a snowmobile belt. It also, if memory serves, ran on natural gas, propane or regular gas or any combination thereof. It was desgined specifically fo CA's stringent emission standards. When I read the article, the emissions test clearly showed the air from the exhaust to be 'cleaner' than the ambient air.

Don't know if those cars are still being produced. The new honda hybrid isn't doing as well as predicted either. Give the the fuel prices a chance to continue rising and we'll all be thrust back to the econobox days of the 70's.

Nice thing about that Rav4 is that it'll power your GPSr forever!

MajBach

You can't have everything,where would you put it?

1compass.gif

quote:

What on earth are they thinking? An SUV that will only go 126 miles?!?!? Better avoid the mountains...and valleys...and potholes! And 67 horsepower? That's enough to carry one, maybe two people! It's only available in CA, and probably costs $40k+.

I am sure that this will offend, but I thank god every day that I wasn't born in California. I visit there alot, and it always reminds me how much better it is elsewhere.

Seriously though, I would consider an electric vehicle as soon as they can go 200 to 300 miles on a single charge, have atleast 150 HP, and be charged back up in 5 to 10 minutes. Until then, I will stick with my Toyota Land Cruiser as the ultimate cache vehicle.

Scott

Team My Blue Heaven

quote:

In addition to generating zero emissions, the revolutionary 67-hp motor is capable of approaching 78 mph, more than adequate for both street and highway driving.

I especially like the "capable of approaching 78 mph" part - I don't even want to think of how long it'd take to get up to that speed... The overall cruising speed may be enough to keep from annoying other drivers, but I'd hate to be the person stuck behind it while accelerating from a stop, or going up the entrance ramp to the interstate.

I'll stick with my Maxima - it leaves most other cars eating my dust. icon_biggrin.gif

15701_500.jpg

quote:

In addition to generating zero emissions, the revolutionary 67-hp motor is capable of approaching 78 mph, more than adequate for both street and highway driving.

I especially like the "capable of approaching 78 mph" part - I don't even want to think of how long it'd take to get up to that speed... The overall cruising speed may be enough to keep from annoying other drivers, but I'd hate to be the person stuck behind it while accelerating from a stop, or going up the entrance ramp to the interstate.

I'll stick with my Maxima - it leaves most other cars eating my dust. icon_biggrin.gif

15701_500.jpg

One thing I read about electric busses in California is that when the driver accelerates, the rate of acceleration is unchanged regardless of pressure on the pedal. However, electric consumption is dramatically increased (converted to heat?) when you 'stomp' on the pedal. Therefore, bus drivers had to be retrained to 'gradually apply pressure to the accelerator' to preserve electricity.

I think it would be cool, though, to be the only family on the block with a cool looking SUV that is capable of going to the grocery store. Not that you could load the thing and carry your groceries home. Maybe they'll think of that next.

I'm sure glad that all the electric plants in California burn pollution-free, too. What? They don't? OH, I SEE. Perception. It's okay to pollute as long as it is done hundreds of miles away and all you do is tap into a supply of the product.

I know that I'm kinda rambling around different topics here, but it's all a big racket!

Texas, now, has required emissions testing on vehicles in four [at least] of the most populous counties in the north. Never mind the $55,000 dollar machine requried by inspection stations being bought from the state. Never mind that inspections in and of themselves are a repressive tax (ticket a car that isn't up to snuff!). Never mind that it's been documented and PROVEN that the pollution over Dallas is seasonal, is not related to automobile emmisions, but rather from inefficient factories in Mexico.

Permits, fees, fines, tests, blah blah blah. All really annoying. And they call this a free country! I love it here, and won't ever fight for a better country, because I don't believe one exists.

Off Topic...I went to get my Jeep Grand Cherokee Gas Guzzler inspected after a hail storm we had here last week, and in the State Farm insurance office was a city-issued permit allowing the use of a burglar/fire alarm!!!

Sheesh.

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by Team My Blue Heaven:

quote:

I am sure that this will offend, but I thank god every day that I wasn't born in California. I visit there alot, and it always reminds me how much better it is elsewhere.

Seriously though, I would consider an electric vehicle as soon as they can go 200 to 300 miles on a single charge, have atleast 150 HP, and be charged back up in 5 to 10 minutes. Until then, I will stick with my Toyota Land Cruiser as the ultimate cache vehicle.

Scott

Team My Blue Heaven

Hey you have to remember that california is a very big state and we have those regional whacos that get all the press over in the bay area and los angeles. The good folk over in the farm and mountian regions think those folks are just as crazy as you do.

The problem is, they outnumber us and out vote us and live closer to people with video cameras. A lot of people think california is a beach between LA and San Fransico. But on the flip side, we have the tallest mountain in the lower 48, the biggest national parks, giganitic trees, volcanoes, vast sparsly inhabited beaches, huge caverns, etc etc.

I, on the other hand, thank God I wasn't born in the congested east coast with their tiny hills(they call them mountians) and pay beaches.

You can get furthur from civilization in california than anywhere on the east coast.

george

As a New Yorker who has visited CA, I have to admit you have some really beautiful country out there. Yosemite was inspiring. Lake Tahoe was great (although half belongs to Nevada too). The great trees of Mariposa, the Monterrey peninsula, you name it. But New York has its' beauty too. The Hudson River, the Catskills Mountains of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkles fame. Only 200 miles north of the Big Apple we have the Adirondacks Range the first state conservation area created by law and part of our constitution "...to remain forever wild". While the mountains are smaller than the rockies, Adirondack Park which is the biggest state park in the country is larger than Yosemite and Grand Canyon parks combined. Yup, New York!

Isn't that what's great about the United States. We can all be united as Americans but still be proud of where we're from!

Alan

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

While the mountains are smaller than the rockies, Adirondack Park which is the biggest state park in the country is larger than Yosemite and Grand Canyon parks combined. Yup, New York!

Isn't that what's great about the United States. We can all be united as Americans but still be proud of where we're from!

Alan

True, I'm quite a patriot. But you forget that Death Valley national Park is even bigger yet.

george

"can't we all just get along???"...stop the madness i have been all around this big thing we call mother earth and let me tell ya there is no better place then california...the weather and and lets not forget you can go surfing in the am, ride your dirt bike in the afternoon and snow ski in the evening...now lets talk about cars...most of those small SUVs replaced the station wagon and most of us out here drive trucks or sport cars...so all you folks that "just visited" out here if you have nothing nice to say.... icon_eek.gif

"can't we all just get along???"...stop the madness i have been all around this big thing we call mother earth and let me tell ya there is no better place then california...the weather and and lets not forget you can go surfing in the am, ride your dirt bike in the afternoon and snow ski in the evening...now lets talk about cars...most of those small SUVs replaced the station wagon and most of us out here drive trucks or sport cars...so all you folks that "just visited" out here if you have nothing nice to say.... icon_eek.gif

quote:

I'm sure glad that all the electric plants in California burn pollution-free, too. What? They don't? OH, I SEE. Perception. It's okay to pollute as long as it is done hundreds of miles away and all you do is tap into a supply of the product.

Don't forget that California is lucky enough to have all the electricity it could ever need!! Just try to forget about those blackouts. :-)

Scott

Team My Blue Heaven

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:I, on the other hand, thank God I wasn't born in the congested east coast with their tiny hills(they call them mountians) and pay beaches.

Might as well fan the flames a little, but you are right. I have been to the east coast and while there are some really pretty areas, I am very happy that I was born and grew up in Idaho. I am also pretty happy living in Arizona now. :-)

Scott

Team My Blue Heaven

Highest gas prices, Utility prices, housing, on and on and on. icon_mad.gif

You have to pay to live in Utopia.

And us people out on the fringe, or that remember how it used to be before all the Kooks and yo yos moved here keep hoping that just maybe once again it will be that way. icon_biggrin.gif

And while we are talking big San Bernardino county is the largest in the lower 48, larger then some states on the east coast icon_razz.gif

Yes I'm proud to be called a Californian icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by vagabond on April 25, 2002 at 03:57 PM.]

Highest gas prices, Utility prices, housing, on and on and on. icon_mad.gif

You have to pay to live in Utopia.

And us people out on the fringe, or that remember how it used to be before all the Kooks and yo yos moved here keep hoping that just maybe once again it will be that way. icon_biggrin.gif

And while we are talking big San Bernardino county is the largest in the lower 48, larger then some states on the east coast icon_razz.gif

Yes I'm proud to be called a Californian icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by vagabond on April 25, 2002 at 03:57 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

quote:

While the mountains are smaller than the rockies, Adirondack Park which is the biggest state park in the country is larger than Yosemite and Grand Canyon parks combined. Yup, New York!

Alan

True, I'm quite a patriot. But you forget that Death Valley national Park is even bigger yet.

george

I'd love to visit Death Valley (in the winter) but my point was Adirondack Park is the largest state park in the country. Death Valley is a national park.

However I did make a mistake in my original post. Adirondack Park is actually twice as large as Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Grand Canyon National Parks combined! icon_cool.gif

Alan

quote:

quote:

Alan

george

I'd love to visit Death Valley (in the winter) but my point was Adirondack Park is the largest state park in the country. Death Valley is a national park.

However I did make a mistake in my original post. Adirondack Park is actually twice as large as Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Grand Canyon National Parks combined! icon_cool.gif

Alan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Alan

george

I'd love to visit Death Valley (in the winter) but my point was Adirondack Park is the largest _state_ park in the country. Death Valley is a national park.

Alan

It's also completely criss crossed by roads. Yosemite has 1 road teh crosses it. How far can you actaully get into the woods away from civilization. There furthest point from a road. From the maps I've seen it's a totally accessable area. You get some places out west, especially in Nevada, where it's scary lonely out in the middle or literally nowhere. That's wilderness. At one point I toyed with hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, there are points on that trail where it's days between crossing any vehicle accessable area. On the other hand you have the Apalachian trail that literally goes down main streets of towns.

Plus you're stuck with the Clintons. Ha Ha.

Have a good one.

george

quote:

quote:

quote:

Alan

george

I'd love to visit Death Valley (in the winter) but my point was Adirondack Park is the largest _state_ park in the country. Death Valley is a national park.

Alan

It's also completely criss crossed by roads. Yosemite has 1 road teh crosses it. How far can you actaully get into the woods away from civilization. There furthest point from a road. From the maps I've seen it's a totally accessable area. You get some places out west, especially in Nevada, where it's scary lonely out in the middle or literally nowhere. That's wilderness. At one point I toyed with hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, there are points on that trail where it's days between crossing any vehicle accessable area. On the other hand you have the Apalachian trail that literally goes down main streets of towns.

Have a good one.

george

quote:

I am sure that this will offend, but I thank god every day that I wasn't born in California.

Doesn't offend me but I'm surprised. My X-mas present to my wife in 2000 was a trip to L.A. and Vegas (we're from Canada). Flew to L.A., rented a car and took in the sites. Stopped in at Death Valley on the way to Vegas. then to Palm Springs and San Diego. Also drove on the Pacifc HWY north of L.A. too. I thought it was a gorgeous state. You can practically see all four seasons any time of the year. I think the only state I like better (for scenery) was Montana. I've probably visited about 30-35 states too.

quote:
I am forced to drive my 450hp 4X4 that comsumes more gasoline at idle that the gas pump can deliver. It has no smog controls at all and there are no smog checks where I live.

Hmm not a statement to be to awful proud of. HP has always been a poor substitute for verility.

quote:
But on the flip side, we have the tallest mountain in the lower 48, the biggest national parks, giganitic trees, volcanoes, vast sparsly inhabited beaches, huge caverns, etc etc.

Again, this is a place worth bragging about. Indeed, most of N. America is. I mean, what is there you can't see here?

quote:
Don't forget that California is lucky enough to have all the electricity it could ever need!! Just try to forget about those blackouts. :-)

Also don't forget though that much of this hasn't been paid for. Canada is still trying to reclaim the hundreds of millions of dollars in exported electricity it lost when CA. power companies claimed bankruptcy and then turned around and moved to Europe where they were protected from creditors.

MajBach

You can't have everything,where would you put it?

1compass.gif

quote:

quote:

Alan

Have a good one.

george

Hey George, that's the spirit. Some sidebars: I did cross the one road you mentioned through Yosemite. I think it was called Tioga pass. Came through from the east from Mono Lake. My rental car nearly pooped out when I hit 10,000 feet! Thought it was going to choke to death. That'll teach me from buying cheap regular rather than high test. icon_wink.gif

True the Adirondacks is not as opened as Alaska, but with 6,000,000 acres, you can probably hike 40 miles in places before tripping over any roads. That's more than enough for me as my hking usually consists of pulling the car off the road and hilking to the far end of the shoulder to take a picture of the wild forest! Also the park boasts almost 3,000 lakes and approximately 30,000 miles of rivers and streams. Some of the best whitewater and trouts fishing around. (Yes I've actually whitewatered - in 26 degree weather. Froze my a-- off even with the wet suit! I knew I was in for it when the guide fell on his head when we hit the first rapid.) What a trip!

And the Clintons do not live in the Adirondacks. Unfortunately they live 150 miles closer to me!

Keep your socks dry. icon_wink.gif

Alan

quote:

quote:

Alan

Have a good one.

george

Hey George, that's the spirit. Some sidebars: I did cross the one road you mentioned through Yosemite. I think it was called Tioga pass. Came through from the east from Mono Lake. My rental car nearly pooped out when I hit 10,000 feet! Thought it was going to choke to death. That'll teach me from buying cheap regular rather than high test. icon_wink.gif

True the Adirondacks is not as opened as Alaska, but with 6,000,000 acres, you can probably hike 40 miles in places before tripping over any roads. That's more than enough for me as my hking usually consists of pulling the car off the road and hilking to the far end of the shoulder to take a picture of the wild forest! Also the park boasts almost 3,000 lakes and approximately 30,000 miles of rivers and streams. Some of the best whitewater and trouts fishing around. (Yes I've actually whitewatered - in 26 degree weather. Froze my a-- off even with the wet suit! I knew I was in for it when the guide fell on his head when we hit the first rapid.) What a trip!

And the Clintons do not live in the Adirondacks. Unfortunately they live 150 miles closer to me!

Keep your socks dry. icon_wink.gif

Alan

Hey, the statistics don't lie. California is the best, just look at the protected lands and the rural/urban land areas stats. icon_smile.gif At least we can still drive in our cities if we choose to, unlike NYC (ok...not impossible, just impractical). I'd love living here if it were only for the fact that people can't smoke in restaurants. We all know how well those non-smoking sections work icon_wink.gif I actually don't have a beef with any other state, but I do find it curious that typically only non-californios have a problem with us. I rarely if ever hear a Californian say a bad word about another state. Maybe we're too busy enjoying all of our open space, beaches, good weather, diversity, culture, etc. to care...

Hey, the statistics don't lie. California is the best, just look at the protected lands and the rural/urban land areas stats. icon_smile.gif At least we can still drive in our cities if we choose to, unlike NYC (ok...not impossible, just impractical). I'd love living here if it were only for the fact that people can't smoke in restaurants. We all know how well those non-smoking sections work icon_wink.gif I actually don't have a beef with any other state, but I do find it curious that typically only non-californios have a problem with us. I rarely if ever hear a Californian say a bad word about another state. Maybe we're too busy enjoying all of our open space, beaches, good weather, diversity, culture, etc. to care...

quote:
Originally posted by carivercpl:

"can't we all just get along???"...stop the madness i have been all around this big thing we call mother earth and let me tell ya there is no better place then california...

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool (whatever that is supposed to mean) born-and-bred (sounds like my parents were into sheep farming, huh?) Native Californian.

I hate L.A. (born there, done that, I wouldn't wear the lame baby doll t-shirt they were handing out) except for the constant stream of front row seating concerts everyday or sports events within 60 miles of my house and places to eat or watch a movie 24/7. L.A. Sux. But the minute you leave L.A. and head north, things start to get nicer. Much nicer. I lived for 12 years in Ventura and Santa Barbara areas and that is lovely landscape. How many of you wish you could walk to the corner to buy just picked oranges, avocados and strawberries? For twelve years I didn't pay for produce, it was given to me.

Now I live in the REAL Northern California (if you notice on a map, San Francisco is in the MIDDLE OF THE STATE, HELLO!), 25 miles south of the Oregon Stateline. Right on the coast. In the heart of the Redwood National and State Parks. All you folks drool on the postcards they make from where I live. Ain't no place prettier.

I can drive 15 miles and be in the mountains. It is only two minutes to the beaches. The Smith River is the most pristine free-flowing river in all of North America, and it is in California.

You can keep you EV Rav 4. I'll stick with MY Ford F-150 Supercab Flareside 4x4 (2000 model)... 5.4L V-8 with a Maggie Meridian on the dash... don't you wish you were me?

icon_biggrin.gif

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

quote:

"can't we all just get along???"...stop the madness i have been all around this big thing we call mother earth and let me tell ya there is no better place then california...

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool (whatever that is supposed to mean) born-and-bred (sounds like my parents were into sheep farming, huh?) Native Californian.

I hate L.A. (born there, done that, I wouldn't wear the lame baby doll t-shirt they were handing out) except for the constant stream of front row seating concerts everyday or sports events within 60 miles of my house and places to eat or watch a movie 24/7. L.A. Sux. But the minute you leave L.A. and head north, things start to get nicer. Much nicer. I lived for 12 years in Ventura and Santa Barbara areas and that is lovely landscape. How many of you wish you could walk to the corner to buy just picked oranges, avocados and strawberries? For twelve years I didn't pay for produce, it was given to me.

Now I live in the REAL Northern California (if you notice on a map, San Francisco is in the MIDDLE OF THE STATE, HELLO!), 25 miles south of the Oregon Stateline. Right on the coast. In the heart of the Redwood National and State Parks. All you folks drool on the postcards they make from where I live. Ain't no place prettier.

I can drive 15 miles and be in the mountains. It is only two minutes to the beaches. The Smith River is the most pristine free-flowing river in all of North America, and it is in California.

You can keep you EV Rav 4. I'll stick with MY Ford F-150 Supercab Flareside 4x4 (2000 model)... 5.4L V-8 with a Maggie Meridian on the dash... don't you wish you were me?

icon_biggrin.gif

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:

Barefoot hit it on the head...i have been all over the world and enjoyed myself no matter where i'm at...but nothing beat coming home to california...but then i guess you can say that about any place you love to live... icon_cool.gif

Right On! Hey... I grew up in Norco... your backyard. Yep, Norco... where men are men and horses get nervous! Norco, where until a few years ago, there were no sidewalks, because horses outnumbered people. Moved away from that lovely little treasure in 1973. Graduated from La Sierra High (Riverside) class of 1978. Go Eagles!

Yep, California, where most people were your neighbor at least for a time.

The really funny part of California? If all of you folks hate it here so much, why are so many people from other states MOVING HERE!

Earthquakes? Brushfires? Rioting? That is when you weed out the true Californians... the hardcore Cali-folk hang tight.

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:

Barefoot hit it on the head...i have been all over the world and enjoyed myself no matter where i'm at...but nothing beat coming home to california...but then i guess you can say that about any place you love to live... icon_cool.gif

Right On! Hey... I grew up in Norco... your backyard. Yep, Norco... where men are men and horses get nervous! Norco, where until a few years ago, there were no sidewalks, because horses outnumbered people. Moved away from that lovely little treasure in 1973. Graduated from La Sierra High (Riverside) class of 1978. Go Eagles!

Yep, California, where most people were your neighbor at least for a time.

The really funny part of California? If all of you folks hate it here so much, why are so many people from other states MOVING HERE!

Earthquakes? Brushfires? Rioting? That is when you weed out the true Californians... the hardcore Cali-folk hang tight.

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:
Originally posted by The GeoGadgets Team:

icon_biggrin.gif

----------

Lori aka: _RedwoodRed_

OK RedwoodRed. You sold me. I'm ready to visit. Question. I don't have a Ford F-150 Supercab Flareside 4x4 (2000 model)... 5.4L V-8. Will my Chrysler New Yorker sedan make it? icon_wink.gif

Alan

quote:

icon_biggrin.gif

----------

OK RedwoodRed. You sold me. I'm ready to visit. Question. I don't have a Ford F-150 Supercab Flareside 4x4 (2000 model)... 5.4L V-8. Will my Chrysler New Yorker sedan make it? icon_wink.gif

Alan

quote:

As a New Yorker who has visited CA, I have to admit you have some really beautiful country out there. Yosemite was inspiring. Lake Tahoe was great (although half belongs to Nevada too). The great trees of Mariposa, the Monterrey peninsula, you name it. But New York has its' beauty too. The Hudson River, the Catskills Mountains of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkles fame. Only 200 miles north of the Big Apple we have the Adirondacks Range the first state conservation area created by law and part of our constitution "...to remain forever wild". While the mountains are smaller than the rockies, Adirondack Park which is the biggest state park in the country is larger than Yosemite and Grand Canyon parks combined. Yup, New York!

Alan

Well said, for an easterner. One thing that I do like (from what I've heard) that the East coast does is separate city from country. City is City, country is Country. Here the cities keep sprawling and sprawling. It's like the dadgum energizer bunny. At least back east they can put people in a city and save a little countryside.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

...Well said, for an easterner. One thing that I do like (from what I've heard) that the East coast does is separate city from country. City is City, country is Country. Here the cities keep sprawling and sprawling. It's like the dadgum energizer bunny. At least back east they can put people in a city and save a little countryside.

Not exactly true. The east is really starting to bulge outwards. The population is exploding. They're building homes everywhere. It's estimated that northern NJ will be surburbs from the NY to the PA borders in 30 years. It's good that there are parks like the Adirondacks but with the population increasing dramatically, it may become hard to find peace and quiet there as well.

Alan icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

...Well said, for an easterner. One thing that I do like (from what I've heard) that the East coast does is separate city from country. City is City, country is Country. Here the cities keep sprawling and sprawling. It's like the dadgum energizer bunny. At least back east they can put people in a city and save a little countryside.

Not exactly true. The east is really starting to bulge outwards. The population is exploding. They're building homes everywhere. It's estimated that northern NJ will be surburbs from the NY to the PA borders in 30 years. It's good that there are parks like the Adirondacks but with the population increasing dramatically, it may become hard to find peace and quiet there as well.

Alan icon_frown.gif

quote:

Alan

I don't think it matters if it only has six cylinders... the large percentage of 15-year old Ford Tempos, Yugos, Chevy Chevettes and other almost-four cylinder vehicles that are resident here seem to do okay... why shouldn't a New Yorker from New York? icon_biggrin.gif

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:

Alan

I don't think it matters if it only has six cylinders... the large percentage of 15-year old Ford Tempos, Yugos, Chevy Chevettes and other almost-four cylinder vehicles that are resident here seem to do okay... why shouldn't a New Yorker from New York? icon_biggrin.gif

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:

----------

Have you seen my 11 year old, 90K miles New Yorker lately? OK. I'll take a chance. If I get stuck will you help me with your Ford F-150 Supercab Flareside 4x4 (2000 model)... 5.4L V-8? Sounds hot. icon_wink.gif

Alan

quote:

----------

Have you seen my 11 year old, 90K miles New Yorker lately? OK. I'll take a chance. If I get stuck will you help me with your Ford F-150 Supercab Flareside 4x4 (2000 model)... 5.4L V-8? Sounds hot. icon_wink.gif

Alan

quote:

Alan

It is a quite nice looking truck, if I do say so myself. You can see a photo of it on this forum TOPIC.

Oh, and it is the lower vehicle, not the one driven by Ms. Croft... if you couldn't guess!

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website

quote:

Alan

It is a quite nice looking truck, if I do say so myself. You can see a photo of it on this forum TOPIC.

Oh, and it is the lower vehicle, not the one driven by Ms. Croft... if you couldn't guess!

----------

KF6VFI

GeoGadgets Team Website