YUCK -- Disgusting, Ghastly and Frightening

Attention!

Dead Horse Being Beaten Here!

Contact PETA! (kidding)

Ok, I have been on several message boards including one with mostly women getting married. YIKES! That was brutal. This is just plain silly. There are people out there that don't like homsexuals. It may not be right in may peoples opinions but, it is a fact. Looks like we have a few of those people on the boards. Ok, whatever. I am going to naturally come to the conclusion that they are not people I really want to listen to. So I will most likely not read their threads. That's my right. I am pretty convinced that I am not going to change all people's minds to agree with my opinions (although I think it would be a really good idea; snicker, snicker, snicker) so the only reason I am posting is because I am tired of this topic being at the top all the time (yes I realize I am contributing to the 'topness' at this moment). We all know by now who here (more than one) has a problem with homosexuals. Need we continue to hammer that point home? There are lots of other "Disgusting, Ghastly and Frightening" things we can talk about here. We've talked this one to death, pointed virtual fingers and voiced our opnions. Isn't that enough?

This evolved thread is not about gay bashing. It's about pervert, faggot (or what ever) bashing. Those that blatantly advertise, aggressively persue and flaunt there sexual activity with PRIDE are nothing more. I would think the real mainstream gay community would be the first to condemn these people instead of going on there defense.

The way you point your compass is your business. Keep it that way and we can all get along.

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

But it's OK for you to force your ideals upon me in a public forum?

What "force" are you talking about? Stating one's opinions, and attempting to pursuade others to accept them, is to me, what these forums are about (the good one's anyway). And it can be done without being rude, as many (but not all) of the people with widely varying opinions have done on this thread.

A man never tells you anything until you contradict him

-George Bernard Shaw

(as I rub my hands waiting for more points! icon_wink.gif)

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by seneca:

Please get back to the original topic, which was, “Exercising free speech to complain about being fearful and disgusted by the homosexual lifestyle”

We've never met, and I really do you your latest cache, even though it was a tough go.

And now that I have flattered you with my ability to point out the obvious, thank you for helping me see the thinly veiled attempt by Jomarac5 to bring up a gay-bashing thread under the guise of geocaching enhancement.

I should have known all along that he was just a mean spirited person looking for an opportunity to start a gay-bashing thread, and that he was so crafty as to actually bring it up in such a way that it would have to be others reading between the lines and exposing the thread for what it was. Very clever. He even gets to claim 'he didn't do it'.

And now that we've come along this far, I want you to know just how fortunate it is that we have such keen level heads like some on this page, who are here to make our paths straight.

Like an arrow.

Shooting.

canadazuuk

quote:
Originally posted by eroyd:

This evolved thread is not about gay bashing. It's about pervert, faggot (or what ever) bashing. Those that blatantly advertise, aggressively persue and flaunt there sexual activity with PRIDE are nothing more. I would think the real mainstream gay community would be the first to condemn these people instead of going on there defense.

The way you point your compass is your business. Keep it that way and we can all get along.

Your use of the f-word in your above post is a derogative term referring to all homosexuals, not just those who arehaving sex in the woods, and does not belong in a forum like this.

FS

quote:
FlashStash wrote:

Your use of the f-word in your above post is a derogative term referring to all homosexuals, not just those who arehaving sex in the woods, and does not belong in a forum like this.

I would have to agree with FalshStash on this one. I'm sure from reading past posts by eroyd that it wasn't meant in the manner that it was presented. So let's consider the use of THAT word as an innocent and hastily emotional faux pas and excuse it.

But I agree with everything else that eroyd states.

ok you were all given a warning...I am closing the thread.

A few of you have attempted to bring this back to geocaching, and some of you just plain refuse. If you choose to start another topic on the safety of geocachers, please do so. But keep it on topic.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Happy Geocaching!

frog.gif hydee frog.gif