Kealia, you have a disburbing avatar.

Paul Ag

I'm a HUGE LOTR fan. My Mom read The Hobbit to me in kindergarden, then the LOTR books to me in first grade (she wanted to wait longer, but I had learned to read and found them and begged). By second grade, I was reading them myself and have re-read them each year ever since. I have fond memories of re-reading them in between studying for law school finals and the the bar exam (need to avoid new material at those times). Still.... I agree, the avatar is creepy! I think the movies have captured LOTR well and did very well with Gollum, but the avatar is still creepy! I won't boycott your posts though! Now, if Brian goes back to his creepy tooth guy avatar, I will have to boycott that. It gave me nightmares!

pokeanim3.gif

If you like his avatar then you are the type to like GeoGnome Caching

Have fun trading those gnomes and after you are done you can go in the woods and play D&D while dress in your elf outfit.

I know the type. 20 yrs ago, I threw my new D&D game in the trash after the freak I was playing with roled the dice to have sex with a elf. I have been scarred ever since. That was the end of my D&D, trolls, dragons, or anything else creeply phase.

Good Luck Cache Baggers

- Paul Ag

quote:
Have fun trading those gnomes and after you are done you can go in the woods and play D&D while dress in your elf outfit.

I know the type. 20 yrs ago, I threw my new D&D game in the trash after the freak I was playing with roled the dice to have sex with a elf. I have been scarred ever since. That was the end of my D&D, trolls, dragons, or anything else creeply phase.

I don't think that site equates at all with LOTR. D&D doesn't either. Also, was D&D aroud 20 years ago? I don't know for sure, but it seems younger than that. I was 16 then and I don't remember it being around until I was 21 or so. Regardless, they are completely different things. LOTR is NOT a D&D thing. Instead, it is a great bunch of books for those who like fantasy fiction. It is the best written out there! A really GREAT read! Not related at all to Gnomes or D&D unless D&D stole things from it (which I suppose is likely, I have never gotten into D&D)! Still, I agree that the avatar is creepy (but yet it is Gollum in the way many pictured him)!

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Also, was D&D aroud 20 years ago? I don't know for sure, but it seems younger than that. I was 16 then and I don't remember it being around until I was 21 or so.

History of D&D game per some D&D website:

1977 The D&D Basic Set is published.

I was in scarred for life in 6th grade so I was ... 12 and I am 31 now.

Sorry, I lump all that fantasy stuff together. I did like the movie though.

Good Luck Cache Baggers

- Paul Ag

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Ag:

20 yrs ago, I threw my new D&D game in the trash after the freak I was playing with roled the dice to have sex with a elf. I have been scarred ever since.

I don't know. Some of those elves in the movie are total babes... icon_wink.gif Got any dice?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:

...I know the type. 20 yrs ago, I threw my new D&D game in the trash after the freak I was playing with...

That sounds familiar but I just quit hanging with freaks.

...and then I went to college and found out they all followed me there. Then it hit me. Freaks are all around and you just have to deal with them. Worse they go into the closet when they grow up and fester privatly. Things were so much better when freaks were in the open. It kept them on more of an even keel.

I enjoyed D&D, even watched the cartoon when I was young. Even to this day, I watch any fantasy type movie, play Magic the Gathering, paper and online. Even go to Renassance Faires. It so much better than what is in real life. But I am strange (unique) that way.

I bought a GPS. Now I get lost with style.

quote:

If you like his avatar then you are the type to like http://www.gnome007.fsnet.co.uk/geognome.html#Finding

Good Luck Cache Baggers

- Paul Ag

Did the elf fail her saving throw?

We were going to start stuffing a bunch of our Tom Clark Cairn gnomes into caches, but most of the gnomes are too big. I will be stuck with my ex-wife's collectible gnome cr@p until I die, then they will be buried with me, I just know it. icon_frown.gif

130036_200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

Interesting stats. Guess I missed the early D&D years!

No, you really didn't miss anything. It didn't get interesting until the AD&D manuals came out.

I still have people who invite me over to game, and I'm 36! I'm too old to be a D&D Geek!

130036_200.gif

quote:

Good Luck Cache Baggers

- Paul Ag

Dude! Did you go to Willowridge HS? I think I knew that guy. Of course there was usually more than one in those geeky fringe groups. I went to 2 D&D club meetings and quickly made a fade. Imagine, people too freaky for me to tolerate....and I think circus freaks are cool. icon_eek.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThink parallel branes and five dimensions. Science never sounded so cool....

quote:
Originally posted by Brian - Team A.I.:

y'know, Gollum isn't all that bad. If anything, I'd haVe to say the piranha on radiation Snoogans has would cause me more midnight sweats. icon_smile.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

Watch out! Those things are loose in the sewers. One might swim up your pipes and bite you on your a$$. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Hmmm, now you have me wondering about all of these avatars. What does it all really mean? What would you find if you opend UMC's bucket? Is totemLake going to be okay? Is there really a Pika in Nebraska? I didn't think you ever found them below 8,000 feet or so.......

I really need to get out caching more.

quote:
I still have people who invite me over to game, and I'm 36! I'm too old to be a D&D Geek!

Yeah, I'm 36 too. Didn't get into D&D then and won't now. BUT I will admit that I am fairly eccentric and get into things that Renegade Night, from his post, might make him label me as a *freak.* E.g. I love anime and comics and have little toys all over my office (thank God that I have a job where I can act unprofessional). But I am very open about my eccentricities. I also don't try to push them on people or get way too serious about them, which is where I differ from some of those D&D, anime and comic freaks. People seem to be OK with my nerdy/geeky eccentricity, but I suppose some maybe never actually tell me they think I'm a geek (which I really am) and just talk about me behind my back. Oh well.... If that is true, they would be surprised to find that I agree with them but in a positive manner!

Oh! and I know that some co-workers think my geocaching hobby sounds nerdy/geeky and crazy!

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Is there really a Pika in Nebraska? I didn't think you ever found them below 8,000 feet or so.......

I have never seen a Pika in Nebraska, but did see one at around 7,500- 8,000 feet in Wyoming several years ago. The poor thing was hunkered up in a campground outhouse! My Pika actually is meant to be the Pokemon Pikachu, but I love regular Pika too!

pokeanim3.gif

Take the avatar off us! It burns us! Take it off!

Wow, take a few hours off the forum to actually go find a cache today and look what happens - I get a whole thread about little ole me!!

My first avatar was more like me - it was a my USA Hockey goalie mask but I got no reactions from that so......I changed to Gollum who I loved in both the books and movie. Went around for days giving my wife the creeps quoting the movie icon_biggrin.gif!

For the D&D thread - sorry never played the game but had a few friends that did. Have nothing to add to that discussion, sorry.

For those who are disturbed by the avatar - maybe I'll change it to Smeagol icon_wink.gif

BTW - That's not really Gollum. It's a picture of BrianSnat icon_smile.gif hahahaha......

quote:
BTW - That's not really Gollum. It's a picture of BrianSnat hahahaha......

You are a liar and you know it. Just to end any confusion, here is my photo: virgil.jpg

How about a biiiig kiss now?

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
My brother! I've finally found you!

I think not. One of my teeth are real. You've obviously had some dental work.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 06, 2003 at 06:11 PM.]

quote:
I will say though that I think I have seen the web site Brian's photo comes from. Maybe you posted it once or something, Brian? If I am right, it is really funny.

Ok, it comes from here.

I admit, it's not me. I have another tooth.

quote:
Originally posted by Brian - Team A.I.:

y'know, Gollum isn't all that bad. If anything, I'd haVe to say the piranha on radiation Snoogans has would cause me more midnight sweats. icon_smile.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

The one that gives me the heebies is that weird 3-d star with the eyball blinking in it... yeeesh.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:

Also, was D&D aroud 20 years ago? I don't know for sure, but it seems younger than that. I was 16 then and I don't remember it being around until I was 21 or so.

I played D&D in college in 1980. Gad, I guess I'm really dating myself here.

5307_1000.gif

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
I will say though that I think I have seen the web site Brian's photo comes from. Maybe you posted it once or something, Brian? If I am right, it is really funny.

Ok, it comes from http://www.mytrailerpark.com/.

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

I was on a trail in a National Forest at the crack of dawn. I didn't see a soul. There was one spider web after another across the trail so I knew no one had been by there, yet. Then I saw something that creeped me out - a hooded sweatshirt hanging in a branch and a pair of running shoes under them. They hadn't been there for too long - it wasn't like something that was abandoned. Needless to say, I was on my toes for a mile or so expecting to see someone who looked like this

quote:
Originally posted by mckee:

quote:

Interesting stats. Guess I missed the early D&D years!

No, you really didn't miss anything. It didn't get interesting until the AD&D manuals came out.

Your never too old to loose yourself in a world where you get to chop up people that **** you off. ;o)

As for having sex with elves it's better than those dadgum dirty humans. I'm 34 I play a 6'6" elf that's just over 250 lbs and carries a 6' sword. As I'm now lvl 16 < started this char the month before I got married in 91> I can do anything I please. Well almost. I hang with this hafling <hobbit> that has a habit of colecting things that were not her's. Over the years I've turned into her big bro ;o) The DM has even started thinking of a way to have my char quest for things ala geocaching. posably an orb or something that leads me to treasure or mail boxes left by the other elves in my order. We game about once a week and my daughter has been champing at the bit to goin us. I started when I was 11 in 1980 with AD&D I now play second edition < 3rd for those keeping score> She is now almost 12 and Dad is running out of excuses to keep it "guy's" night.

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

82CJ7 & 79F250

Herd of Turtles 4x4 club

quote:
Originally posted by Dream Alchemist:

...play Magic the Gathering...

I used to play in tournaments. My DCI rating put me in no danger of ever being a contender. Geocaching got in the way of playing more than once a blue moon. If we actually get some snow this winter I'll blow the dust off the collection. We tried the first version of LOTR. Cool cards good game but it wasn't a good enough to push aside MTG at the time. I just gave my son about 2000 of those cards.

I'm suprised Carleenp doesn't collect these things. Though they aren't anime.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp: I will say though that I think I have seen the web site Brian's photo comes from. Maybe you posted it once or something, Brian? If I am right, it is really funny.

Ok, it comes from http://www.mytrailerpark.com/.

Whats the deal with this...icon_rolleyes.gif

64784_1200.gifBeen there... Done that...

[This message was edited by CWL on September 03, 2003 at 11:49 AM.]

that msg is just a javascript thrown in to disable the right click menu to save images, it wont actually format your C: drive. Its just cheesy scripting to keep people from stealing images, though there are many other ways to do.

The easiest way is to click and drag the image up into the address bar. It will then just load the image without all the script and you are free to right click and save the image.

I bought a GPS. Now I get lost with style.