PICTURES - Geocaching Vehicle's Stuck

AmishHacker

My effort last Satruday.

6d66f821-6905-411b-878f-a527f36effec.jpg

Here is the text from my note:

I came up and over the crest of a hill and found myself, and my car, travelling down hill on a sheet of ice. This was the result. :D

Hmmm....maybe I'll just buy a tractor and start driving those from cache to cache....environmental impact? What's that? :D

This road is on the way to

this cache.

You get a DNF on that one Sparky? :D

Nope...found it back in late November or early December and almost broke my GMC pickup getting there, so I wanted to go back with a real vehicle just for kicks! Here's the log for that one!

Oh, and while I was there today, I had a Bald Eagle fly right over me at about 20 feet! Only the third one I've ever seen in this area in all my life! Awesome birds, they are! I had just put the camera away after taking this pic, and didn't get a shot of it. :blink:

For you folks that like video clips:

How to pull-out a stuck car

Can someone email me the link? It seems TPTB have removed it.

(P.S. CO Admin, I'm sure you had your reasons, but given how the edit was rather obvious, it would be nice if you posted your reason for doing so. Thanks)

Edited by GeckoGeek

We have been sticking our vehicles in the mud for the last two weeks. The first one was my Toyota Sienna van on the side of the rode.Wife said it looked solid.Took a tow truck to get out. Just in case that wasn't enough fun the very following weekend we did it again but luckily we were driving our GMC Jimmy so all we did was put it hi lock and got out. We will see how this weekend goes :rolleyes:

Sorry no pictures tow truck driver didn't have a camera.

For you folks that like video clips:

How to pull-out a stuck car

Can someone email me the link? It seems TPTB have removed it.

(P.S. CO Admin, I'm sure you had your reasons, but given how the edit was rather obvious, it would be nice if you posted your reason for doing so. Thanks)

Sorry, It was a very funny clip however the language was not appropriate for a family friendly site. If someone wants to edit the sound or delete the sound the visual part would be welcome back. It really was funny. For the record I received complaints which is why I pulled the link.

Edited by CO Admin
Sorry, It was a very funny clip however the language was not appropriate for a family friendly site. If someone wants to edit the sound or delete the sound the visual part would be welcome back. It really was funny. For the record I received complaints which is why I pulled the link.

I heard a rumor that it was actually Co Admin's car. <_<

Must've been his other horsey.....note the new one in his avatar. Or is that because someone beat his old one to death in the "Wilderness" thread? :unsure:

Ok....I actually got my new Jeep stuck yesterday, and dang, didn't have the camera with me. I got high centered on the river dike placing my new cache. Took about 5 minutes to get the jack out, lift one wheel, slide in a log, and back off of it. Didn't even scratch the paint off the skid plate....oh,well, better luck next time! <_<:rolleyes:

Ya gotta love Kansas! We're getting nailed with freezing rain and drizzle. I had planned on going to Wichita, but after seeing three serious wrecks in less than 3 miles, I decided to stay home. I didn't get a pic of the 2001 Jeep that rolled right in front of me, but here are two other 4wd vehicles that didn't have much luck on the ice. Sorry for the poor quality, but I shot from a moving vehicle so that I didn't become "part of the problem".

172989_3400.JPG

That was a Chevy (upside down) and a suburban, two of the three vehicles involved. This one is a Honda.....it was a fatality. :rolleyes:

172989_3500.JPG

Sorry, It was a very funny clip however the language was not appropriate for a family friendly site.

Ahhhh. Thanks for the reply. I don't know what it is about the human mind, but when things are edited and nothing is said, sinister motives start coming to mind... :rolleyes: I didn't even think of that angle. That makes me feel better.

Tix&Chiggers, I got the link. Thanks!

Edited by GeckoGeek
Sorry, It was a very funny clip however the language was not appropriate for a family friendly site.

Ahhhh. Thanks for the reply. I don't know what it is about the human mind, but when things are edited and nothing is said, sinister motives start coming to mind... <_< I didn't even think of that angle. That makes me feel better.

Tix&Chiggers, I got the link. Thanks!

Not a problem... I too didn't think about the language factor. OOPS! :rolleyes:

We were on our way back down the mountain to search for a new cache placement location, when we missed being part of this 4 car pileup by a couple seconds. Fortunately there were no serious injuries, since it took forever to get assitance up there.

Of the four cars involved (a Chevy, a Buick, a Jeep, a Subaru) only the upended Subaru drove away from this!

71247_4900.jpg