PICTURES - Geocaching Vehicle's Stuck

AmishHacker

OMG! You folks are killing me. Between the stories, avitars and sig lines I'm dying here, stop it already stop it!

Hey guys, you might try mountain biking it, we never get stuck!  :rolleyes:

Yeah that's right... never happens to bikes...

bicycletree.jpg

biketree.jpg

ow_36.jpg

Edited by Doc-Dean

I haven;t gotten stuck while geocaching yet. But, on one caching trip we did over 75 miles on some rough dirt roads in the west desert of Utah. When we finally made it back to civilization (a truck stop 50 miles from home), I got out and heard a hissing sound. I checked the tires. One of them was just settling onto the rim, and another one was already there!!! I had one spare, and a can of fix a flat. The tire was too trashed for the fix a flat to hold it, so we had to get towed back home and buy 2 new tires.

dino_hunters

I got stuck going to a cache in Russia. The military wasn't very happy. Here are the <A HREF="http://ufo_pictures.tripod.com/russia.html" TARGET=_blank>pictures</A> icon_wink.gif<!--graemlin:B)--><BR><BR>"I'm 35 Years old, I am divorced, and I live in van down by the river!" - Matt Foley

Bah on that... the dish is buried in the ground at such an angle that it would have needed to come THROUGH those perfect trees growing up behind it. ;)

172989_1400.JPG

This is my brother's S-10.  2 minutes after I pulled him out of the creek, he sank it to the frame at the edge of the wheat field.  That one took a bit more time to yank out than the first one.

He figured since you were still there, he might as well go for it. You could always pull him out again.

...and again. B)

I should have taken a pic of this one and my truck when I was done.....then carleenp would see what dirty really is! ;)

Hey Suspect,<BR><BR>    Good to see another XOC'er on here.  See avatar.<BR><BR>Jason<BR><BR>SO THAT ONE MAY WALK IN PEACE.......

I am a fellow XOCer also. Check my avatar.

I just got my new Xterra on Saturday. I can't wait to push it finding some caches on the forest service roads around here.

Maybe I'll be able to post some pics here. Hope not.

Funny, I noticed the XOC forum has a geocaching section.

So did you get the cache?

No I got to within 0.5 of a mile away from the cache before sinking, So I decided to walk down the hill with my young daughter who was with me to arrange help to get the truck towed out. I will get back to that one another time when I can walk up the hill and claim the cache

Don't let the cache beat you. :bad:

Stuck? whats that?

My Cache-mobile is fairly well equiped

(I'm a Jeep Jamboree Trail-Guide)

redwheelin.jpg

No, it's not stuck here, just posing for a picture :lol:

Dual ARB's,( air locking differentials )

4.56 Gears

36" SuperSwamper tires

7" Lift / 23" ground clearance

9500lb Warn Winch

full skid plates

Hi-Lift Jack

Shovel

JerryCans

Extra Parts and Tools

(and My GPS of course)

...and if I'm in real trouble, CB and Ham Radio

It's not often I let a little rock in the road slow me down

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

More action photo's Here: http://community.webshots.com/user/bjotf

Hard to tell from this angle, but this is a fairly steep Hill climb,

with a large rutt right up the middle...

ruthill.jpg

wheelie.jpg

This one is my favorites, I drove out of a real pickle with 3 tires in the air,

just needed a little nudge from my buddy to get me back on all fours

Better pics of the whole climb Here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/42307295PJnCRt

More info on my Jeep here: http://members.shaw.ca/ecojeeper/indexpage.html

Edited by JoeyTomato
Until I get stuck this will have to do. I'm not saying that a Land Cruiser can't get stuck, just that I never have. 

Hey Rusty, nice 40!....'75 or '76?

It's a, well kinda like that Johnny Cash song, a 1973,74,75,76,77 automobile. We just go with '75 for DMV. :lol:

Thats a nice Jeep, will I ever see it on the Rubicon?

Edited by rusty_tlc

Thats a nice Jeep, will I ever see it on the Rubicon?

Not sure I'll ever get that far south, but I'd sure love to go.

I live in Edmonton Alberta (Canada eh!)

Here's something you guys may enjoy, Its' a video clip of my Jeep doing a Rocky Mountain River Rescue pulling out two other Jeeps (at the Same time)

First one stalled, second one got hung up on a hidden boulder trying to pull him out. Guess they didnt pay attention and follow my line.

http://members.shaw.ca/spound/julylong_02/julylong02_pt2.wmv

That was a fun day!

Edited by JoeyTomato
I did not get stuck here, on the weekend I placed Off The Road Again:

63622_200.jpg

Ahhh.....I was about to ask you if that pic was at Paragon, but I see you're the one that has the cache there...

What trail was that pic on?...looks like Sleepy Hollow, Turtle Rocks, or maybe the flat part of Wompom...??

I cant wait to get back down there this spring or summer.....I even have a TB that needs to go to a Jeep Jamboree at Paragon....

What trail was that pic on?...looks like Sleepy Hollow, Turtle Rocks, or maybe the flat part of Wompom...??

I cant wait to get back down there this spring or summer.....I even have a TB that needs to go to a Jeep Jamboree at Paragon....

Pic was taken at Rattler's Tail. I really like that trail a lot.

You have a travel bug with a goal to attend the Paragon Jamb??? I think I'll go put that on my Watch List right now!

It's a, well kinda like that Johnny Cash song, a 1973,74,75,76,77 automobile. We just go with '75 for DMV.

Hehehe.... Sounds like my 80 Hilux.....

So far, whats left of my '40 is all 74.....I even got the 4spd with the 3spd case from the factory... B)

Do you use rusty_tlc as yer handle on POR also?

Pic was taken at Rattler's Tail. I really like that trail a lot.

You have a travel bug with a goal to attend the Paragon Jamb??? I think I'll go put that on my Watch List right now!

huh...I havent been at that end of the park yet....

I've only been on a few trails, and mostly riding shotgun... B)

Oh yeah, so did you speak to Kyle about placing the cache there?

What was his position on the whole caching thing?

I know they have some abandoned mines in there.....wonder if he would allow a couple more caches.... ???

Edited by Cracker.

I haven't gotten stuck while geocaching yet since around Sacto the caches are mainly the drive up in a parking lot and go search caches (although there are some great areas near the American River Parkway).

On the subject of trails and wheeling related to caching. Over Memorial Day 2003 I was up at the Rubicon and there was lots of snow up there. Was a real bear to get anywhere past Little Sluice (everyone doing the bypass as the snow was very deep) Anyways I found a Case Logic 48 count CD case that was filled with CDs, since I was hiking back to the Jeep about a mile away I didn't feel like carrying them so I made a waypoint. Right now I image burried under 3-5 feet of snow, but if anyone is going up in May or June I'll post the coordinates.

The most recent picture of me not really stuck just posing is here:

Ol' Red playing in the snow Mormon Emigrant Gap (off of Sly Park Road)

Happy Trails.