Is it a sign of the times?

LaPaglia

I have noticed that the forums are a little more, shall we say, intense lately? I am going to attribute it to the tension caused by current state of world affairs.

I can see no other reason for sane adults to be behaving like bloody twits!

I may be wrong and I am sure that I am going to get flamed by this. However, I can not understand the unbridled passion that people are showing regarding some fairly silly ideas.

Locationless, Virts, Admins, Approvers, Puppys for food. Is it me or are these just a little minor and small in the grand scheme of things.

Its a game, if you dont like it dont play. *****ing wont help. I hate Monopoly so I NEVER play it. keeps me from getting all upset and bent out of shape.

Ok just my thoughts. I borrowed Mopar's Nomex suit so, Flame On!

Michael

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

quote:
Originally posted by Lapaglia:

Its a game, if you don't like it don't play. *****ing wont help. I hate Monopoly so I NEVER play it. keeps me from getting all upset and bent out of shape.

Hate monopoly! That is the greatest board game ever invented! I love it. Anyone with as few finds as you shouldn't comment on a game you obviously don't understand. The social/financial dynamics are just too much for someone with only 9 finds. Go find some caches, play something more your speed like Sorry, and THEN say you don't like monopoly.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

You see, this is what forums are about. Express your opinion and gripe and moan when others become critical.

This is why I have become a little LESS critical toward what others post.

For me, it has become alot easier to tolerate dumb forum posts [icon_smile.gif], as I post some dumb ones occasionally.

Mopar, what a loser, attacking a fine forum citizen like Lapaglia, and his noble thoughts. Why don't you go bother the folks over on the online Monopoly forums? Spend your days debating whether it's proper to pay fines onto the "Free Parking" square, and whether the blue Park Place/Boardwalk monopoly is "overrated." Flame those people who make "mistakes" when handing out change from the bank. Defend the merits of the new "locationless property" version of the game. Suck up to the admins who run the online Monopoly tournaments. And while you're at it, start a Monopoly chatroom on IRC.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

I think it's a sign of the times, but on a much smaller scale than what you're speaking of...........We all have spring fever! My husband and I are about to kill each other. We get like this every year about this time. We are sooooo ready to get out of this house/prison. Alas! It's going to be in the 50's tomorrow and Saturday..............I'm OUTTA here!!!

As a side note..........I'm not a Monopoly player either. I always end up playing with someone that buys up all the properties, takes all my money and rubs my nose in it. AGH!!

Anyone for a game of Sorry? icon_biggrin.gif he he he!

Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.

Spring Fever: icon_eek.gif

Well its about a week to Spring and soon the Hills will be passable. We can get out and

list our VIRTUAL CACHES that are on the

road to those surreptitous AMMO BOX DELIGHTS. Those containers full of egregious McD's left overs, moldy WTF's and the Log Book where you can read some real profound statements. Like "I wasn't sure if I had the coordinates right the map doesn't show a trail." icon_razz.gif

Soon the snow will melt and all those places that didn't have a location before will have a location now, but you will need a digital camera to prove you are someplace. icon_confused.gif

With the advent of nice weather we will all be able to get out there, but our desires to place a decent cache will still be up to the ex cathedra of the approvers and their mystical powers of deception. icon_rolleyes.gif

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.

quote:
Originally posted by Cheesehead Dave:

What the heck is up with Monopoly these days anyway? About tem years ago, I thought it was pretty cool when I got a Star Wars Monopoly set as a gift. The other day I was at the mall and saw:

+ Simpsons Monopoly

+ Scooby-Doo Monopoly

+ NASCAR Monopoly

+ Disney Monopoly

+ Pokemon Monopoly

Where will it all end?

- - - - -

http://www.wi-geocaching.com/

Geocaching Monopoly, where else?

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

quote:

What the heck is up with Monopoly these days anyway?

Where will it all end?

Since everyone already owned the original, they couldn't make any more money off of it without some changes. Sure, they only changed the pictures, but do soap companies really have a different product when they advertise "New and Improved"? icon_confused.gif

--------------------------------------------

This signature line intentionally left blank

This coming from a guy who gets upset cuz HE'S the one with the hamtster avatar! LOL icon_wink.gif

And Mopar, I hate monopoly too, and I'm in real estate! Hahahaha. Go figure.

What I do love are light hearted threads to bring us all back to earth, keep it up.

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

I see the same thing on other on-line forums not related to geocaching.

It is just an Internet thing, I think. It has been happening for quite some years, and is not solely related to current events.

The easy way is to ignore those posts you don't like...... icon_biggrin.gif

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

Monopoly is lame. People who like Monopoly should be banned. All the cool and smart people play Scrabble.

O! and yoo peoples realy need too learn how too spel corectley. I cant beleive how dum some peoples is.

http://outbreakcorp.hypermart.net/animation/pokemon/pokeanim3.gif

Hmmm, what if I enjoy both Monopoly AND Scrabble? Isn't there room for people who like both? Btw Carleen, if you like Scrabble, you will LOVE Wordox! Stop by my chat room sometime and hop in a game with us! (PS, watch out for Kablooey and ClayJar, they might look dumb, but they know lots of big words!)

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Mopar with one more post you will have posted 1000 times, they should give you a gold TB for that! icon_wink.gif LOL

Some of it is due to spring fever! I can't wait till I can have my windows open and enjoy that outdoor life, but of course I will be in here on the computer most of it. icon_rolleyes.gif

The early bird gets the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

quote:
Hmmm, what if I enjoy both Monopoly AND Scrabble? Isn't there room for people who like both? Btw Carleen, if you like Scrabble, you will LOVE Wordox! Stop by my chat room sometime and hop in a game with us! (PS, watch out for Kablooey and ClayJar, they might look dumb, but they know lots of big words!)

Looks interesting. I might check it out sometime, as long as you promise not to talk about Monopoly. icon_biggrin.gif

pokeanim3.gif

Went caching 2 weeks ago in Sydney; it's still summer there. Then last week in Fiji; it's always summer there. icon_cool.gif

In the U.S. this week; and I hope to find caches in Germany and Greece next week. You folks are welcome to come along if you promise not to whine about the weather. icon_biggrin.gif

The Swedes have a saying, "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing."

But if you find yourself trapped inside and the walls are closing in, just grab an ammo box, pop the lid open, and take a deep whiff; The sweet smell should bring back memories of geocaching past and soothe your troubled souls.

(Let the envious libel begin... icon_wink.gif)

Worldtraveler

Lapaglia:

I'm speechless.

I guess my only real comment is what kind of compensation tool is that in front of the fluffy whatsit in the picture on your profile?

Someone with ony 5 hides shouldn't be showing equipment like that. I mean others might get jealouse and have to go get one for themselvs and I don't know if I can get one with a bigger protusion, because as Criminal has shown us with that huge appendage on his GPS V, size does matter.

Maybe I wasn't speechless after all.

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Lapaglia:

I'm speechless.

I guess my only real comment is what kind of compensation tool is that in front of the fluffy whatsit in the picture on your profile?

Someone with ony 5 hides shouldn't be showing equipment like that. I mean others might get jealouse and have to go get one for themselvs and I don't know if I can get one with a bigger protusion, because as Criminal has shown us with that huge appendage on his GPS V, size does matter.

Maybe I wasn't speechless after all.

Wherever you go there you are.

Im sorry, but that sounds like protusion envy to me. I don't believe I should be punished just because mines bigger than yours.

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cannonlaw:

You can only like Scrabble and Monopoly if you keep your Monopoly stats seperate from your Scrabble stats. I don't want all you Monopoly lovers talking about winning 100 "games" if you are including Monopoly (a game of Luck) wins with your Scrabble (pure Skill) wins.

I have my doubts as to the "pure skill" of Scrabble when I have a rack that looks like E E E I I O U

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:

What the heck is up with Monopoly these days anyway? About tem years ago, I thought it was pretty cool when I got a Star Wars Monopoly set as a gift.

I have an Original Star Wars Monopoly that was never opened. Still in the sealed wrapper!

Capn Skully

"To live only for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the tops." Robert M. Persig

ROFL icon_biggrin.gif

My wife says I am too verbose... so I am trying to author shorter posts - making a point in as few as words as possible. icon_smile.gif

Seriously, I had half-typed posts in two threads, ran out of time, and foolishly hit submit vs. the BACK button - since you cannot delete a post, you have to make it empty.

-J

quote:
Originally posted by worldtraveler:

quote:
Originally posted by TeamJiffy:

As they also did http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=8080979883&m=6450924555&r=9840989555#9840989555, but I'm just wondering, "Why?" icon_confused.gif

Worldtraveler

Wondering why anyone would post a recap of a Scrabble game on a Geocahing forum, Lapaglia mumbled:

quote:

...decoding the grid and using the word values times the placement on the grid the cache is located at N39 36.780 W104 44.176

Is that right?

Nope -- you first clue should have been that I'm in Michigan and the coords you came up with are somewhere in Colorado.

I really was just surprised anyone else would be talking about Scrabble here, so I posted the recap of a recent and impressive match.

Now, the idea of hiding clues in some Scrabble related format, let me think ...

Nah, too psychotic even for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee David Rimar:

Wondering why anyone would post a recap of a Scrabble game on a Geocahing forum, Lapaglia mumbled:

quote:

...decoding the grid and using the word values times the placement on the grid the cache is located at N39 36.780 W104 44.176

Is that right?

Nope -- you first clue should have been that I'm in Michigan and the coords you came up with are somewhere in Colorado.

I really was just surprised anyone else would be talking about Scrabble here, so I posted the recap of a recent and impressive match.

Now, the idea of hiding clues in some Scrabble related format, let me think ...

Nah, too psychotic even for me.

Cant be that wrong, I went to those coords and found a cache!

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif