Why do people leave Junk?

Xitron

While the main reason for caching is to have fun and see new places, the secondary reason is to find the cache. My question is why someone would think why a trade for a geocoin and a dollor was a good trade for stickers? I have seen alot of caches where interesting things were replaced with McDonalds rejects and other junk no one would ever want. Please post your point of view on this if you think I am right or way off. Either way cache on!

You are right. Nobody's looking for gold, but serious, why leave broken toys, a shoe, or food. Some guy here uses a candy name as a nick and think's it's clever to leave the candy of that name. What part of NO food confuses him? Probably the same part that confuses folks when the rule is "TRADE FAIR". icon_mad.gif

[ / rant off ] Thanks for letting me 'vent' icon_smile.gif

I see you guys are new to the board (and possibly to geocaching also) - so you haven't seen that this topic has been discussed to death. You could do a search and find dozens of threads on this topic.

The general consensus is that a lot of experienced cachers rarely trade. A lot of newer people don't understand the concept of trading even. The laws of geocaching state that a caches contents will degrade over time unless an outside force (the cache owner) replineshes it regularly.

I personally rarely trade.

I can't answer why people make crappy trades - all I can say is get used to it ;(

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

Part of it could be that the person thought that they were making a fair trade (One man's trash, etc). Another might be that the person didn't have a "fair" trade with them, so did the best they could for something they were surprised to find and really wanted.

That Quack Cacher:

Lone Duck

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.

Yes I am new to caching, but I always follow the rule you get what you pay for. I cannot understand why someone whould leave geo trash for a geo coin. Maybe its just me but it just does not seem right. I still love the experience though so cache on all.

I was going to say that I have no desire to trade anything, it's all about the hunt. I do intend to take my small children, they will probably want to trade, they like shiny things.

On a side note, right before I hit the Post Now button, my 1 year old son woke the neighborhood up screaming and running through the house, i'll trade him...

icon_razz.gif

Check my scandalous stories, site, and my fishing skills

icon_mad.gif I must protest your implication that stickers qualify as "junk"! I leave cat stickers almost all the time. They're cute, colorful and FUN. If you ask me, the primary purpose is finding the cache! Seeing new places is an added bonus. Trading trinkets is just part of the fun. If someone chooses to leave an expensive item, it's just the good luck of the finder who chooses to take it, unless the cache owner decides to post some stringent rules. Just my thoughts. icon_cool.gif

InkyCat (the "Island Girl")

I rarely do the TN/LN mainly because I feel it might offend the cache owner. Usually do it only in cases where I'm in a very big hurry due to weather or some other scenerio or I just forgot to bring anything with me. There's just about always something to take even if it might get traded in the next cache. May even trash it if it's trash but I still wouldn't log it that way.

I think it would be perfectly OK for someone to leave McDonalds toys or stickers, as long as they take something equally crappy. And some kids might really like a couple of stickers for their scrapbook.

Personally, if I leave something in a Rubbermaid in the woods, it's the same as giving it away; I won't be sore no matter what. Anyway, the only way to prevent that from happening is to stand there 12/7 and watch the tub.

Best Wishes,

Bob

quote:
Originally posted by Xitron:

Well just one final thought before I head to bed for the night, if you leave geo junk you suk. Thats the bottom line!

You seem to be speaking out of both sides of your mouth on this issue.

Above you say your reason for geocaching is getting out and seeing new places. If that's the case, then what do you care what other people leave in caches? My boys have personally been thrilled with with McToys (especially my soon to be 8 year old) and I've seen other logs where other kids were just as thrilled getting McToys as well. My boys, otoh, could care less about signature items and have proclaimed them "junk" when encountering them in a cache. Does that mean that signature items, like painted stones, etc., are geojunk? I think not, but in their opinion, they don't see any value in them whatsoever.

I agree that one should always try to trade up when trading items and even that's not always possible. As noted above, stickers can become signature items by geocachers as well, so to include that as junk might become offensive to some people.

Everyone has their own definition of what geojunk actually is. You obviously have a lower threshhold than others do. Please don't knock other people, just because they don't have your high expectations when it comes to trading.

5307_1000.gif

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Why?

Because they can.

If the geo police jumped out of the bushes and beat the living snot out of them on bad trades they would soon quit.

That's not going to happen so we can look forward to a long and lasting relationship with the bad trade farie.

How about if we start "outing" them? (_________) Although i do like the beat the living snot out idea icon_wink.gif

To be clear, if someone like InkyCat trades stickers for stickers, hey, that's kewl! he/she has fun and sticks with the "trade fair" rule. Everyone wins!

My post was more towards the folks like sept1c_tank brought up. A quarter for a 5 spot?

Someone mentioned "One mans trash..." That really doesn't work. Simple trade idea. Pretend you were gonna buy the trade item. Does the item you are leaving have the same (similar) price tag as the "take" item?

quote:
I see you guys are new to the board (and possibly to geocaching also) - so you haven't seen that this topic has been discussed to death. You could do a search and find dozens of threads on this topic.

Eh... that's true. The thing is, while newbies could find topics on a lot of things, it's much better to get to ask your own questions and get up to date answers from people answering YOU. By the way... I don't have many posts but I am not new to the forums... been around here mostly lurking for a year now.

I have my own personal story about not trading evenly. In the first cache I ever hid, I wanted to place some really nice items in it. I put a 60 dollar webcam in it and a 300 dollar digital camera that was broken, but for 20 bucks it could be fixed. By no means did I expect anyone to trade evenly for those. I DID expect people to at least trade for it though. Whoever it was (I don't remember who...) left nothing! Took both cameras! If I remember right, the person had only found 2 caches prior to that one. Ugh, that really ticked me off. Oh well...

People leave junk because no one is going to see them do it. Lots of people would steal money if no one would know they did it... Fortunately, most geocachers would not. I find that usually (at least around here) people trade evenly or trade up 90% of the time.

Myself... I only trade for signature items for the most part. Sometimes Shannon will see something she likes and we'll trade 2 or 3 equal things from our swag bag for it. I always leave our signature item and card no matter what and if there's a signature item in the cache... I have no problem taking it. I feel like my sig item is pretty sweet on it's own and if I am trading for another I shouldn't need to put anything else in, though sometimes I do if the cache is getting pretty empty or has lame trade items inside.

-Zach

-Team Zen-

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I guess Xitron absolutely goes ape $hit when he passes a yard sale or flea market.

I believe we all know not to trade junk for the spendy items, huh?

**I return with an edit**

I really couldn't help it, but I had to do a little research on WHAT has got Xitron all flamed about the crappy trades.

Upon looking at the 20 some finds, I couldn't really see what junk previous cachers left.

Seems like there were decent trade items left before Xitrons finds.

Hmm.... Then where DID Xitron get rubbed the wrong way? Beats me.

48511_5100.JPG

Green acres is the place to be.....

[This message was edited by opey one on August 31, 2003 at 07:50 AM.]

you can't continually trade up, otherwise sooner or later, you'll have to end up with a diamond ring or gold brick in the cache. someone is going to have to take instead of give at some point.

if you don't like the cash stash, then get the $hit out of the game. this is a game, cachers are not here to find treasure worth a nats @ss, they are here for the game.

Creativity Within The Bounds Of Conformity

icon_biggrin.gif

While my husband and I are not hard core cachers,(we are both in our mid fifties and tend towards the easier caches and virtuals) we find more pleasure out of leaving treasures then taking them. We are in this to see the country, share a picnic lunch and laugh and talk while enjoying this sport. I think if you take pleasure in what you leave then other will too.

From the land of the new SuSe user:

The topic has been discussed.

TNLNSL is a cop out that avoids dealing with this problem by making it the cache owner's and the next cachers problem.

Outing a cacher who leaves bad trades is, at first glance, a satisfying option. Maybe it would work, but you would P*ss off a lot of people who had their cache trades deemed unacceptable before the world of geocaching. Many of these people don't use the forums due to their general distaste for the flames and OT threads. They would not see the warnings, etc until it was too late.

The way to do it is to go with theme caches, and geocaching advice/coaching for new people. If you start out as a new player and learn what makes a good trade, then you will be less likely to trash a cache later on.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nebraskache/

Just getting back from doing a benchmark and cache today and thought I should reply to opey one's post. He stated "Upon looking at the 20 some finds, I couldn't really see what junk previous cachers left". Well if you were with me on those caches and had to pour through the ton of junk not listed in the logs maybe you'd have a better idea. Since you weren't with me then I guess you are assuming you know more then you do. I find it hard to believe that you have never been to a cache that has had broken toys, parts of toys or other junk that you your children or pet would ever consider bringing home. As for georappers post of "if you don't like the cash stash, then get the $hit out of the game. this is a game, cachers are not here to find treasure worth a nats @ss, they are here for the game". I like caching because it gets me out and I get to see new places, the problem I have is with people who do not take in to consideration the time and effort some cachers take when placing items meaningful to them and replace it with a 4th generation McToy missing a head. I'm new to this and planning my first hide I already have gotten most of what I need to place, but am discouraged by what I've seen in other caches. Why do I want to give a Handmade walking stick to the first finder if he leaves a piece of junk for the next cacher?

Speaking as someone with few finds under my belt due to having been in the game only a month or so but with hours of forum time in my arsenal, I have to speak for the newbies. Our first find, I had never been to this web page, didn't own a GPS and found it by dumb luck, an accidental web hit (hit the cache page looking for something else and read over it but never clicked over to geocaching.com for more information.)

We simply didn't come prepared and didn't have a true feel for the sport or how it should be played. I emptied the five quarters that were in my pocket as a trade item at that cache.

As we educate ourselves more, we get smarter and better about trading. The bulk of that education comes from the posts made in this forum. If old timers or long timers ever get tired of educating newbies, then IMHO, they should allow other less aggravated folks to pick up the task.

Snarky nasty comments only tend to scare newbies away from the forums and therefore lengthens the learning curve, which only escalates the frustration level of all concerned.

Face it folks, this sport is growing by leaps and bounds and we/y'all might as well embrace it and continue to mentor those coming up behind you. I appreciate those tireless posters who never seem to get weary of answering the same questions over and over again, because the question is still new to the person who's asking it. The more we can educate future cachers, the better the sport remains for us all.

That said, some folks will leave junk, some nothing at all, some will plunder and steal. We're not likely to fix all that ails mankind in our little sport. Take a breath...there's still plenty to celebrate.

quote:
...If old timers or long timers ever get tired of educating newbies, then IMHO, they should allow other less aggravated folks to pick up the task....

Well said jarja_grl. I missed the cut off for old timer by a few months so I'm still a young punk by geo-standards. However when I do get tired of answering "what GPS should I buy" I'll drop out make a few lives easier and some other young punk cacher can pick up the gauntlet. A few are already contending. The nice thing about the forums is there is always room for one more post.

If Renegade Knight is a young punk then I'm still in diapers.

A new question, do you think if a cache is placed in a very difficult location where small children cannot access, will people still trade down instead of up? Alot of peeps say its the children who leave the junk, I'm thinking thats just an excuse.

quote:

I like caching because it gets me out and I get to see new places

...Then why the rant about what was left in the cache???

I will adjust my first statement a bit.

No I was not with you on your finds and did NOT physically see you pour out all of that junk.

Too bad that you have cachers in your area leaving all that trash (the broken toys and all).

If anything, they should be the ones criticizing you instead of me. I know I would get nasty if someone claimed I left junk in the cache.

Sorry for the toe step, Xitron!

48511_5100.JPG

I thought I pretty much summed up my position with "the problem I have is with people who do not take in to consideration the time and effort some cachers take when placing items meaningful to them and replace it with a 4th generation McToy missing a head." Did you not read the whole post? Then then you say that the others should criticize me?? FOR WHAT?? posting that they leave crap? A top half of a drivers license is not considered cache material in any place i know of, what about a headless toy, is that something you'd wrap up and give to your children on his/her birthday? Caching is not all about the swap, but no one wants to walk miles in the woods to reclaime someones garbage that they no longer wanted.

I leave my army paratroopers in every cache and take something - they are like 6 for $2 or something like that - but all items I take end up going into caches I hide - so in the end, it really isn't about the trade. It is fun to get good stuff - and I got nice stuff from a cache once and decided to put some nice stuff in my first multi. Either way - just decide what is important to you and follow it.

Shut up and cache!

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

I guess Xitron absolutely goes ape $hit when he passes a yard sale or flea market.

I believe we all know not to trade junk for the spendy items, huh?

**I return with an edit**

I really couldn't help it, but I had to do a little research on WHAT has got Xitron all flamed about the crappy trades.

Upon looking at the 20 some finds, I couldn't really see what junk previous cachers left.

Well, ain't that a friendly hello.

Guess we can lock down this thread / topic now, "opey one" says the problem / issue doesn't exist icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by georapper:

you can't continually trade up, otherwise sooner or later, you'll have to end up with a diamond ring or gold brick in the cache. someone is going to have to take instead of give at some point.

I specificly mentioned not lookin for gold. icon_smile.gif

quote:

if you don't like the cash stash, then get the $hit out of the game. this is a game, cachers are not here to find treasure worth a nats @ss, they are here for the game.

I'm in it because I enjoy all the "friendly people" such as yourself you meet while cachin' icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh and if nobody's in it to find stuff, why were "virtuals" just banned icon_biggrin.gif

If we find what we consider junk or undesireable items, then we won't trade anything...if we felt the cache was something that a lot of effort was put in, we will leave something in it. My son stated just today, that he hates to go to the longer distant placed caches and find junk in it. We've started doing a lot more of TNLN's lately.

When we trade, we try to trade evenly. I think whoever does the obvious uneven thing is twice a fool. Once for doing it and secondly for logging that they did it. Might as well hang a neon sign around their neck...

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

When it comes to McToys, if they are still in their package they are the 1st thing my daughter will grab. I've always tried to trade even or improve the contents of caches I find. I also watch the cache logs to see if others take the item I left, to see what is desirable to other cachers. I usually leave new items I purchased for this purpose. I DON"T expect others to do the same, so I am not disappointed when they do not.

Caches get filled with junk over time for other reasons also. For example I left an used Pez dispenser in a cache once because my 3 year old daughter insisted she wanted to trade that. We also left an All-in-One remote and some other trinket so I feel we improved the cache. The Pez dispenser will probably stay in that cache as the cache collects other junk for various reasons as time goes by. Then someone will come along and people are just trading junk.

One thing that does bug me still is seeing logs where people think a sticker or calling card is a trading item. Sure leave them, but I would rather see you trade with a Barbie doll leg or arm then a calling card. At least my daughter can collect the doll parts and make a whole doll one day.

Don't let the junk bother you, it got there for various reasons.

I get the sense that the junk in caches is being blamed mostly on newbies. I also see when users that usually log a TNLN find something of value in a cache they take it and leave a couple of coins because they just don't carry trading items anymore and they want that $10-$20 item. Shame. They should just leave it and continue TNLN.

Just some rambling thoughts.

Took tupperware container - Left nothing.

You know the saying...One man's junk is another's treasure.

The worst I saw was USED playdough in a cache. Yuck!

The dollar store near me often buys out stores. I got brand new Nintendo adaptors and other things with 15-30 dollar price tags from Zainy Brainy on them for 1.00.

My daughter left for college and was going to trash all her PEz collection. I tossed them in my stash bag. Many people collect Pez's. She was going to trash her Phish and NOFX etc. collections as she is "too big" or does not like them. Again, I put them in stash.

Although they are used, some people may love these things.

And like all say...it is NOT about the stuff, but the search, and the time spent with my kids and hubby out doors.

I beg to differ with a number of posts, but some of it really IS about the stuff. That said, I don't see what the fuss is about. If you find a cache with a bunch of junk, it seems to me that there are two quite reasonable things you can do:

1. TNLN, or

2. Get rid of some of the junk and leave something really nice. You will instantly rejuvinate a cache and perhaps attract others to it.

I just came back from a trip through Arizona and, while I wasn't able to do much caching, I did find one cache in an absolutely beautiful location that was pretty swag-depleted, so I TN and left a couple of really nice items - partly as a thank-you to the cache owner for a great experience and partly in the hopes that the swag might give another cacher yet one more reason to find this great spot.

Anyone who pretends the swag doesn't matter only needs to witness an event like the Geocaching Challenge in San Diego County at the beginning of June. Two of 24 caches had certificates for new Magellans and most of the caches had some other really great items...and there were cachers crawling out of the woodwork hoping for a FTF!

And it's funny someone should mention finding gold. My first cache was a theme cache, and the theme was gold. I included, among many other things, a real gold nugget, a real gold coin and some other valuable items. The cache traffic has been great - and most people have stuck to the theme. Sure, it cost a few bucks, but it was worth it to see the reactions of people who found the cache.

I always try (although I'm sure I do not always succeed, since it is quite subjective) to leave more in terms of value than I take. And I usually try to 'reward' a cache that has been well thought-out and/or provided me with a memorable experience. I know I'm always thrilled to find something like a classical cassette or CD or another item of swag that turns me on, and I hope others are as tickled when they come along behind me and find a gold nugget or a nice quartz crystal or a radio or a boxed set of Xacto knives or one of my signature Scenic Cache cards that I've left for them.

But I just don't see the point in getting bent out of shape because some people leave junk. It takes all kinds, and griping isn't going to change anything. No one is forcing anyone to take broken McToys, so if you encounter them, just let it roll - or even better, do what you can to beef the cache up for the cache owner who cared enough to put the cache out there in the first place. You might even make some new friends.

Maybe there are some folks out there for whom the stuff is not a factor, but I'd bet a bunch that they're a very small minority. This is a treasure hunt, after all, and part of the fascination is wondering what you'll encounter when you open that new-found treasure chest. Can anyone deny at least a bit of a rush happening when they find a cache and open it? It has nothing to do with greed or acquisitveness - it's that little kid inside each of us opening the pirate's treasure, the Christmas present - and if I have the opportunity to put a little jewel in there among the pebbles to provide someone else that moment of surprise and delight then I'll gladly do it, because it gives me at least as much pleasure as it does them.

Peace,

Radical Geezer

As someone who has a few finds and hides under his belt, I would like to add my own thoughts to this! I love the hunt more than anything right now but I still get excited when I find the cache and slowly open the lid to see what is in there...it is almost like christmas time! I always trade something but I tend to leave more than what I take! If I come across a cache that is weak in swag, I do not mind helping out! I mean, I stock up on items weekly at the three diffferent dollar stores I shop at! Even Wal-Marts put things that are cool on sale for a dollar or less! I like to clean out the broken toys and coupons and that is what I trade for! Unless there is something really cool that I need! Speaking of broken toys, when you were a kid, did you ever have a broken toy that was like a favorite and you would not get rid of it for the world? I am sure some kid out caching with the family saw something that made him want to get rid of his favorite toy for it!

Now of course, there is no excuse for the low lifes icon_rolleyes.gif that do leave some crap like coupons and used golf balls and such. Just enjoy the sport and help out the cache with some cool things and watch the people go for them in the logs!

Darkmoon

All you have to do to fly is throw yourself at the ground and miss!

quote:

...what about a headless toy, is that something you'd wrap up and give to your children on his/her birthday?

Probably not, but you could get rather creative with it nonetheless.

Doug, I lost my Head! wasn't found in a cache, but very easily could have been.

I think it's all about that old cliché, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

5307_1000.gif

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

Now I know that some of the cachers play golf and that sometimes the used golfballs could be used, but why do people put those in the caches? Perhaps a child did it and wanted to make a contribution or something. I can see putting in the corporate logo balls. Those are a nice trade item. One will cost you a couple bucks if not more.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

Sorry sorry sorry....

I don't at all want to be a bad guy here on the forums... See the caption under my avatar...

It just seems to me.... A fairly new geocacher racks up twenty some finds and is complaining about junk.....

There seems to be a problem.

Surely to goodness that all twenty finds did not contain junk.

If so, there are some real cachers in that particular area.

For what it's worth, I only have sixty some finds and I recall only ONE cache that contained a trivial amount of "junk" that some may mention.

It's hard to believe that the ratio of junk to good items can be that high considering this is in relation to just twenty finds. Must be some poor cachers in that area. Too bad.

48511_5100.JPG

Sometimes, you have to. Trade down, that is.

I know the first cache I went to I found a dollar that had been marked with WheresGeorge.com.... being an active Georger, I took it as a courtesy to the other person who left it. Unfortunately, the cache was pretty much full, and all I had room to leave was a sheet of stickers. Obviously not an equal trade, but when the rest of my items didn't fit, I didn't have much of an option.

Otherwise, I do my best to trade equally - or even up - for items I have. The last cache I went to, I got a sharpie, a pack of notecards, and someone's signature pin, and I left a book and four sheets of stickers.

The thing is that we need to start coaching new players as to what kind of items are good to take with you for trade items. (See my addition to the new player FAQ from this week.)

The thing that bugs me is that when players bring up this issue, the standard response is "Just TNLN". Not always an option (especially if kids are with you who are not as amused as we might be by signing a log book.), some times you have to trade. Copping out to the TNLN for all caches simply avoids dealing with the problem rather than dealing with it.

quote:
Originally posted by bigredmed:

The thing is that we need to start coaching new players as to what kind of items are good to take with you for trade items. (See my addition to the new player FAQ from this week.)

The thing that bugs me is that when players bring up this issue, the standard response is "Just TNLN". Not always an option (especially if kids are with you who are not as amused as we might be by signing a log book.), some times you have to trade. Copping out to the TNLN for all caches simply avoids dealing with the problem rather than dealing with it.

YAY! I agree with what you said... I think the problem is that the people that are content with TNLN are the ones that cache by themselves.

quote:
Originally posted by fly46:

YAY! I agree with what you said... I think the problem is that the people that are content with TNLN are the ones that cache by themselves.

Hey, I cache with my two best friends (me & myself) all the time!!! icon_biggrin.gif

As been said over and over; One Man's Trash...Don't we all cache for our own reasons? Perhaps that headless Ronald McToy has a some sort of significance you just don't understand. Why are many here so ready to critasize others for leaving so called junk when the have no idea why it was taken to a cache and left?

I used to leave a George $ in every cache found, as I thought it would be fun to track them both inside and outside of the Geocache world. With an average hit rate of only about 2%, I begain to question the value of such trades. Now after reading this thread, I'm thinking of collecting broken toys and creating themed caches from them. You could do one with just heads found in other caches, another with just cars or whatever.

When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

Sorry sorry sorry....

I don't at all want to be a bad guy here on the forums... See the caption under my avatar...

It just seems to me.... A fairly new geocacher racks up twenty some finds and is complaining about junk.....

There seems to be a problem.

Surely to goodness that all twenty finds did not contain junk.

If so, there are some real cachers in that particular area.

For what it's worth, I only have sixty some finds and I recall only ONE cache that contained a trivial amount of "junk" that some may mention.

It's hard to believe that the ratio of junk to good items can be that high considering this is in relation to just twenty finds. Must be some poor cachers in that area. Too bad.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/48511_5100.JPG

Actually, I am getting a flame rising here.

With the thread speaking "What is said and what is really meant" or to that fashion:

I am saying Xitron is judging prematurely on the finds that contain "junk."

What I mean is non forum cachers would be pi$$ed that you claim they leave junk.

Give me some examples, Xitron. Surely you can distinguish which cacher left the junk and one who did not. Bash them here on the forums, where it is much deserving.

Really, to the newbies: I am a newbie. I am not holding an elitist attitude whatsoever, but with twenty finds, I would still be happy regardless of what junk was left.

WHAT I REALLY MEAN

You really mean to tell that after just twenty finds that you are complaining about the junk left behind?

C'mon! Surely to God you haven't been ruined that quick.

**This post gives merit for those previous cache finders who left all that crap. Please post now.**

I'm sorry Xitron, but I do not take the bait. Sure, legit concerns I can buy, but I cannot see why you are overwhelmed with junk happy caches that make you complain when you have only 20 some finds.

Do NOT bash! I am not elitist, whatsoever, nor a geocop, but what gives?

I have taken this into consideration fully.

What bites me is we all take in consideration of the newbies and such....Yup, I'm new too.

Trying to set a good example for future cachers....

And get someone with fewer (no elitist attitude) finds (twenty some)....

to complain about junk....

What kind of impression does that leave?

Your local cachers must not frequent the forums... Cause I'd give them a switch, too, for all that junk they leave! Oops! I'm under the impression they leave this garbage. Sorry!

BTW...

quote:
By Xitron: I have seen alot of caches where interesting things were replaced with McDonalds rejects and other junk no one would ever want. Please post your point of view on this if you think I am right or way off. Either way cache on!

THAT was an excerpt from the original. Ouch!!!

Alot of caches??? Well, to summarize alot means you have a "great amount of."

Really, though. You should not judge what constitutes junk or not with little cache finds.

48511_5100.JPG

Green acres is the place to be.....No darnit!! That's my goat!!! Sheesh!

[This message was edited by opey one on September 02, 2003 at 12:33 AM.]

trading, shmading. this whole phenom of people being dissatisfied with the "stuff" they find in caches or being angry for finding "bad" trades makes me really cranky, for some reason. icon_mad.gif

makes me think of a saying I heard years ago.

"keep your expectations tiny, and you won't be so whiny".

icon_smile.gif

there. I feel better already. what were we talking about?