Are We All Crazy?

pat2run

Friends and family HATE my weekend caching and they do not understand the appeal. My wife hates the heat, bushes and dirt. My mom after an hour on the trails offers to "buy" me anything that I possibly could find in a cache and my Dad got Chigger bites and isn't exactly wanting to go again. All that is left is my dog Alley who love's going on the adventures. Friends think I am crazy for doing this on the weekends.

How many of you all have the same problem?

I had trouble with people getting hung up on the trading part of caching. Whenever they'd ask what I did over the weekend, and I'd reply "I went caching", they always ask "what did you get??"

I've decided not to even mention that part to people anymore. In my opinion, they get way too hung up on that aspect of things.

Of course, as I say this, I have my freshly minted Mr. Snazz Mini-CD v1.0 cache item sitting here, ready to be deployed... go figure. icon_smile.gif

snazzsig.jpg

I had trouble with people getting hung up on the trading part of caching. Whenever they'd ask what I did over the weekend, and I'd reply "I went caching", they always ask "what did you get??"

I've decided not to even mention that part to people anymore. In my opinion, they get way too hung up on that aspect of things.

Of course, as I say this, I have my freshly minted Mr. Snazz Mini-CD v1.0 cache item sitting here, ready to be deployed... go figure. icon_smile.gif

snazzsig.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by pat2run:

Friends and family HATE my weekend caching and they do not understand the appeal. My wife hates the heat, bushes and dirt. My mom after an hour on the trails offers to "buy" me anything that I possibly could find in a cache and my Dad got Chigger bites and isn't exactly wanting to go again. All that is left is my dog Alley who love's going on the adventures. Friends think I am crazy for doing this on the weekends.

So... When are you and Alley goin' back out? "Pish," I say to the couch potatos! "Posh," I say to those who freak out over nature!

My family enjoys going on the 1/1s if there is shopping soon to follow. Lately, it's just been and my trusty Magellan. Don't fret. It isn't for everyone. Convince your family that a few hours alone is good for them AND you. Then go out and find the gold bullion - cleverly disguised as a McToy...

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by pat2run:

At first I had alot of trouble in getting any of my friends interested. Turns out I was just asking the wrong friends. Last week I took a friend out for a cache and since then he's bought his own gps and has started caching on his own a bit. It also turns out he got his parents into it whom are also now planning on doing some caching on their own. I also got one other friend of mine hooked. It felt good finally sharing this with some folks who got excited about it.

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-

hummmm ... lets see...

I am planing a trip from Az to northern Ut to give a paper to a conference..

I plotted a route between here and there, downloaded the caches along the way... and then adjusted my route to include the most caches... and THEN adjusted my driving time to make sure that I could do all the caches..

Does this sound like something a SANE person would do?

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

My wife enjoys caching as much, if not more, than I do, so I have a built in partner. icon_biggrin.gif Sometimes I'm just way luckier than I deserve.

DITTO! My wife and I have both gotten into this and she is probably more into the cache locating aspect than I am.

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

My wife enjoys caching as much, if not more, than I do, so I have a built in partner. icon_biggrin.gif Sometimes I'm just way luckier than I deserve.

DITTO! My wife and I have both gotten into this and she is probably more into the cache locating aspect than I am.

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

It seems to me we are the sane ones in this world. We get out and explore new and interesting places.

We Share new and interesting places with our "friends". We get out and amble around getting some sort of exercise anyway. Some of us are making new friends and re-awakening that yearn to explore. How many of you have went out of your way to travel down some yet un-explored back road looking for "something" or "somewhere" that you think might make an interesting place for a cache and would be worth sharing with others? And the only reason you went was due to this game? Also, if you think about it, How many of you have had a thought just jump into the fore front of your thought train along the line of " Wow, I just thought of a great place I used to go to when I was a kid" and put a cache there to bring more people to this certian place? I think sanity is over rated anyway. I wonder why those people I work with ar starting to call me Napoloen?

Later, logscal

I guess I'm a bit hooked. I took the opportunity of a road trip to log four locationless caches last week on the way to my father's funeral! (No, I'm not obsessed. Just a little taken by the experience.)

My wife is not really into it at all. She thinks I'm a bit loony when I tell her I'm going out "plastic hunting" and rolls her eyes at me. She's not really an outdoorsy type ("I was built for comfort, not for speed" is her credo). I was taken aback about three years ago when she told me that she thought whitewater canoeing would be cool and, lest I lose the opportunity, I immediately shoved her into my beloved Jeep and took her to a canoe shop and purchased a "beginner level" canoe (Dagger Legend 16'). Mind you, I've been a "river rat" all my life and actually paddled a class 5 transformed into a class 6 by signifcant rainfall in a rental kayak in my younger days. I was champing at the bid to get her hooked. Lo and behold, it took and she's now a paddler! However, the adrenaline simply isn't there for her when it comes to going out and looking for a box in the woods somewhere.

I will say, however, that she's enjoyed it both times I took her with me caching. The first cache she found with me was placed by a fellow co-worker of hers whom neither she, nor I, realized was into this lunacy (he left his e-mail address inside the log and we both recognized it). That, I think, sparked her interest, but just a little.

Now she's back to rolling her eyes every time the terms "GPS" or "Cache" drift off my lips.

I'm not sure whether her lack of caching interest is grounds for divorce, but I'm working on getting the local judge into caching, just in case.

I'm just thankful that smuggling a new Garmin eTrex Vista into the house is a lot easier than smuggling in a new shotgun or set of golf clubs.

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

icon_biggrin.gif

I guess I'm a bit hooked. I took the opportunity of a road trip to log four locationless caches last week on the way to my father's funeral! (No, I'm not obsessed. Just a little taken by the experience.)

My wife is not really into it at all. She thinks I'm a bit loony when I tell her I'm going out "plastic hunting" and rolls her eyes at me. She's not really an outdoorsy type ("I was built for comfort, not for speed" is her credo). I was taken aback about three years ago when she told me that she thought whitewater canoeing would be cool and, lest I lose the opportunity, I immediately shoved her into my beloved Jeep and took her to a canoe shop and purchased a "beginner level" canoe (Dagger Legend 16'). Mind you, I've been a "river rat" all my life and actually paddled a class 5 transformed into a class 6 by signifcant rainfall in a rental kayak in my younger days. I was champing at the bid to get her hooked. Lo and behold, it took and she's now a paddler! However, the adrenaline simply isn't there for her when it comes to going out and looking for a box in the woods somewhere.

I will say, however, that she's enjoyed it both times I took her with me caching. The first cache she found with me was placed by a fellow co-worker of hers whom neither she, nor I, realized was into this lunacy (he left his e-mail address inside the log and we both recognized it). That, I think, sparked her interest, but just a little.

Now she's back to rolling her eyes every time the terms "GPS" or "Cache" drift off my lips.

I'm not sure whether her lack of caching interest is grounds for divorce, but I'm working on getting the local judge into caching, just in case.

I'm just thankful that smuggling a new Garmin eTrex Vista into the house is a lot easier than smuggling in a new shotgun or set of golf clubs.

icon_biggrin.gif

Well I have to chime in here and say that I am also one of the lucky ones. When I first brought up the idea of caching to my wonderful and supporting wife it was with some hesitation. She loves the outdoors, but I didn't really think she'd be all that interested in the "cache hunting" end of things. Well as it turns out I was quite happily wrong, and now we are an inseparable caching team. I get to carry the GPS and she gets to point the digital camera at anything and everything, it works out really well. We've gotten to the stage of planning extended road trips to cache now. I couldn't ask for a better partner.

Now some of the people at work of course give me the tolerant smile and nd when I ry to explain it...."oh yes?" they say..."doesn't that sound like fun..." but since I'm not married to them and don't have to go out with them on the weekends, well....it doesn't bother me at all.

"When I was a young man, I journeyed to the West to find myself......it turns out I had the wrong coordinates."

Wife to me "read this in playboy, its called Geocaching, if you will get up of your A$$ and try it I'll buy you that GPS your always whineing about!"

Me to wife "Cool!!!!!!!"

And thus it started.

The really cool thing is that my wife is in a wheelchair or electric scooter when she leaves home and she has been on both of the caches I have found. She is happy she found something that gets me out of the house.

So Im not sure if she is crazy or me, but I'm happy anyway.

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

"Muga Muchu" (forget yourself, focus).

Wife to me "read this in playboy, its called Geocaching, if you will get up of your A$$ and try it I'll buy you that GPS your always whineing about!"

Me to wife "Cool!!!!!!!"

And thus it started.

The really cool thing is that my wife is in a wheelchair or electric scooter when she leaves home and she has been on both of the caches I have found. She is happy she found something that gets me out of the house.

So Im not sure if she is crazy or me, but I'm happy anyway.

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Wife loves it.. icon_smile.gif she even fell at the bottom of a hill last summer doing a cache and broke her ankle.. icon_frown.gif it slowed her down but most of the time she still wants to navigate. Sometimes she goes to the cache and sometimes she just sits in the truck and waits for me to go find it and works on her crafts..she even got to see a deer walk with in 10 feet of her while she was sitting there waiting on me.

barondriver1.jpg

Wife loves it.. icon_smile.gif she even fell at the bottom of a hill last summer doing a cache and broke her ankle.. icon_frown.gif it slowed her down but most of the time she still wants to navigate. Sometimes she goes to the cache and sometimes she just sits in the truck and waits for me to go find it and works on her crafts..she even got to see a deer walk with in 10 feet of her while she was sitting there waiting on me.

barondriver1.jpg

Yep, i am lucky as well. Chicken must love me or something because she will try just about anything i take a liking to. Turns out that she loves SCUBA, 4wheeling, fishing, camping, and now GeoCaching! The one thing she tried and found out she didnt care for was paintballing,, icon_razz.gif

Friends on the other hand show no interest at this time. They allways ask what we did this weekend, then before i can answer, realize what they asked and say nevermind, we know icon_rolleyes.gif.

Yep, i am lucky as well. Chicken must love me or something because she will try just about anything i take a liking to. Turns out that she loves SCUBA, 4wheeling, fishing, camping, and now GeoCaching! The one thing she tried and found out she didnt care for was paintballing,, icon_razz.gif

Friends on the other hand show no interest at this time. They allways ask what we did this weekend, then before i can answer, realize what they asked and say nevermind, we know icon_rolleyes.gif.

I guess I'm another one of the lucky ones - my long-time girlfriend loves geocaching as much as I do. She even gets a little upset if I go for a cache without her. Of course, if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be caching (her cousin got us started.) I guess this is one of the things that can happen when a former boy scout and former girl scout get together.

My dad understands caching - he's been along on a couple of our hunts. My mom knows what's going on, but always comes up with other plans when we invite her. My brother gives me weird looks and can't believe that I'm wandering around in the woods. Everyone else - they either think its a cool idea and want to go; think I'm crazy; or I simply don't tell them about because I know they won't get it.

I'll admit that I was a bit skeptical when Misguided One showed me the geocaching.com website. He got a gps and did a few caches before I taged along one one.

Not the best first experience. We took my sister and her 3 year old. I was trying to control our 5 year old and our 2 month old baby. It was Feburary and raining. The cache was a four part multi cache that we never found the 2nd stage on. But I was hooked none the less. We now have two GPSr's in our household. My sister bought herself one and we introduced our sister-in-law and now she is hooked. Our parents have been out with us but think we are a bit 'touched'.

Friends at work do the polite smile with the head nod that tells me they think I'm crazy.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

In an attempy to save a bit on fuel money for caching trips, I started riding my bike to work. As it turns out, half way home I got a flat tire. Then I realized I'd left my patch kit in a geocache somewhere. I then figured I'd just walk the remaining few miles but then it started to rain. No problem I always carry a light rain coat, but o'OH, it's also in a cache. Oh well. I'll just call home on the trusty old cell phone and get my wife to come pick me up.....but, you guessed it. Hope someone finds that cache real soon and lets her out.

Thank dog my wife is just as crazy as I am--we just spent our honeymoon in Montana, and planned a day in Yellowstone Park around getting to as many of the virtual caches there as we could. We also printed a few caches in South Dakota to hit on the drive out, and a few in North Dakota to hit on the way back. 15T

Think Globally, Act Locally

quote:
Originally posted by Lapaglia:

Me to wife "Cool!!!!!!!"

And thus it started.

Lapaglia, let me get this straight:

1. Your wife was reading Playboy

2. She saw something in an article (in Playboy!)that neither of you had done before, but that you had been "whining about"

3. She then suggested that you do it, and

4. She paid for the equipment needed to perform this activity.

Dude, if I had a wife like that, I'd never leave the house.

I have to say that I have been laughing my head off at some of these responses. I just want to clarify that I DO have a great wife! (Had to put that in there so I wouldn't be killed.) And she did tell me that she will go caching again with me when the weather gets cooler. (I got that in writing)

One cool thing that I have noticed that she might be getting the caching bug is that the second I walk into the door, she wants to know what I found. (Like it is her prize or something)

My wife thought the idea was a crazy one. Then I said the magic word -- "Picnic". In less than an hour we had the food, cheese, wine, etc. packed and we were on our way! Now it's a part of every cache hunt.

Now we get crazy looks from hikers as we sit on top of mountains with our wine and cheese while they eat their trail mix.

Every Friday my wife asks if I've got a cache picked out for the weekend.

If your wife isn't interested (but you'd like her to be) just say the magic word.

quote:
Originally posted by Rigour:

quote:

Me to wife "Cool!!!!!!!"

And thus it started.

2. She saw something in an article (in Playboy!)that neither of you had done before, but that you had been "whining about"

Let me put it this way, on the 24th of this month we will have been married 25 years!! Yes she reads PLayboy. to be totaly honest I had wanted a GPSr before I knew about Geocaching.

Dude, the only time I leave the house is to go to work or look for a cache, Now you see why my found count is so low icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

I've loved the outdoors all my life, and have always tried to get my wife and daughter out with me. Through a long chain of events I found out about Geocaching this year. Ever since I've been trying to get them to try it, well they finally went and loved it.

Whereas I am more partial to the hiking/exploring aspect of the game the two of them just love the pig-in-a-poke bauble exchange. It makes for a perfect match, go figure.

Once they build up a little stamina on the 1/1 and 2/2s we'll be ready to roll.

Yes, I used the word "picnic" last weekend when we went up to 10,450 to get a cache in the Rockies, and my Girlfriend was excited. But what really gets her excited is when I use the words "mountain meadow" and "alone" in the same sentence. All she asks is that I bring an extra blanket!!!

Another thing that is fun is to combine two activites. Hunting season is upon us here high in the Rockies, so I will combine geocaching with deer/elk hunting. And since I haven't gotten a deer or elk in over 10 years, at least this way, I will have something to show for my efforts. Hehe.

quote:
Originally posted by Rigour:

quote:

Me to wife "Cool!!!!!!!"

And thus it started.

And if you finally wise up, can I have your GPSr?

I'm pretty lucky; my wife likes geocaching and so does one of my co-workers. But they aren't as addic... umm, I mean... as fond of geocaching as I am. Long after they're ready to quit, it's 'just one more cache' for me! Often, if I go with them or one of my friends, at some point I feel like I'm just dragging them along.

Anyway, if pat2run wants to find someone who shares the same level of intensity about caching, he should try an Event Cache. I attended both the Chicagoland Geocachers Picnic and the Wisconsin Geocaching Association Picnic this summer, and the best part was meeting other folks who are as 'Crazy' as I am.

Since then, I've tried catching with other cachers, including a great river trip via canoe with Markwell. When I go caching with other cachers, I feel like THEY are dragging me along half the time, and I LOVE IT!

My wife loves to cache-she gets mad when I go out caching with out her even when she is at work.She calls me on my cell and wants to know what I'm doing and I almost want to lie.The first night I came home and told her about it she said " oh,no not another geek hobbie" but when she found her first cache she was hooked.I fact she was so hooked the we are renewing our vows and we are going to make it a caching event.She is making a camo dress and I'm putting together a camo suit for the event.NOW THAT'S CRAZY,you all are invited. icon_biggrin.gif

If you eat a live frog in the morning,nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day.

My wife loves to cache-she gets mad when I go out caching with out her even when she is at work.She calls me on my cell and wants to know what I'm doing and I almost want to lie.The first night I came home and told her about it she said " oh,no not another geek hobbie" but when she found her first cache she was hooked.I fact she was so hooked the we are renewing our vows and we are going to make it a caching event.She is making a camo dress and I'm putting together a camo suit for the event.NOW THAT'S CRAZY,you all are invited. icon_biggrin.gif

If you eat a live frog in the morning,nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day.

I too thought my friends would be interested. They like to hike and backpack, so I saw Geocaching as a logical extension. They weren't. My wife seemed slightly interested, but didn't share my enthusiasm, though she is an avid hiker. My 12 year old daughter didn't care for it, mainly because she's a reluctant hiker (she's the type who complains she's tired 10 minutes into a hike, but can play 70 minutes of soccer, then go swimming and shooting hoops all afernoon at a freind's house).

Anyway, on a trip this summer to Sacramento, I suggested to my wife that we find a few caches while out there. She was receptive to the idea.

We found our first cache the day we arrived. Next thing I knew, she was Geocache crazy. First thing on her mind at breakfast was which caches we were going to look for that day. On some days I was ready to quit Geocaching after a few finds and do something else, but she wanted to find more.

It became her mission.

Now, as every weekend approaches, I get the question, "so which caches are we going for this weekend?". Can't complain about that! Now only if we can get our daughter into it.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

I enjoy it so much that I dedicate at least six hours on the weekend to do my adventure. The problem is that my wife also enjoys the trips. Now for the problems..

1.) On bike trips my 4 year old really enjoys because he is on the back of my bike, but my 7 year old can't handle the trips that are over a mile or so. (This gets me upset because she can ride her bike for HOURS & HOURS, and cry when it is time to come in at home.)

2.) When we go on a walking trip my seven year old can just about out walk us, but then we have the problem with the 4 year old. He starts to cry withing the first .10 of a mile. (He also gets me made when we are at home because he runs, jumps, climbs, runs, runs, runs, etc.)

This is something I am sure you will all get a kick out of!

My wife, and I always took the kids to one of their Grand Parents so we could have some "INTIMATE TIME" icon_rolleyes.gif. Now we take them there so we can go "GEOCACHING" icon_biggrin.gif!

--Team SHUEY

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

I enjoy it so much that I dedicate at least six hours on the weekend to do my adventure. The problem is that my wife also enjoys the trips. Now for the problems..

1.) On bike trips my 4 year old really enjoys because he is on the back of my bike, but my 7 year old can't handle the trips that are over a mile or so. (This gets me upset because she can ride her bike for HOURS & HOURS, and cry when it is time to come in at home.)

2.) When we go on a walking trip my seven year old can just about out walk us, but then we have the problem with the 4 year old. He starts to cry withing the first .10 of a mile. (He also gets me made when we are at home because he runs, jumps, climbs, runs, runs, runs, etc.)

This is something I am sure you will all get a kick out of!

My wife, and I always took the kids to one of their Grand Parents so we could have some "INTIMATE TIME" icon_rolleyes.gif. Now we take them there so we can go "GEOCACHING" icon_biggrin.gif!

--Team SHUEY

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

quote:
Originally posted by geovamp:

Minister: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today at N 32° 40.198 W 097° 04.255 to witness this marriage between...

Cacher #1: Wait! Wait! My coords say N 32° 40.192 W 097° 04.260!

Cacher #2: It's the tree canopy. Just let your eTrex settle a bit. Holding it horizontal will help.

Cacher #1: Thanks. Yeah, that's definitely closer.

Minister: Do you, GeoVamp, take this woman as your wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?

GeoVamp: I do.

Minister: And do you, Mrs. GeoVamp, take this man as your husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?

Mrs. GeoVamp: I do.

Minister (to GeoVamp): You may place the ring upon her finger.

Cacher #1: I think that's the ring I left in Scotland's Cache last weekend!

Cacher #2: No, I think that's one of the original cache contents from Picard's.

Cacher #1: Isn't Picard's a virtual?

Cacher #2: I dunno. Lemme check my PDA. Yep, it is. My bad.

Minister: You may kiss your bride.

Audience: Woo Hoo!

Cacher #1: Hey, can he log that as a find?

Cacher #2: Well, seeing as he's already found her before, I think he'll just have to post a note.

60748_1200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by geovamp:

Minister: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today at N 32° 40.198 W 097° 04.255 to witness this marriage between...

Cacher #2: It's the tree canopy. Just let your eTrex settle a bit. Holding it horizontal will help.

Cacher #1: Thanks. Yeah, that's definitely closer.

Minister: Do you, GeoVamp, take this woman as your wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?

GeoVamp: I do.

Minister: And do you, Mrs. GeoVamp, take this man as your husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?

Mrs. GeoVamp: I do.

Minister (to GeoVamp): You may place the ring upon her finger.

Cacher #1: I think that's the ring I left in Scotland's Cache last weekend!

Cacher #2: No, I think that's one of the original cache contents from Picard's.

Cacher #1: Isn't Picard's a virtual?

Cacher #2: I dunno. Lemme check my PDA. Yep, it is. My bad.

Minister: You may kiss your bride.

Audience: Woo Hoo!

Cacher #1: Hey, can he log that as a find?

Cacher #2: Well, seeing as he's already found her before, I think he'll just have to post a note.

60748_1200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Lyra:

Yea that is exactly how it would go down! Thanks for the laugh, now I need to go to N 40° 32.355 W 105° 11.807 and lie down! icon_wink.gif

A = A

quote:
Originally posted by Lyra:

Yea that is exactly how it would go down! Thanks for the laugh, now I need to go to N 40° 32.355 W 105° 11.807 and lie down! icon_wink.gif

A = A

Took my wife and 16 month old daughter with me today on a 1.6 mile hike (after a failed attempt from the wrong starting point) to Gorilla's Gatorade and a piggyback micro, Micro-2 and I'm pleased to report that, during the hike, my wife was actually asking me to show her how the GPSr works. We had a great time and the baby was singing and chattering the whole way. She even met her first deer (jeez, I hope that deer doesn't wander onto hunting land! It was way too friendly and stood watching us long enough that it would be an easy shot!).

I think I have a convert! On the way home, we discussed logging a few more finds next weekend! What a relief!

60748_1200.jpg

my brother in-law constantly makes geocaching jokes. my wife thought it would be cool but it became a chore as we tried to seek caches eithout adequate time to do them. Then it got cold. Ixnay on the caching-ay in the cold-ay. Shes not in terribly good shape and since then her health has gotten worse, and she suffers badly from fatique.

However... I've found my 3 yr old son enjoys hunting for 1/1's. with my wife's medical problems under control, and with her losing a LOT of weight, I think she'll be in shape by next summer, so by then... hopefully she'll start coming out with me again.

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

all's I had to ask Red was if she wanted to go for a 8 mile hike to an as yet unfound cache. "We need to stop by Subway and grab a sub for lunch" was all she said and out the door we went. 7.42 mile's round trip, 4 hours and one bad buzztail that tried to grab us as we went by. 12 buttons and around 30 inches, big snake and laying about a foot off the trail. icon_eek.gif Never said a word until we had just gotten past it. It was close enough it could have nailed either one of us easy. About the biggest Timber rattler I have ever seen. But we had fun and we where first ones to the cache. I think I will keep her. She must be the crazy one in this pair :

all's I had to ask Red was if she wanted to go for a 8 mile hike to an as yet unfound cache. "We need to stop by Subway and grab a sub for lunch" was all she said and out the door we went. 7.42 mile's round trip, 4 hours and one bad buzztail that tried to grab us as we went by. 12 buttons and around 30 inches, big snake and laying about a foot off the trail. icon_eek.gif Never said a word until we had just gotten past it. It was close enough it could have nailed either one of us easy. About the biggest Timber rattler I have ever seen. But we had fun and we where first ones to the cache. I think I will keep her. She must be the crazy one in this pair :