Nearest Cache Page

Is anyone else having problems viewing caches on the new boards? Every time I click a link to view the cache info, I get a "Server Error in '/' Application" message.

The page also includes this:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) +96

Geocaching.Functions.chkMail(String fString, String fTestTag, Int32 fType) +424

Geocaching.Functions.FormatStr(String fString) +52

Geocaching.Functions.chkString(String pString, String fField_Type, Boolean IsHTML) +328

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.BuildCachePage() +4767

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_UserNotLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +59

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1074

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +725

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Is it just me?

It's funny, as soon as we set up the site to be efficient with the database, the web server itself is under a tremendous load. We have, however, ordered a new box which should be 10x faster. Hopefully we can set it up quickly so it will be ready for next weekend.

It does seem to be working ok now.

More growing pains...

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by 2FATBOYZ:

Is anyone having a hard time going to page two?

Yeah, it sucks, it has nothing to do w/WebTV specifically, it's the browser and/or your settings. To get to the other pages you need to have or turn Java on. I always browse w/it off 'cause it's so slow and predominantly used for PopUps/advertising.

Again, as I mentioned in the main thread, 'twould be nice if there was either a manual work-around (as to filter out own caches) or another link that didn't rely on Java.

My current workaround is to search more specifically, so the cache listing appears on the first page only--thereby eliminating the need to turn Javascript on. Note also, if you try to reload the 2nd or greater page, it won't (need to resubmit the form).

Randy