Cache Candles

I am new to the sport of geocaching and I love it. I want to leave unique and usefull items in the caches I visit. Would you be interested in finding backpacking candles? By that I mean taking Altoid tins and shoe shine wax tins and melting wax into them with two to four wicks. I know this item would not appeal to everyone but I think it would be a hit with some. What do you think? I have read the threads about cache loot and you have stated that you like pins, buttons, pathces, and coins. I just want to make an item that you might use. Please give me your ideas.

"He shall restore what he has stolen, or what was delivered to him for safekeeping, or the lost thing which he found. He shall restore its full value, add one-fifth more to it, and give it to whomever it belongs." Leviticus 6:4,5

Sounds like a good idea to me. You could put a personal geocaching logo on the outside and use them as a signature item.

A few cautions: First, would they melt in ammo cans on hot days? If so, would the lid keep the wax from making a mess? Second, don't use scented wax because it could attract animals.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

Sounds like a good idea to me. You could put a personal geocaching logo on the outside and use them as a signature item.

A few cautions: First, would they melt in ammo cans on hot days? If so, would the lid keep the wax from making a mess? Second, don't use scented wax because it could attract animals.

http://outbreakcorp.hypermart.net/animation/pokemon/pokeanim3.gif

Um... Yeah...what they said.

Wherever you go there you are.

I would like to find one of them, but I am a chronic worrier. I live near some fire prone areas and I would hate it if a fire was somehow linked to geocaching. Even if the candle did not cause the fire, if people think it did...

"Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground."