Forum Clowns

Yes, I was the class clown in school. Playing practical jokes on teachers and students was fun to me. I always liked the attention; even if, at times, it got me in a little trouble. The principal and I got to know each other pretty well. LOL Anyways, I made it through school, and I am now raising a big family. My wife and kids still think I am a clown and I make them laugh often.

I have noticed, though, there are a lot of clowns here in the forums. Like for instance, some of the avatars are hilarious. The gay spider man made me laugh my *ss off too. I can go on and on with all the funny stuff I have seen on the forums, but I think you guys get the picture. So all of you geocaching clowns out there, keep up the good work. You know, laughter is the best medicine right?

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

"How am I funny, like a clown?"

It's just, y'know, it's just funny, you know the way you tell the story and everything...

(No really, it's the way you talk.) icon_wink.gif

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

"...How am I funny, like a clown?..."

I think that was one of the http://henancius.martin-scorsese.net/sounds/goodfellas/fullfun.wav ever filmed (you need to see the movie 'GoodFellas' to truly appreciate it).

[Warning: The .wav file is rated 'R']

I wish I had a nickel for every time I have used that quote with my buddies!!!

Yes, I was the class clown in school...

You're not the only one... :D

I was in the Principal's office frequently, too. My parents weren't too happy about that. :D

Hmmm...Colorado Springs isn't that far...we should get together sometime :D

edit: Pueblo, sorry...almost Colorado Springs (remembered Pueblo from another post)

Edited by Team GPSaxophone
Yes, I was the class clown in school...

You're not the only one... :D

I was in the Principal's office frequently, too. My parents weren't too happy about that. :D

Hmmm...Colorado Springs isn't that far...we should get together sometime :D

edit: Pueblo, sorry...almost Colorado Springs (remembered Pueblo from another post)

That's funny. I didn't always get good conduct grades, but the only times that I had to go down to "THE OFFICE" was to be informed that I was on the Honor Role.

I was still the class clown and farrrrr from a good kid. I just never got in trouble. I could get away with murder in High School.

Sn :D:D gans

Class clown that was always able to pin the bad sh*t on other people and have a good laugh at their expense! "It's ok, Tommy, we're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you!" :D:D:D

I'm up for a "Clown Cache Event". I think that park you suggested is a bit more of a drive for me, though. :D Maybe I can charter the company jet. Really. It's a biplane. Old. Open cockpit. Open floor. Ok, open for suggestions. :D

I was still the class clown...

I think we should have an event cache for us clowns. How about near the NM/CO/KS/TX border so it's convenient for me, Upinyachit, Sparky, and Snoogans? We could have it in the park listed at This cache. Whaddaya think? :D

Sure. I'll just tell the crew to warm up the G4. I can be there in about an hour at .8 mach. :D

Sn :D:D gans

See ya in July Sax.

I'm all for a central location. I was thinking of inviting at least the Denver and Albuquerque area geocachers.

Here's what I envision: Rent an RV and drive up to 5 hours from Albuquerque to host an event at a park/campground. Leave Friday in order to make the drive and camp. Setup Saturday morning, have the event all day or 10-ish to 5-ish. Camp again Saturday night and head home Sunday morning. I would have to take half of Friday and all of Saturday off of work, but I realize most others have weekends off.

The link I posted earlier is for the cache at Sugarite Park. It's about 3 hours from Albuquerque, NM or Pueblo, CO, 4-5 hours from Denver, CO. Mapquest show 9 hours from Mt. Hope, KS to Raton, NM (for Sparky).

I'm all for making this in a more central location (Oklahoma panhandle?), it just depends on who is really interested in going. The further from a large city, the fewer the visitors I expect to have.

Upinyachit, I would be more than happy to start a new thread about this event since we are derailing your topic.

I was rather a dark clown in school.

I burned one and they didn't find it funny :D

So I spent one year without ever playing with other children, and the principal gave me a huge book of sciences, a pen and told me : "until you have hand-copied this 2000 pages book, you will not play with others this year". took me two years of school to copy it and I was cheating in the end by "bypassing" some pages and tweaking the text (because the principal checked it). Well, at least it gave me a college sciences and mathematics level at 11 or so, years before I would start to learn all that stuff in school. I was rather tough but what worried me was my parents sadness about it, their kid having burned a school and being sent (with ALL others pupils whom also lost their school) to another one :D

I was rather a dark clown in school.

I burned one and they didn't find it funny :)

So I spent one year without ever playing with other children, and the principal gave me a huge book of sciences, a pen and told me : "until you have hand-copied this 2000 pages book, you will not play with others this year". took me two years of school to copy it and I was cheating in the end by "bypassing" some pages and tweaking the text (because the principal checked it). Well, at least it gave me a college sciences and mathematics level at 11 or so, years before I would start to learn all that stuff in school. I was rather tough but what worried me was my parents sadness about it, their kid having burned a school and being sent (with ALL others pupils whom also lost their school) to another one  :tongue:

Hey, don't let it get you down. Accidents happen. Gasoline gets spilled, matches get struck, things happen. That's what insurance is for, right? So come on, wipe off that frown, grab an oily rag and a bic, and get back out there! We're all here for ya, man! :)

Edited by Sparky-Watts
I think we can consider subigo a wan-a-be clown, but he really isn't funny, thus he is the bad kind of clown (anybody who willingly calls themself binladen is just plain wrong and discusting and so NOT funny)

Reminds me of that late 80's/early 90's movie, "Killer Clowns from Outer Space".

Seriously, that boy is troubled. Evening news poster child troubled.

what did happen is I had bought with a friend some little rockets. we planted a few ones near a tree and fired those up to the sky. but one of mine did not go up and went in the toilets and there, the painting inside of it caught fire and it started burning. they called firefighters and it was burning quite well. they killed the fire but it had spread in the upper walls (is the word "ceiling" in english ?) and the fire propagated to the bigger building. Everyone got out and it became so bad they let it burn and protect buildings around the school. It burned until the next day. I told my parents about it and they turned me to the principal. I don't recall a lot of my young years (I don't recall anything before 12 years old or so in fact) but I remember that crappy day perfectly, from morning to the end of the day with my a** hurting and all my toys gone :tongue:

Edited because I have no witty remarks....

How many times can I edit this??

If there's going to be a cache event near the CO border, I want to go. If I get annoying, you can't even abandon me in the woods. I have my own GPS!

Edited by Imajika