Have you ever kicked yourself later?

I recently found a cache and was in such a hurry that I didn't really have time to look at all the items. I quickly wrote my log and left. Later, while reading the logs, I realized that the person that found it before me left an unusual or unique item that I failed to notice.

This has happened to me one other time and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences. Did you kick yourself later or just shrug and say "Oh, well"?

--CoronaKid

of course.

My very first find I passed over a handmade victorymike chainmale keychain. I didn't know what it was and didn't think twice about it. Later I figured it out and was mad that I didn't pick it up while I had the chance. These items are highly sought after here in Michigan even though Mike has put a ton of them out there. They are still my favorite sig item of all time.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by CoronaKid:

This has happened to me one other time and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences. Did you kick yourself later or just shrug and say "Oh, well"?

--CoronaKid

Yep, we have done that once or twice- especially if we're out after mutlipe caches, and just trying to TNLNSL and move on.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

My very first find I passed over a handmade victorymike chainmale keychain.

Does anybody happen to have a picture of one of these? I'm curious as my sig item is also handmade chain mail (not a keychain though).

SylvrStorm

*** Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and they laugh at you. ***

My apologies too, for hijacking this thread.

The keychains do look pretty cool. Too bad I'll probably never get over to that area to find one.

Sorry, no pics of my sig chainmail available right now. It's nothing fancy, just a flat piece of chainmail. I can post a pic this evening, after I have a chance to snap one with the digital camera at home.

Here's a photo of a chainmail travel bug called Canadian Pride that I recently released for the Canadian TB race. It's made with much lighter wire than I usually use.

SylvrStorm

*** Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and they laugh at you. ***

Love that chainmail. We figured out that split ring chainmail can stop a broad head and a sword or knife. But a field point rips right through it.

Back to the topic. I've missed things by a few hours or even a day at a remote cache that hadn't been found for a month. Fortunatly I've not walked away from a worthwhile trade yet. The worst is when there are several of the things I like to trade for. Then I have to limit myself to one trade and walk away. I'd feel guilty if I traded it all out.

I recently stopped at a TB hotel and someone had added a TB camera right before I got there, so it wasn't on the cache page I had printed out. I missed it, and I suspect that I took a picture with it and signed it's log, thinking it was the cache camera and cache log. I'm not sure there, because it would be odd to not notice the TB tag.

pokeanim3.gif

My experience like that was in one nearby cache I was oicking through the cache trinkets as my sister was going through the log book. THere was a funny little foam chair that is to hold your cellphone on your desk. I thought it was funny, but decided not to take it.

WHen I got home and logged the cache online, I saw in the previous logs that the chair was left by my co-worker. I wish I had kept it, it woulda been fun to leave it on his desk when he wasn't looking.

Shannon

VegasCacheHounds

Yep, I once logged a cache and when I got home to log it discovered the guy before me had left a Roman Coin (something I happen to collect).

But the only time I REALLY kicked myself when I actually left my GPSr (a GPSV) at the cache and walked almost two tenths of a mile before I realized what I'd done.

I had put the unit down to sign the log. It was in the winter and while fumbling with my gloves, heavy coat, backpack etc, I failed to realize i hadn't picked it up.

Fortuantely I was able to follow my foot prints in the snow -- it would have been a tougher fix in the summer with undergrowth.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."