Useing Caches for other game items.

I have seen in several caches recently items that are used in other games which are related to Geocaching but are not for the "public at large" I have no problem with this (maybe others do) I just don't want to accidently take something that is not for public taking. I saw a blue tag that had a very nice discription of what it was and asking those not playing "that" game not to take it. Then just yesterday I saw an item (a painted railroad spike) that looked like it might have been involved in some other game but I was unsure. My suggestion is that if you don't want someone to take your special item it needs to be clearly marked. Just some thoughts

There are caches that are also used for Letterboxing (a sport similar to Geocaching,but without the GPS). The problem that seems to crop up from time-to-time, is that Geocachers who are ignorant about Letterboxing sometimes take the Letterbox stamp, thinking its a trade item.

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

I just want to affirm that the Butano Medallions are there for the taking. If you place it someplace interesting or someplace far away, I would love to hear about it. But you are welcome to take them, keep them, leave them, or whatever. And if you get over to the Oat Bun cache by Mengarelliott, then you can even tack the medallion to your walking stick (or do so anyway even if you don't icon_wink.gif).

I never get lost!

I simply investigate alternate destinations!

I just want to affirm that the Butano Medallions are there for the taking. If you place it someplace interesting or someplace far away, I would love to hear about it. But you are welcome to take them, keep them, leave them, or whatever. And if you get over to the Oat Bun cache by Mengarelliott, then you can even tack the medallion to your walking stick (or do so anyway even if you don't icon_wink.gif).

I never get lost!

I simply investigate alternate destinations!