So I can't draw....

Pubo

Glad you didn't make me the clown...... icon_wink.gif

Now, in English?

I want to upload a jpeg from my drive to a post in another forum.

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

You'll have to ftp it into your personal webspace that's provided by your isp...

The program you need can be downloaded from download.com, either cuteftp or wsftp work well.

Once that's installed, you have to get the address of where you're uploading it to. For example, I use qwest dsl, so I ftp into users.qwest.net, using my login and password. In both of those programs, your hard drive will be in the left window, and your ISP's server will be on the right. The you just drag and drop the files you want to upload.

You might have to consult your isp's help on how to do all this as you'll need the address for their ftp server, and the url for your webspace... It's kind of a pain but you'll be able to host photos and set up your own webpage...

geosig.jpg

Contents Under Pressure...

Criminal,

I know AR's post probably sounded a little confusing... but it's really not hard, and very nice to have access to your own webspace.

Easiest if you are confused is to call your ISP customer service line. Tell them you want your own page. Virtually all ISP's offer personal web space. Maybe only a couple of megs.. maybe 50 megs. Anyway, they'll be able to help you out from there.

When it's all set up, it'll be like AR described. You load this program, connect to your "space." On the left will be you HD contents, and on the right will be the web space. You just highlight and move the files you want... then when you come to the caching site, you just type in the picture's URL into the appropriate space in the "post and image" window.

Jamie

ROFLMAO @ brdad

I think you get my vote for the funniest. icon_biggrin.gif That was great.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

The Leprechauns are honored to be the subject of brdad's cartoon! In other words, I'm still wiping the tears of laughter out of my eyes.

Your story is a little different than our real log for The Thousand Steps Cache but I swear you must have overheard Little Lep on another occasion. She said, "Daddy, you spend so much time reading those forums, haven't you learned enough about geocaching yet?" icon_biggrin.gif

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames.

quote:
Originally posted by Zartimus:

We don't all have superpowers. We can't all see your cartoon behind that password protected image world you live in. Where's Wonder Woman when I need her?

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.

You know it worked the very first time I posted it from Island and I thought everything was fine! ACK. Thanks guys, I'll throw it up on some real webspace and edit the origional post. I was trying to do this from work where Mr. Firewall doesn't allow much in the way of FTP'ing out.

Where's Wonder Woman when I need her?

Oh Linda? She's somewhere down in the BatCave dusting her collection of fabrige eggs.

[This message was edited by Zartimus on October 03, 2002 at 09:00 PM.]

It is nobody, and everybody. I used some familiar terms, but I was lampooning newcomers who for their very first post suggest that everybody change the way the sport it played. And when someone who has been around a while suggests that it might not be the best idea, they go off and get pissy at all of us for not changing to meet their needs. But, if I have to explain it, then...

Oh, well, another day, another comic. Back to the drawing board.

stealyourcache.gif Serious cachers needed! www.theheavenlyhost.com/geocache

Personally, I use the "PrintScreen" key. Then 'paste' into my graphic program. (Fireworks, if you must know) Then I crop and export to a gif file. Then I upload to my web server and use the 'image' key here on Groundspeak to insert the direct URL to that image on my server. If anyone else needs more help, please email me, rather than fill up this thread with discussion about how to implement graphics on the forum. I'll be happy to help.

stealyourcache.gif Serious cachers needed! www.theheavenlyhost.com/geocache

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. 0:

I'll bite. How are you saving the comics as a pic to post it, or are you just posting a direct link?

Well, the best way to do those is to create the comic, do a printscreen and then open the image in a paint program with ctrl-v... pasting it into a new image. Trim it up by cropping it to the size you want, then save it. Upload it to your local web space (where you keep your home page, if you have one) and then use the UBB image tag to insert the url location for your pic.

That is how I do it, anyway... and in typing that out, I realize that if you've never done most of that before - you'll have no idea wtf I just said. I'm good at doing things, not explaining. icon_biggrin.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

And, no, it is not umc.

You got that right, I'm much better looking. icon_smile.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

Proud New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

That is how I do it, anyway... and in typing that out, I realize that if you've never done most of that before - you'll have no idea wtf I just said. I'm good at doing things, not explaining. icon_biggrin.gif

code]

Yup, I've done that before, and that's what I was thinking of doing. I guess I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it. But that's easy enough, and it'll work for me. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. 0:

I guess I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it. But that's easy enough, and it'll work for me. icon_smile.gif

With Netscape, you can click on View ... Page Info, then click on the Media tab and it gives a list of all images on the page, can save the image right from there.

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.