Jump to content

Ranking System


GhostWolf
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

I was just wondering how I was doing compared to everyone else. I have had a GPS unit for a little over a month and have logged a total of 35 finds, in 5 different states and 1 country. I was wondering who has logged the most finds. In how many different states/countries. Multiple visits to the same cache or state/country don't count.

Link to comment

Ghostwolf,

 

Congratulations on 35 finds in one month. This is indeed quite an accomplishment.

 

Now that you have mastered finding caches, it might be time you actually became a participant in the sport by hiding you first cache.

 

To many of us, planning, creating and hiding caches is as rewarding as the occasional find. When you have 35 hides, then that is a true accomplishment worthy of admiration.

Link to comment

I wanted to place my own cache a while ago but I am moving when I graduate therefore I can't upkeep my cache here unless I keep my girlfriend around. There are a lot in this area that I am at right now and not a lot where I am going. I figured that if I spent as much time as I have focused on hunting than I can spend more time hiding when I move. Maybe to promote the sport in that area and encourage more people to hide so I can find them. I am moving to the UP. (Marquette) and last time I looked there was only one hidden in the area. I am disappointed and not sure what I am going to do. Does anyone have any good experiences searching for a cache that they hid?

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by GhostWolf:

I wanted to place my own cache a while ago but I am moving when I graduate therefore I can't upkeep my cache here unless I keep my girlfriend around.


 

Hmmm -

a) Marry your girlfriend and take her with you.

B) Dump your girlfriend but keep her there to watch your cache.

c) Forget about your girlfriend and your ideas for a new cache there, find a travel bug and move it on its way. icon_cool.gif

 

Venture Forth, out to the wild, wet forest...

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by GhostWolf:

I wanted to place my own cache a while ago but I am moving when I graduate therefore I can't upkeep my cache here unless I keep my girlfriend around.


 

Hmmm -

a) Marry your girlfriend and take her with you.

;) Dump your girlfriend but keep her there to watch your cache.

c) Forget about your girlfriend and your ideas for a new cache there, find a travel bug and move it on its way. icon_cool.gif

 

Venture Forth, out to the wild, wet forest...

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by GhostWolf:

I am moving to the UP. (Marquette) and last time I looked there was only one hidden in the area. I am disappointed and not sure what I am going to do. Does anyone have any good experiences searching for a cache that they hid?


 

Wait until winter comes. You'll have lots of caches to find ... your house, your car, your snowmobile, etc. With Lake Superior right there, you'll have no end of fine lake affect snow. However, during the summer you might try a cache like I saw posted down around Chicago. I can't remember the name ... and, I'm not on my normal computer so can't do a good search. You might try e-mailing Markwell ... since it's in his area he might know the name.

 

As I remember it, the way the Chicago area cache worked was that if you found it, you were responsible for re-hiding it and posting the new coordinates. Theoretically, that would allow unlimited finds on the same cache for just two people.

 

Good luck in the UP. If you're an outdoor person, you'll find lots of outdoors. My wife and I used to live about a hundred miles northwest of there.

 

Jeepster

Road kill on the information highway ...

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by GhostWolf:

I was just wondering how I was doing compared to everyone else. I have had a GPS unit for a little over a month and have logged a total of 35 finds, in 5 different states and 1 country. I was wondering who has logged the most finds. In how many different states/countries. Multiple visits to the same cache or state/country don't count.


 

Well, I started Feb 3rd and today I found my 48th cache and yesterday I hid my 12th cache. Then again there are over 682 caches within 100 miles of me. It all depends an where you live. If there weren't so many caches in my area I doubt I would have been able to find so many.

 

george

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Followers 0
×
×
  • Create New...